Drone tagging vs you tagging

So explain to me how a potential drone from the Predators film might help? Will it constantly fly around tagging things? Will you control it kind of like ASsassins creed?
And how long will it tag your FT members for?

One time use gear that flies around the whole make, spots targets like FT spotting pred, and it makes noise when spotting

FT can’t mark it but can shoot it down

Just my thoughts

How about its easy to kill but hard to spot lets say, you hear in skies but you cant rly notice it unless u all fire in sky and focus fire on it… also in case the fireteam is able to kill the drone right, the drone cooldown is longer, 120seconds or more… the way i see it how it would work is it sends a burst wave every 5 seconds or 10 to scan for them… so its generally not like spam use or one time use as i see it

Also it would be cloaked as predator but harder to notice due to being high in skies, the way it can be spotted tho, you can see the pulse being visible for a brief period, as u can see its lights

I assumed we be able to scan,find out what the team is using guns,gear ect

And mark them for a while and have a thermal mode to find and mark them and possibly like the disc where you can go throw someone doing massive damage becouse falconers drone clearly had two giant blades

I’d say it should :
A. be controllable like the smart disc,
B. display it’s own thermal vision so that you can navigate it,
C. lay audio decoys at any location it flys over -essentially an audio decoy at FT location.
D. fly it an infinite amount of time and has some good collision avoidance so that it doesnt get stuck in trees as that would be a terrible experience. Essentially it should just slip through branches and leaves.

And thats it.

I thought tagging players would be too much of a cheat and let’s say your FT are right around the corner, it should not stop a predator from loosing focus because this could be an advantage for the fire team to keep on going while the bird is going the other direction.

It should also make the sound and effects it does in the film, but should remain utterly invisible with some kind of heat trail like it does in the movie.

It would have to fly back much the same way as the bird in assassins creed, meaning you can exit out and it returns autonomously.

Thats how i see it, it shouldn’t be a quick win. Just another toy and can be an advantage or disadvantage if used carelessly.

I think games are much too fast pass for that

1 Like

Hmm see how i see it… smart disk is a different story right… you can quit it anytime but if u dont go for it they can break it, but the point here is… if it lets say has an cooldown and it comes back to you… it would take time to recharge right… but lets say its a good fireteam right or avg players with a brain… they can easily break it or even try to find a nerby hidding predator, if a predator spends too much time just spotting them it would just be predator loss honestly… think about it… all it can do is spot and follow while not inflincting damage…

So in anycase this would be a good thing for a good pred player but again this would be dumb to use in a small map and short objectives that are speedrunnable

I would like to see it as a piece of gear that has a cool down let’s says of about 2 minutes but is also active for around 1 minute a time. the drone would highlight players on the mini map to make them easier to track. Mudded players would not be visible to the drone as a counter

1 Like

yes but you’re basically saying that if you manage to have this bird spot the team, predator can basically go in for the kill. Have you ever played as FT member and the predator is kills you within 1 minute of the match? Its pure luck (which shouldn’t happen). But if it purposely shows you how close they are, he can choose to chase after them right away making for a minute long game ALL THE TIME that its used.

I know there is a lot of asshurt coming from the Predator camp, but i don’t think they’d find it very entertaining to find them, kill them before they even finish any objectives in the game.

If i recall they fixed the zerk rush a bit and balanced it out so you are able to parry and melt his health off… the only way i see pred being able to 1 min rush after using drone is if the fireteam is playing totally dumb and distancing, this is on the people man not on actual skill, a team that sticks together and helps each other is hard to win againts or challenging that is… and as i said if pred spends too much time on drone its his fault and i agree he should pay for his sins lmo

1 Like

but as i said im not a dev, i will leave it to them to actually balance it out with their stats from their servers they got from players

1 Like

I will say this tho…

Adding a recon drone for pred is gonna be a shot in blank now cause the maps are small af, easy to remember and crack where people are going, the objectives are a joke rn…

and would this be an exclusive for a particular you know who predator badass that isn’t on the roster yet or available to any pred…like katana?

1 Like

I easily play more FT than Pred mainly due to wait times I’m neither a Pred or FT main. You would definitely need a lengthy cool down as it would make the game way to easy for a Pred only a good Fireteam would stand a chance. Another idea would be a drone you pilot yourself that has the ability to tag a FT member once tagged you always know where that player is. This would open up new tactics you could kill that player as soon as possible or try to always leave that one and let him lead you to others. Again this would need a lengthy cooldown or be limited in uses.

2 Likes

However it works, I’m excited to try it out.