Earth Defense Force!

Or fight GODZILLA!

Just want a review what you guys think?

1 Like

Iron Rain and the western-made titles are soulless and take themselves too seriously.

EDF 5 is great though.

3 Likes

Iron rain wouldnt have been so bad if it wasnt so fucking SLOW.

5 is solid tho.

E D F

3 Likes

Makes me want Starship Troopers : The Game

What type of game is this 3rd person shooter?

Could be fun as long as it isn’t RTS

Never liked those types of games

Ya but with the mech suits since in the novel they already had them, not like the low budget film where we finally got to see them in the last movie…at the end…then wanna be halo suits in the 3D animations 🙄

Movie: image

Shitty Animations:

Anime 🤩: image

You’re basically playing the military in a really cheesy kaiju B-movie. Mission-based sandbox with destructible environments, swarms of bugs and giant robots.

Yea but is it RTS or 3rd person?

3rd person

1 Like

Pvp?

Nope hundreds of weapon and vehicle upgrades and infinitely scaling armor thats impossible to max out. On harder difficulties its probably one of the hardest co-op games out there.

Theres also this really weird learning curve on some classes like fencer thats trash if you dont know what you’re doing but it can boost around animation-cancelling like its an armored core game at endgame. Devs have decided lightspeed fencer is a feature and not a bug lel.

2 Likes

I’ll have to see more before I can decide if I want to play it

You do. I usually hate pve games but stuff like EDF, monster hunter world, and lost planet 2 are perfection.
If you’re gonna make a co-op game it should be dynamic grapple hooking ragdoll japanese madness.

Honestly the only thing this franchise is missing at this point is a megazord

1 Like

I almost bought this game for my kid , from anything I seen it actually looks like a fun game for any kaiju fan

2 Likes

Edf 5 is fun as hell

3 Likes

I have never played any , when I showed my son he was too distracted , they look fun

2 Likes

Just go straight into EDF 5. Its basically 4 but with a lot of quality of life fixes and the new item leveling system.

Vehicles can be clunky until you get to the level 50 stuff then once you go up to higher difficulties it turns into an explosion sandbox.

3 Likes

I still hate how they fucked WD from 2025.
So much bullshit in 4.1 that didnt need to be changed, and 5 just fucked WD.

The charge mechanic for Lances is bulllshit.

WD got air dodge which is huge, but yeah damage got a hit all around until you get the lategame stuff and she goes back to being one of the strongest classes in the game.
Dragoon lances are great but we’re talking at like lv90 lol.

EDF6 just needs to show more love for early game. Vehicle handling especially helicopters are way too dependent on level.

Ya that’s always an issue, but its just such a pain having to fly and hold attack button.

And then you lose the charge if you dodge.

Plus, her energy consumption is way too fucking high.
No weapons to land and catch your breath really.

Idk 2025 is still my fav.

In 5 tho A.R. is sexy