Director says what saved Predator franchise is a CGI Predator in Prey

See this proves my point, like he couldn’t hear her? 🙄

It’s so bad lol

Practical effects are bad

Cgi effects are bad

Besides at least the cgi gives freedom of choreography.

I know I said realism was important for pred but that was in reference to bullet damage.

In this so what?

What’s next the original is bad because they didn’t act like real soldiers, knew how to make traps with no apparent training, and had JH stand still unnecessarily?

WTF?

Just being practical effects gives your movie an edge?

Hmm I don’t know

Both of the articles have Midthunder complimenting the practical effects

The only thing you did was take them out of context to push your narrative

@Finessology even if you hate the film you can’t agree with this man

You mean like aliens?

Oh wait that’s just an amazing film with political beliefs.

It’s almost Like the issue is that the left are bad writers and not because they’re political

for me its this and the brothers death

lmao the pred runs away and he turns around and just starts talking to her, then just gets UUUEENGH stabbed and carried gently out of the frame while the sound goes out for like 20 seconds

Is this what they call dishonest filmmaking?

1 Like

I meant movement, lighting, and the fact CGI is weightless. And the importance of not trying to animate animal fur physics because ffs.

Yes. Case and point, The Thing vs The Thing remake.

TRY TO STOP ME

lol I don’t hate the film, the concept isn’t bad they just took it in a Marvel direction. I knew what they were trying to do but they just didn’t have the talent or effort to do it. It’s janky streaming c movie dropped on indigenous people’s month to advertise & forgive the acting & the preds just a dumb zombie in it as a side character and couldve been replaced with any blind SyFy original monster.

AvPR Strauss bros, despite being the terrible directors they are, atleast let the special fx team do their thing. This was IT Warehouse in India meets Pochahontas.

1 Like
  1. Ok

2. How! she didn’t praise it like you said and it says her opinion influenced the director and all she did was describe how they put it on, how was it out of context!

3. No don’t you change the topic we are talking about Pred

That was kind of the point though

Yes let’s just ignore the remakes poor writing and choreography as well as LOTR

In reference to this part

What about the blatant straw manning?

“Then it gets real”

A compliment phrased in a way to illustrate a bit of shock

Are you an alien?

It’s not changing the subject

Media mixed in with politics is amazing

It’s the bad writing that plagues Hollywood

Look at my beautiful clip above and his flowing dreadlocks as he seethes on the ground. He has autism please be patient.

Soul-
Unfortunately the director is a hack though and its edited like a fan film.

Neither CGI or practicals are bad. Practicals are just better because they are tangible and CGI is meant to be used to enhance them, not to animate.

The draw of The Thing is that its a whodunnit with prop gore. yes we’ll ignore the writing and choreography. do you watch the Jason movies for the plot?

and wasnt your argument that cgi allows for freedom of choreography?

1 Like

I’m not even following your other conversation, I only pick the highest of fruits from the low hanging fruit tree.

I can’t help you

2 Likes
  1. Lol now who’s taking out of context that’s not a real compliment and doesn’t disregard her early statement lol

Both show on the screen all the same

I watch them for being iconic

Gore fests are boring and hold no actual value.

As for as I care the gore can be non-existent

Allows not garuntees. The choreography was poor by directing.

???

It’s time to go to sleep chat

Her earlier statement was about the suit with the head off, so not even accurate

And yes a practical effect becoming real absolutely is a compliment since that’s the entire point.

You agree that politics in media is good after complaining that politics in media is bad…

Yes.

Gore fests hold no value.

1. Exactly and that’s why he changed the face to cgi because of her influence which split the community like I said with 2nd article 🙄

2. I’m sorry I didn’t read it right bad writing is because of politics and that ruins franchise like Star Wars for example lol 😂

No, Midthunder complimenting the suits practical effects does not push cgi

Your completely misunderstanding the quote you alien

No it was poor writing

Sure it may of been fueled by politics but so can anything

A movie, a book, science, math, can all be used as fuel for any creative design that ends up being bad.

Again look at aliens, a political film that is extremely good.

Your judging politics in media by it’s worst, not by it’s best

Your a alien, I showed proof and proved you wrong, I showed you how because of her influence they ended up using cgi, which by the way split the community! and we are going to keep doing this dance for eternity! like I told you before and I’m willing to keep doing it to so you might as well give up!

Because it is bad look how bad prey is, I already in another thread posted how there are nothing but plot holes in this feminist propaganda! A SKINNY INDIAN GIRL WITH NO EXPERIENCE TRICKED A PREDATOR TO KILL ITSELF WHILE IN PREDATOR 1 THERE WERE ELITE BLACK OPS BUFF MALE SOLDIERS WHICH ONLY ONE SURVIVED! HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?! ARE YOU BLIND OR JUST IGNORANT!

Your proof is a basterdized take of a quote and the assistance that bring real for an object meant to look real isn’t a compliment

Even with your basterduzed take you only showed that she “didn’t like the practical effects” (very heavy " marks)

Not that the opinion held any wait

So?

Oh contrare

I can dance as well

OK first off

A. It took one of those elite soldiers at the end of the movie so that whole group thing is killed

B. That predator was experienced, this predator wasn’t. So yes I fully expect a weaker predator to die to a weaker opponent.

Hell this was Feral’s first time even seeing a human where JH was already blooded and experienced.

C. Naru had a better position. By the time Dutch could avoid the pred seeing him had caveman weapons

Naru had a gun and shot him in the head.

That’s it, Naru had a better field position than dutch against a less skilled foe.

Hell you want to talk about 87? What about the fact that Dutch just knew how to make log traps and bows and spears?

That’s just random as fuck. I don’t see it as a flaw, but if your pulling comparisons