Digitigrade legs

I AM NOT A FAN OF THE PREDATOR 2018 !!!

But the digitigrade legs concept actually felt nice. It gave the creature this exotic posture, it dragged it away from being more human and made it more animal. Seriously, if there’s anything in that movie that I’ve remotely liked – it was the concept for Assasin Predator legs.

I have been messing around with Elder and City Hunter 3d bodies and started my own project. Please keep in mind – this is not even work in progress, its just a concept art activity – and it will not get finished as we have no sdk for P:HG and modding to game is not allowed or supported in any way, shape or form.

What are your thoughts on this? Would it benefit a Yautja or rather drew him back? This skeletal setup is fantastic for speed and agility, but how would it cope with climbing and close quarter, hand to hand combat?
And finally - 4 or 5 toes?

2 Likes

Sure. But does digitigrade and bipedalism make sense from an evolutionary/ergonomic perspective?

Ostrich feet are optimized for bipedalism.

That would look weird.

Since the Yautja are adept at climbing, the four strait toes with the opposable fifth toe actually makes physical sense.

3 Likes

All true… but it looks cool XDDD
No seriosuly, what about theropods? Bipedalism and digitigrade features are going there… well… toe to toe ;-) Some fastest and most leathal hunteres were produced by Mother Nature with those features

Elite

1 Like

All swett… but can it climb XD?

Some honourable mentions and examples of Yautja with digitigrade legs from the official lore:

Four-Armed Predator from official Predators comik book

Literally… he is THE ONLY FUKIN ONE out there
Apart from Assasin pred 2018, but we don’t mention that shit…

2 Likes

1 Like

Hah. Where do you think ostriches came from?

Seriously, though. Theropods we’re balanced horizontally over there feet. They basically walked mostly on a long middle toe. Raptors we’re basically two toed.

Another modern comparison. Kangaroos. Not that different from us.

Personally, I’m still a fan of the original Yautja feet. Makes sense given bipedalism, arboreal proficiency, and tool users.

2 Likes

Needs a giant pair of bewbs.

1 Like