Do y’all think illfonic make a comeback

Well the maintenance didn’t fix anything it made more bugs sooo I don’t think very highly of it

Donc elle a servie à quoi d’après vous a des test pour le prochain mode ?

6 Likes

It really depends on the February update. Let’s be honest, it’s no secret the game is doing poorly right now. There’s just no interest in the game anymore. You can see that in the lack of views streams and videos get and that you’ll always come across the same people in matches. And even the people that have stuck with the game for so long are getting sick of it.

If you ask me, the February update is going to be the one to either make it or break it. I believe that’s their last chance at salvaging this game. If it’s another dud, this game is done for. If it’s something good that gives us a fair bit of content for both sides and a map and mode then yeah, that’ll be a good start to a turnaround.

But I really doubt it’ll be a good one. I’m betting it’ll be exactly like December’s update where it’s just a handful of fireteam content and that’s it. And everyone will be disappointed after waiting 2 months for basically bread crumbs and they’ll drop the game. And at that point what reason would illfonic have to continue updating a game that hardly anyone plays anymore? They won’t get much revenue so they’ll cancel support and move onto the next project.

It’s a sad state of affairs really.

7 Likes

I really hope your wrong but I suspect you might be right.
I’m hoping they’ve taken the extended time frame to polish the game and “perfect” the new mode. If anything some severe playtesting to work out the existing bugs, identify and fix new ones coming in the update.
I think it’ll be “make or break” for the beta/pre order crowd who’ve grown rather cynical and tired after all this time. I don’t think the game will die, definitely got a fresh dose of players during Christmas so there’s that.
In the end we’ve still gotta just wait out the next 3-4 weeks and see, like always. Because I don’t ever see illfonic being more open about the content planned for release than they are now.

2 Likes

I hope I’m wrong too. Even the current state of the game it could still be salvageable if they actually bothered to communicate with us more. I think that’s what’s doing the most damage. And I hope that whoever the reason is for Illfonic’s silence can see how it’s hurting the game and the community.

The extra month of work would have made me hopeful that the update would be a good one if it wasn’t for the December update. That one took 2 months and sadly it was still a dud. Nothing more than a few new FT goodies, bugs and questionable balance decisions as per usual.

Please prove me wrong Illfonic, let this update be a good one for once.

2 Likes

They may fix things eventually whether intentionally or not however I severely doubt it’ll be the Feb update that will save the game it’ll probably be 8+ months from now. I just wonder if the player base can sustain itself for that long.

3 Likes

No

1 Like

@Durbs2001 this is Old Gregg’s Last Hope 💯 illfonic goes backwards from here or even continue see the same where we’re at right now with the game as far as bug issues I’ll be joining everybody else on Battlefront 2 then already bought remnant

2 Likes

I was in a same place as you are now, and once clash dropped I knew it can only get worse so I just stopped having false hope. But Since you brought up SWBF2 I’ll join you just send a invite

2 Likes

Can I have a third option? (They get bought out)

1 Like

Genius

1 Like

I have moments of it 😂

1 Like

Sadly I can’t change it due to how the forum is set up

1 Like

It’s all good, but I guess the answer of a buyout could technically be a yes if the buyer where to save the game.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true
At first I was hoping they could make a comeback like EA did but they haven’t listened to us yet sooo my expectations are extremely low

1 Like

EA did what? STWF? WTF is WTWF? Dont try to sound cool and hip, if i google that and come up with nothing, thats your own fault.

2 Likes

Star Wars battlefront 2

1 Like

Yeah i thought so, BYOB.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to sound hip

1 Like