ENDLESS matchmaking

I just wanted to play as predator. I waited 10 (!!!) minutes. No match founded. What is it? Maybe Illfonic can make more servers? Because it is imposibble to play this game.

2 Likes

10 minutes is quite normal these days, I think, taken the new Elder Predator release into consideration.
Right after the Dutch DLC the wait was down to about 5 minutes as many wanted to try him out.
There are roughly 500k who bought this game for PlayStation. For the player base to be perfectly weighted IF all players were online at the same time (which they are not) it would mean 400k players queuing as Fire Team and 100k queing as Predator.
As there is always a need for Fire Team players, and the wait is 30 seconds, you can image how it affects the wait when the majority of players want to play as the Predator.
The wait for playing is not going to get any shorter with the next DLC coming up.
Of course the wait could get shorter if the matchmaking process was shorter as well, sometimes I have the “Connecting” status loading for ages, but in general I would not expect waiting time to get shorter, unless Illfonic provides more fun content for the Fire Team.

1 Like

I’ve waited 20-30 on average 🤷‍♀️ East coast US here

Wow… Out of curiosity are you on Playstation as well? I have the idea that ppl on PC wait longer than ppl on PS.

Yes I’m on PlayStation

When I looked at Gamestats I thought that as the majority of the player base is in the US your wait times on PS could be shorter than in the European time zone - “myth busted” I guess.
20-30 min, fu***** hell !!!

Yeah it’s been bad. Just to be clear this is for Predator. Estimated will be 5-7 but it’ll go to 9 or 10. Then I cancel and restart. This happens 2-3 times before I get a match.

Reason might be too few people queuing for fireteam, many playing other games already. Seems like the last of us 2 is where the whole gaming community is centered now.

It might be the Elder Predator as well. Also after a 1-2 minutes I usually reset my queue. Thanks to disconnects though sometimes I get in in less than the estimated time lol.
I usually play FT during the week because if I’m lucky I only get 2 hours of game time and you can get 2-3 times the amount of games compared to playing as predator.

Cool, it was also Predator I was thinking. Those estimated wait times are completely off. In my experience I will get a “cooldown” or empty lobby when the wait is longer tham 10-12 minutes. In those cases I Cancel and requeue.

I recently started playing predator and I was having 3 min wait times the other night lol

I was dealing with the learning curve that I’ve been avoiding ( lol ) but I had my 87 predator skin so it served as a nice insentive

I even got my 1st 4 man down and claimed all of the skulls ( I took a screen shot because even though I knew that ft was total shit…I still got all 4 of those buggers )

But yeah I was kinda loving ( in a surprised way ) the 3 min waiting times ?

they can’t wait longer. there’s crossplay.