Everybody take a deep breath...

The forum is descending into anarchy at the moment. Let’s looks at the facts first:

We got a new mode, this is good.
We got a new map, this is really good.
Alot, and I mean alot, of changes were done for balancing on both sides. Buffs, nerfs and improvements all round that we’ve been asking for have arrived. This is super awesome (smiles at Samurai Class!).

Now, some of us are ambivalent about the new mode. It’s not for me, but I can see the appeal of it. Others are really happy, and I’m happy for them especially if it draws in new players to the game. Then there are those that are unhappy with the new mode, and I totally understand why…

BUT

The disgusting behaviour and attitudes being thrown at people especially the Devs is unwarranted. And yes, I’m guilty of shit talking them in the past for things but what I’m seeing is a lot of people throwing tantrums because they didn’t get EXACTLY what they imagined or expected. Neither did I, but what they gave us is still great stuff and for that I am grateful.

If someone hates the new mode, fine. But that doesn’t give them a green light to start being insulting and derogatory towards other forum members that do like it. Remember, we are a community please and while we often agree on things we will inevitably disagree on others but overall we are here because we love Predator right??

And some of you are acting like this is IT and that there isn’t anything else coming soon. We know there’s a Gauntlet mode on its way, be patient.

TL;DR Be nice to each other, be patient, be grateful.

VENN7eance.

28 Likes

If it’s different then hunt then I’m down for it, I just wanted something that played differently from hunt and here it is

1 Like

Indeed, i think we should all give this game a year before we start seeing progress as off playerbase and cool variation in modes

1 Like

The issue I have is we still have the same issues. Getting stuck and bounced around. Randomly can’t throw a trap on top of a stationary FT player. Ridiculous melee tracking where I wind up facing away from the guy. Camping galore in the new map. I don’t hate the new mode by any means but I don’t love it. It’s so…underwhelming. It’s multiple steps away from Predator and closer to COD. That’s not why I bought this game 🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

“Get a room party boys” - The Simpsons, when it was good.

I played it, felt like GTA in the jungle with Predator but it was fun and different. But it’s not why I bought the game or why I load this game up everyday for hours.

I’ll be focusing on Hunt, and enjoying the changes they’ve made. It’s certainly going to spice things up and shake up alot of the meta squads.

The new map is FUCKING GORGEOUS!! Perfect for any Pred main, the cave system is a death trap that will take practise navigating and exploiting as Predator.

Initially I wasn’t impressed, but having digested the patch notes and played for a few hours I’m really impressed with the changes and happy with the update, and they get my appreciation.

1 Like

Yeah I think the good outweighs the bad. It’s better than yesterday

2 Likes

new map… chasing pred on those huge cliffs is near impossible and the map is new but give it time before it becomes like the others.

At least we got the map on hunt and they didn’t make it clash exclusive or that would’ve been a big oopsie

No more getting melted during second wind heals, that’s for sure 😏

3 Likes

Yes, this was well appreciated. I just hope it has a high frequency rate when playing public matches.

You’re right, they should make it
New map: 30%
Overgrowth: 20%
Derailed: 20%
Backwater: 0%
Nah but in a fr note, I do agree. Should be like dead by daylight where a new map comes out that it has a higher chance to get the new map for a week until it’s complete rng for them all

1 Like

And why is it unwarranted to shame devs? I paid my money for this game and I want to see good quality content. And I didn’t see really great content in last few months. And then they promised a new map and a new great game mode! But as a result we got dead trash. You think somebody will play it more than 2-3 weeks? Chaos gamemode where some random guy becomes predator and feeds enemy PC player. Nobody cares that you have highest score in a match, but some random PS4 guy will become predator and just dies in next 2-3 minutes. Wooow, so interesting to play! And also somebody can easy leave from a match because he’s potato and he won’t be punished. But I still will lose. Great gameplay, yeah.

Yes, that was really funny to play first 3-4 games. But than you realise that it’s just random bull sh…thing. Bad balance, bad mechanic, bad idea - this is just a mode without sense.Probably it’s good to dilute the atmosphere but will be this game still alive until next BIG update with mode or map?

Eventually we still have same normal gamemode(hunt), which we’ve played all 5 months, a lot of useless shaders, one dead gamemode without sense and one new map(and this is the only plus in this update). Oh, and half a year of waiting until another gamemode will be released(it would be miracle if they release it next month or two)

So, why should be be patient? Why shouldn’t I blame on them? They are killing great concept just because they are incompetent. So you think I should just sit and watching? The 2v8/3v12 was the greates idea on this forum but devs decided put in trash can…And again this game will lose a lot of its fanbase just because of bad devs. I bought this game to hunt some humans or to feel like a prey, but not to play COD

Sad(

Holds up the stereo and plays We are the World

There’s airing your grievances, and then there’s straight insults and attacks. Nearly every new topic was flooded with vile vitriol, and that’s not warranted especially when it’s all subjective.

Remember, this is illfonics game. Not ours. We paid to enjoy their product, we aren’t giving them money under some contract that they deliver our every request and demand. This is, and always was, their vision.

There’s two more modes yet to come, we haven’t even seen those yet and people are acting like this is the end of the world and the game. All within a few hours of the update…people just need to chill. Go back through the threads, it’s pretty ugly to read.

Worst part is people attacking each other because someone liked the new mode. As if their experiences don’t matter. While you and I might not enjoy the new mode and feel we didn’t get content as promised, there are many other people who are actually loving the new mode and that the update delivered for them. Who are we to deny them their enjoyment and satisfaction? Overall, I’d say it’s a 60/40 split of people who don’t like it and those who do. And overall, this update was a success for illfonic regardless of the sentiments of most of the forum.

And this is just another free update like all of the previous ones. Predator mains have received alot of good changes when you actually test them out. You might think Alpha Predator got nerfed, but actually it’s been improved to where it’s likely to become the new meta. I encountered alot of Samurai Predators last night playing as FT, and they are noticeably stronger.

My point for the topic was basically saying enough has been said and enough topics created cursing out the Devs and each other, let’s just take a breath and take some time to cool down, come back tomorrow after we’ve slept and be more civil to each other.

7 Likes

👌🏼💯 (I’ve ran out of Likes so I’ll comment instead)

1 Like

Any proofs of 2 new game modes? Just asking

Can’t say I’m thrilled with the new mode personally, BUT the balance seems waaaaay more even in hunt now and we got a new map so…I’m actually pretty damn happy with this update to be honest.

@VENN7eance

Dito, dito, dito - well said! I just played some games yet, but I did not find anything annoying yet. That is good news. And all those who does not like the new mode: feel free to ignore it. Nothing has been taken from you yet…

3 Likes

I am loving the positive attitudes here. I hate seeing all of the toxic negativity on this forum. I love this game despite the issues that it has but Illfonic is definitely doing their best to fix them.

Now when it comes to the new game mode, I find it to be quite fun. It’s not what I would say that I wanted to be included in the game but it is exciting and entertaining so I’m not really complaining. Unfortunately you can’t make everyone happy so the toxicity comes out on the forum. If you are that unhappy with the game, then stop playing it or stick to Hunt and hope that other new game modes will be your cup of tea. I am sure there are enough people out there that enjoy this game to keep it going.

3 Likes