Do you want Better Open World NPC Mechanics?

So i want to stress that NPCs are bland in many games today. I think we should have a variety of results from interactions with them and for the most part have a change in emotional paths which equal to profound changes in their narrative outcomes.

Think of this opportunity as a potential for bonus points!

How this data is used to give you an actual Smart Learning Outcome would be that it would need to be stored in an actual database created within the cloud/game server database ($$$); then make certain you’re shown ‘actual class-corpos,netrunner, so on.’ data and the ‘class that you really chose’ relationship. So that the coupons made here can contribute to discounts during your gameplay!

I can’t say discounts could equate to your PSN or STEAM/EPIC monetary credits for the store- that’s wrong on so many levels! But since the game is already out for so long and you’ve probably need to or thought about farming an undetermined amount of ingame currency (unless you do that hack where you sell this map and whatever). But the potential for you to have saved money without farming would prove to be an unseen burden lifted from the game entirely(you know we all farmed in this game).

ill use RDR2 and Cyberpunk 2077 for a reasonable vice.

RDR2 often had either some kind of offending or defensive response and usually only lead to an A or B conversation which means “offended” or “friended”.
You could also just run into them and push them and they would automatically be offended to the point of hostile (guns drawn).

This hostile and friendly outcome was not the case in Cyberpunk for obvious casual reasons.
You couldn’t run them over physically and have them alter their relationship. All you could do is run them over with a vehicle! You didn’t want this because they will be dead and the cops come!

In Cyberpunk, you only had about 3-4 lines of random interaction text. TEXT! and it was fairly lame and casual.

I get that you shouldn’t be able to be that hostile with them , so I propose that the solution would be to add the ability to ADJUST your relationship with them.

Simply put, saying/offering something to them would change their course of destiny.
Destiny would be that they were on 1 path but by saying something drastic to them would change their course to a second path.

A clear fact though is that in RDR2, the majority of the NPCs had a work-a-day life. It was unique. In Cyberpunk, i couldn’t tell. If they actually had one, good.
But to change their path would be even better!

This could be something like sayin something peculiar to them would either make them go visit
1.a ripper to upgrade (promote your favourite ripper doc and give them friend points and give your ripperdoc friends bonus business!), 2 . visit a joytoy( because you think they’re a bunch of invalids), 3. make them go buy some product (because they look like douche bags and make them feel bad) like making them goto the closest vending machine for a candy bar or to the closest clothing store for new threads! or even get them to purchase a vehicle (no weapons i’m sure).
Then a system of Influence Points could be awarded. And based on what you do could give you discounts at the thing that they did. or something.

How hard could that be? But no NPC did that.
Cyberpunk or RDR2. Like you didn’t see them entering a clothing store and buy shit right? It just didn’t happen.

Unfortunatey this shit might lead to moral backlash from the media. Bad press. etc. but it would be cool though.

But when i look at this lady, i feel kind of sad what with all her cyberwares.

Dudes trying to recreate game storytelling so he can simp over a waitress in Cyberpunk

4 Likes

skyrim theme music

1 Like

better than the real world!

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Because Rockstar bought up all the talent in the industry whereas CDRPR spent it all on fake marketing.

CDPR was saying that they had “individualized NPC’s with their own routines” and instead delivered a bunch of people standing at vending machines.

Your best bet is waiting for GTA6 or Star Citizen.

Right now NPC’s are standing broken on countertops and hovering in the air but give it 10 years. Star Citizen’s going to need another decade but 4.0 is soon and PERSISTENT ENTITY STREAMING is coming.

NPC’s are supposed to have some cloud generated AI routine skynet eventually because CIG gets a lot of experimental tech speculation money for bleeding edge gamedev whatever.

'member when CDPR said they had a gorrilion choices in the game and you could turn yourself into an adam smasher (and pick icons other than silverhand) and it would effect the game outcomes and youd have to manage cyberpsychosis and instead they just deleted everything and gave us a half finished mantis blade that they removed the parkour from

very cool prank

Brother, they never went into detail nor did they ever demonstrate it. They had one liners in their expressed features list. There was no deep dive.
There was no articles. It was never promised. They took out a page in a magazine and placed bullet points.
There was one line of them saying “yadada incredlbe AI” .
If you were fooled by that, you’d be fooled by anything.

