Dear Illfonic,

Please for the love of Dutch, FIX YOUR GAME! Me and my friends are getting tired of the crashes/freezes and not getting credit on Challenges. Last week I lost out on 2 exfills and my friend lost out on 3. This madness needs to stop!

8 Likes

Chasing crashes has been one of our top priorities. If you can, put notes as to what happened right before the crash in any crash reports, as this will help QA narrow down more quickly what happened with your crash. The more we can replicate, the more we can fix.

4 Likes

Good to hear that at least somebody from Illfonic seems to care! Good luck thenā€¦

Using self-syringe now puts my game in crash.
Was using Fireteam (Supporter) and happened twice in Derailed level whenever I tried to use the self-syringe.

2 Likes

A lot of my friend and Iā€™s crashes occur either when the predator quick claims on of the fire team meme we or if a fire team member uses a self revive and another example that has happened a few times is when the predator goes into second wind

On PC after the update, the game would authorize and authenticate, then just close. A fix was given here to delete some files, which worked. A person just had to reconstruct all the load outs.
Epic never offered a real fix, I donā€™t believe.

1 Like

Howā€™s is this a bug reports exactly?

The other day, I froze just by trying to jump away from a slashing Predator. Sometimes my friends freeze up on infil but then they are able to move a minute or two after the rest of the FT infills. Itā€™s hard to pinpoint what exactly is the cause. Could be something the Predator is doing, could be high ping of either FT members or Predator, itā€™s hard to say but I will keep my eyes open.

1 Like

I need to be the advocate of the devil.

But seriouslyā€¦ this topic has been the main topic since the release of the game. I stopped playing, gave you guyā€™s the same amount of time as I played it to implement actual fixes. Expand the title and make it into what it is supposed to be. Yetā€¦? You guyā€™s jump from one fire-pit into the next. There is always something new that is broken and generally they all fall into the depertment ā€œgame breaking bugsā€. From the pigs, to the trees, to the claims. Matchmaking, friendlists, crossplay.

If your team released this game as it was originally intended? It would be a very solid 8,5/10 game. Iā€™m saying this as a old game-journalist who left the industry. An 8,5/10! That is very solid. Yet the state this game is in, and has been in since release? Itā€™s balancing between a 4,5 and a 5,5 out of 10. Gamebreaking bugs, promises not delivered. Very minor communication with the community and a focus that relies on the wrong aspects of the game.

I read ā€œIā€™m so proud of this teamā€ on the internet, regarding the team working on this game. While in reality, your community IS your customer. These players ARE your income. What will happen to the reputation of Illfonic? I - personally - will truly reconsider ten times before buying your next title. If it is anything like Predator Hunting Grounds? Then the problem lies within the team. People are kept on board that are simply not up for the task. And I get it, replacing programmers is a hellish job because you need new people to fix old code. Which might just create more problems than before.

Because the core design of the game is awesome, but there are people working in your team, that have systematically showedā€¦ this game is beyond fixing. It IS a 4,5/10 because it never got fixed.

I stopped playing because I couldnā€™t with a clear conscious recommend this game to friends. I had to tell them about ALL the flaws, before hyping up this title. It was literally my job to ā€˜sellā€™ games to gamers. Make them enthusiastic about products I loved. For the first 3 months I LOVED your game, until I started to see the cracks and balance became an issue. And over time? You just made it worse, replaced one gamebreaking bug with the next.

So itā€™s nice that crashes have your top priority, because they are legally your responsibility to not get a letter from a lawyer bringing your company to court. Because you arenā€™t selling what you are showing. You need to deliver a working product. This is legally your responsibility. And it has been your priority SINCE release. And ā€œas long as it runsā€ cannot be your companies quality vision of your studio. It will mean that at one point, Illfonic will stop to exist.

Iā€™ve made my choice. After waiting for months to see this product get better, live up to itā€™s (realistic) potential? I see that itā€™s not waiting for this game to finally be finishedā€¦ But accepting the truth that this game is beyond fixing. ā€œIn working orderā€ clearly has a different meaning to your team, compared to your community.

You were warned, months ago. Iā€™m leaving this forum for what it is. Everyone is saying what your old fans were saying. But this title? Itā€™s like an old Dutch saying:

ā€˜You can give a monkey a golden ring, yet the monkey is and stays an ugly thing.ā€™

I really loved your game, but I grew tired of waiting for something that should have been your ā€˜normalā€™ from the start. You have some house cleaning to do, or your studio will fail in the long run.

2 Likes

Are you on PS4 or PC? My friend and I are on PS4 and havenā€™t experienced a crash for almost a month. They happened frequently but all of a sudden stopped without an updateā€¦I donā€™t know what happened but it is interesting that we havenā€™t experienced it in a while and others still do.

I am PS4 and crashes still happen. Luckily not as often as in the first days after the patchā€¦

Are you referring to the error reports you submit at the bluescreens? Because I always attach video with mine, thereā€™s plenty Iā€™ve submitted recently.

Today, I froze for 3 seconds while engaged in melee with a FT after downing another player. By the time Iā€™d unfroze I was second winded, game over šŸ™„

Same here. Twice now Iā€™ve bluescreened while self-reviving my Support class on PS4.

You speak! Oh gosh thank you šŸ™ our prayers are answered, we are saved!..from the crash bugs šŸ˜