Explaining the current balance in this game to gf rn. (Come talk to lazys gf about balance)

1 Like

Thats only the tip of the spear though. Theres a whole plethora of design decisions in this game that all add up to the clusterfuck we have now.

Like they broke you to love shaders?

1 Like

and Buff the Dutch!

1 Like

Yes. They’re good at breaking people 💀

2 Likes

remember remember the 5th of “Buff the Dutch”

Just saying, the game is not inteded for solo. Im not offended by someone elses opinion

Ok no problem

I get that its meant for teamwork. And it should be. But it can be teamwork based and not alienate solo players. Which make up the majority of the playerbase.

Edit

And this game needs all the players it can get. It needs lots of support. But that wont happen until its more satisfying or fun for everyone to play. Not saying we should make the game easy mode. Just saying. Personal skill should be a bigger role than relying on randos.

Kabe, chill. Hes right. Its not for everyone. But right now its barely for anyone. Hes all good.

👍

Ily tho <3

1 Like

I sorry but I don’t feel like reading to catch up on the conversation right this second. The part above I was reading, was about balance.

Here’s what I think would help. Two points.

First point - Pred’s need a secret ranking system that tracks wins and downs.

Second point - The difference between pre-mades and randoms is to large a gap, so Preds with a lower rating will fight more randoms (possible even whether they are on coms or not) and as your rank increases you’ll be paired against more pre-mades.

Whether this is possible or not is above my pay grade but I don’t see many other options.

Tbh the matchmaking is already struggling to keep up with the pred-ft ratio as is. While sbmm would be nice, I feel it would only increase queue times significantly. Or not work at all

Or just add rematch option

As matchmaking goes, it does need drastically improving. There a few ways of solving this, the first is simply matching people by W:L ratio, the second is more in-depth and would most likely be better for how the game state is right now.

Instead of queue times, have instead lobby’s set up by players where it would have brief messages such as “premises only” or “new players only” etc. That way people can join the lobby directly or queue under a certain phrase, most lobbies would be set up accordingly by players, after reaching a number of matches it would remove the beginners only option to allow for the skill gap, then there would be other options for casual and competitive games etc.

Just an idea, take it with a grain of salt.

I don’t disagree, but you’re unlikely to solve skill based balance problems with mechanic changes. Skill is part of the balance equation and without accounting for it you can’t find the balance.

I think a separate mode could get away with having a ranking system, it doesn’t have to be mechanically different from Hunt. It can be the same mode but have further modifiers added to the match as wins are achieved on either side. I would change the lobby in the regular Hunt mode to allow re-ups but have the ranked Hunt force you to find a new match every time. Giving regular hunt mode the option to re-up would result in longer ques but he ranked mode might end up with comparable ones to what we have now. Pre-mades auto load into Ranked Hunt.

(I’d add some system that would allow Pre-mades to re-challenge a Predator in the Ranked, but limit them to stop farming rank. Think challenge coins or something.)

In other games id agree. But this game is so mechanically flawed that the impact it has is definitely gonna be felt when fixed. And most of the skill in this game thus far, is more about having friends, or knowing the best loadout to run. So when tightened down the question of skill is gonna become far more stretched out, instead of the cliff it feels like now.

Watch UFC heavyweight fights, also featherweight, and you will get your answer. :D
Or compare sumo wrestler with Kenyan marathon runner.

Lol. Im not speaking from a realistic standpoint. Im talking about a gameplay design standpoint.