Sorry Finess, for you to express high hopes for this when they announced it, i believe it was merely speculative for hype value. so unless you’re an AI yourself ( a pretty shity AI) and been fooled by a soundbite a good majority of intelligent people were just anticipating whatever it is when they got their hands on the game itself.

Then don’t express it as a feature of your game at all? Along with trains and subways and then come back months before release and delete it after aggressively advertising how revolutionary your game is. They sold the whole thing on “expansive lifepaths” and everyone got Streetkid campaign.

And mantis blade parkour wasn’t a one liner it was in their early footage, along with the turret hackerman role and the monowire back when they had whole different playstyles.
Along with all those E3 cutscenes they were voicing over saying everything was interactable and had seemless cutscenes and whatnot and the AI’s individually driving cars bla bla.

Openly lying about your game isn’t hype. You didn’t see Rockstar bullshitting about RDR2. If you can’t do something then don’t pretend you can and still shove your game out the door.

Star Citizen is allowed to fail because its a speculative alpha operating on new technology. Cyberpunk wasn’t.

um for your character not for NPC.

you need to back this up.and if it was like 30 seconds don’t bother.

You make this out like they did a TED talk. i dont believe one instance that they ever did.
Maybe they spouted this in consecutive one liners and great screenshots and it was compelling to you! Maybe they did their job!

I don’t think this was a case of Aliens Colonial Marines where they back tracked a whole legacy of engine features and decided…oh we wanted to play it on PS3…so everything looked like shit scenerio.

I guess you thought it was something different? I guess they openly lied about it. I guess they lied about the lie about them lying. BTW, whats up your craw about this game anyway?

so what is corpos? or netrunner and shit? Don’t tell me you still haven’t played the game? its all there Finess! Like it or not, your perspective is about 2 years behind the reality.

I know you mean well, but you got to get off your silly ass and start playing the game!

An irrelevant dialogue option that changes your 5 minute intro lmao.

We were promised Corpo, netrunner, nomad campaigns and everything got scrapped except Streetkid. Branched paths were affirmed 4 months before launch. No different than No Mans Sky claiming there was multiplayer just no one had found eachother.

Here you go.
“Gameplay.”

right out of the gate, do you not see the "work in progress " message?

WTF are you on dude?I see what you did, you took the first video you saw on the google search which was a work in progress video dated back like in 2020 this is what you got:

Seriously Finess, stop posting. Your intel is from pre-launch.

This is post launch:

You’re literally stuck on videos when bugs were detected. Then hotfixes came out. Then you even backtrack a year before. WTF is up with you?

You are literally going full:

Removing mantis blade climbing is progress? Or lying about the AI? Fake open world car chases? Buildings having more than one floor?
Devs should be banned from rendering fake ass gameplay footage at E3 for games that don’t exist.

No shit because the game was sold off a scam of a 48 min narrated demo full of features that don’t exist. The E3 footage.
Along with interviews saying there were joinable factions, jobs (total nonsense lies like being able to join Trauma team and this impacting your campaign).
They couldn’t even achieve what fallout was doing for years. You think target audience would’ve knowingly pre-ordered an unfinished railroaded loot shooter without the aggressive fake advertising?
I’m not even talking about the bugs and there are no bugs in the carefully rendered E3 footage above with all its fake features if you’d actually watch it.

And a build isn’t an Netrunner “RPG campaign with meaningful decisions.” You need to go play Divinity 2 and come back. He incaps the guy, jacks into his head, and goes into this entire fake networking sequence and its presented as real gameplay lmao eat shit

The AI not existing isn’t a bug. The scrapped features aren’t a bug. The devs just suck. Couldn’t even figure out how to get open world car chases working in their open world crime game when Rockstar has been doing it for YEARS.

you need meds.

I have some because I joined Trauma Team in my E3 version of the game with all of its promised features.

We have flying taxis too.

I don’t think I like my happy clown meat mascot.
I know you mr. psychology. I’m hit you good!