Dear Predator Mains

This is going to be a long thread full of discussion, but there will be a summation at the bottom.
Please remember to be objective, not just for “your side”.

My bias: I am biased for both, I play both classes equally and I have fun with both. I also win pretty easily with both roles.
Legend:
Fireteam (FT)
Boars = Pigs

1. The Predator already has an insane amount of buffs that weren’t exactly necessary but the bug fixes to the classes were.

2. People are playing the Predator wrong, it is quite obvious when you see a Hunter run in pretending to be a Berserker and then complains over voice comms that he didn’t just one-shot 4 FT at once.

3. Predators are not doing the private testing that FT groups do to figure out the vulnerabilities of not only the FT, but also each Predator.

4. Predator mains want the Predator to be so over-buffed and the FT so over-nerfed that doing so will ruin queue times and sour the game for both parties.

5. FT are going to keep coming up ways to combat unprepared Predators.

6. As a result of inexperienced, under-prepared, and the lack of desire to get better, Predator mains have become the most toxic not only in this forum, but also the unofficial discord. Predator mains have become an echo chamber of each other by shouting louder and harder in order to combat any other discussion.

7. When you lose, take a moment to do some research as to why you lost, what you did in that battle, what could have gone better. The first thing you shouldn’t do is rage quit and come to the forums to cry for more buffs to Predators and nerfs to FT, which I have seen happen.

Summary: Do some testing about being a Predator before you join a game (it seems most do without playing the tutorial), then rush into a group of fireteam (FT), and get rocked because you are not only unprepared ahead of time, but also you are reckless.

I have been working and studying with this team though, so I am going to plug their new thread which has some nice ideas to start off with.

7 Likes

I agree I have played FT way more than Pred, but even on pred if I try to run in if the FT has any coordination, they will drop me . You have to weaken them and pick off stragglers. You can’t just bull rush them, even as berserker. Remember they are just pixels.

4 Likes

I think that a lot of the private testing shouldn’t be necessary as the developers should release the numbers of hits and stuff to public. But I do agree with a lot of what is being said here because it is well thought out and well presented. I have witnessed too many people rage on comms after they got downed because they did not take the time do any tactical research, we’ll call it that.

4 Likes

Yea i dont know i do play more predator then FT but thats only because its a predator game and i wanted to play as the predator, but that being said i would state that the predator befor the patch was so weak that you couldnt really do much there was like 2 play styles that you had to play in order to win as the predator now its more opened, to show you what i mean befor the update it was mostly Ranged builds Via the plasma caster and hoping to get a snipe off or Combistick builds and hoping the fire team doesnt know about the pray option but now you can use traps and its not a big deal as a failed try wouldnt leave you at a loss

you can also use the smart disk now and is a Great choice now ( i still think it needs a small buff just in the sense its very hard to use and it doesnt really give you THAT much of lag up on the fight so i mean…) the bow is PREFECT now and has a reason to use over the plasma caster, wanna be the sniping type? put on down range and use the bow boom there you go. stuff like that giving reasons for every item i like that makes the game feel bigger then it is and honestly we need more of that

items in my thoughts that need either a buff or a tweek are

WarClub

SmartDisc

elderSword

Handheld plasma caster

thats pretty much it every thing else has its reasons for being in the game and why you would want to pick it

2 Likes

THIS.

if I had access to the numbers and didnt have to get 4 randos together to test shit in a private match. I would put in the effort and number crunch for my balance change post. Or at least try. But as of right now all anyone can really do is “speculate” on what should be done.

I agree 100% I play with a pretty good FT & a Predator that knows what she/he is doing always wins. That being said even a Predator that rushes in and starts CQC uselessly wins, even when all four of us our focusing them down. It is the players who rush in blindly and mashing buttons thinking they are bullet proof and don’t understand what second wind is etc… The point I am making here, is that players who lose as the Predator, become toxic over the mic saying “Nerf the FT” or “Buff the Predator”. They are not trying and want the win handed to them on a platter. These player are making the game unbalanced by wanting more and taking away from the FT. Bottom line here is if you keep messing with the checks and balances you will lose a player base of people who enjoy the game and play it on a regular; over people who just want a easy win… Predator players who are complaining, you are not god in the game. Learn the game, play it smart, and you will start having fun. !!!DO NOT NERF THE FT ANYMORE!!! FT has it hard as it is!

You might as well stop Dude. Your not getting your Opness back. Your not gonna convince the Devs to bring back your Opness. Ft’s are hella salty because they can’t shit all over the Predator anymore, they can’t chase him down anymore and knife him to death. If your queing up with randoms and they make dumb moves that’s your fault, not the Predators. Form a team, que in and keep constant communication. This last patch balanced both teams so stop complaining and play it smart.

1 Like

I would argue that while the gameplay has been artificially balanced. It was done in a hasty way and could be done better.

So ima shamelessly link this

Hop on those replies and we can talk some real balance. Just make sure your replies are thought out please.

1 Like

One more thing before I pop off this thread. I would say that the majority of my predator ass kickings have been because of extreme lag (just bad server ping for everyone) making my most important tools ie predkour, net gun, smart disc. Extremely difficult to use. And as such. I get my teeth kicked in. Thats what happens when one team has projectile weapons. And the other hitscan. The lag sucks for both teams but fuck if hitscan isnt the most forgiving of the two.

Edit

What im saying is is that predator is probably even more strong right now than my win/loss might suggest (if we could see it) purely due to lag issues.

I have been working and studying with this team though, so I am going to plug their new thread.

2 Likes

This the one you were talking about on my thread?

I wish you were right. But I’m still able to chase down predators and kill them in a couple knife hits and parry nearly every one of their attacks. It’s like they barely even changed anything.

1 Like

Typically lose as predator because FT is calling the chopper by the 5 minute mark and I didn’t have time to do jack shit. Unless I want to run the bezerker and combistick and play 3 minutes. The just isn’t fun to me

1 Like

Whata know lol made up patch notes to convince the Devs to buff the FT and debuff the Predator. Lmao

No those patch notes are mostly concerned with technical stuff. And more of the xp balancing and other cool ideas along those lines. My patch notes are more along the lines of balancing. And not this artificial shit theyve done to try and fight the exploits. Some real thought out balancing. Still, their patch notes will probably pick up more on the balancing soon. They are quite new.

Trust me when i say, those predators that you can still run up on in second wind, have no idea what theyre doing.

SW just received a massive buff, and most people dont understand how to properly put distance/terrain/objects between them and FT.

actually, all I am interested in is a fair, balanced, and enjoyable game for all. I don’t want something that is just a predator running around and rick rolling people or the fireteam just playing any random fps shooter with no regard for tactics and strategy, like cod

1 Like

Yeah, yeah predator players are bad blah, blah you can’t tell me that nearly everyone playing predator is bad. I’m not buying into that for a second. Because “good” or “bad” I can still kill them in a couple knife hits and that shouldn’t be happening.

i agree with part of this i dont think they need anymore nerfs but i mean, hard enough? its only hard if your solo’ing if you know what your doing along with your team then you have the match in your hands so i mean…

Well form a team and quit queing with randoms and keep constant communication. Like I said if you que up with randoms and they make a mistake that’s your fault not the Predators. You have to play it smart now.