Do you think we'll ever get a new AVP game?

I loved AVP 1 and 2 back on the PC and I even loved AVP 2010.

I really hope we eventually get a new one.

I’d like to see some gameplay mechanics from PHG and even Aliens Fireteam Elite merged in this hypothetical game

3 Likes

The films were god aweful but full of fan fap. So were the games in my honest opinion, but that never stops the pop machine. You can bet that if a AAA title open world game were to be developed, it would be based on AVP and I bet you there won’t be no cheezy mechanic that lets you play all three in some cheezy half-baked concept. I’d expect a human perspective going in deep into lore.

I dont understand why those AVP games got people so crazy, they were so shallow.

You got a point there. So long as they don’t tread the AVP (Game) waters again.
I’d see if anything Capcom’s AVP being a starting point but NOT so illustrative and cartoony.

Plus to jump between species would have to be a massive leap and not force-fed as the AVP games were. And as you said it, be like PHG and AFTE, so these games absolutely must be in the game as it stands. It would only mean that their entire game would have to be paid for on it’s own as ‘separate part’ of the game. Imagine that, having to pay an entire full price for a game inside of a game?

No

Ah I see

Yeah I still want it

3 Likes

A game is rumored to be in earl development

iirc there is one in development atm. Lemme try and find the article

1 Like

We 100% will get another game. We will also get movies as well. Just give it time. The Alien and Predator franchise has an unbelievably massive fan base. With the right script and director it will be revitalized.

3 Likes

you know that we got this covered is notoriously just lies and clickbait, right ?

1 Like

No, I don’t

neither of these games have mechanics worth porting wdym? dodge rolling for colonial marines?
You want the terrible predkour for aliens? A 3rd person avp game with the character blocking the screen?

The modded maps, modes, and custom classes in AvP2. Fluid map traversal, asymmetrical gameplay, and destructibles in a multiplayer game’s hard to find.

2 Likes

I was more so thinking of the gunplay and cover mechanics for the marines and I like the level of customization you can have with classes and abilities.

And yeah I wouldn’t mind a 3rd person AVP game.

The first person was cool, but I’d rather be able to see my character

1 Like

I hate pvp cover shooters so much.
Ever play The Division PvP?

Notice how AvP2010 didnt have these clunky melee tracking issues and that was with aim assist added for consoles.
3rd person aliens are just horrible blocking the screen with their fuck huge heads and then trying to melee people, wallcrawl, etc when you can’t even see what’s directly infront of you.

1 Like

Tbh i doubt it

But if so, it would make a shit ton of money considering how everyone loved avp 2010

Division? Oh you mean insta-full-heal in Dark Zone and get griefed by Rogues simulator