Finally got a PS5

So I finally got my hands on a ps5 and I’ve been checking the graphics options for each game as you do.

I had no idea predator hg had a frame rate cap option so I turned it off and BOOM. What a difference. It’s soooo smooth. So much nicer to play too.

Was this option added recently or specifically for the ps5?

I love this game and now it’s even better. Very happy.

I have a PS4 Pro and was able to turn off the cap option. No idea if the standard PS4 has the ability to do so.

1 Like

Base PS4 does not last I checked. Only PS4 pro and PS5.

As for OP asking if this was recent, I think it was updated to uncapped frame rate in January or February, not 100% sure though

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the club!

Don’t forget to adjust your settings on the ps5 it’s self to play at a higher fps!

1 Like

How the fuck did you get one

Indeed.
Here in Portugal they sell out on the same minute they’re available online.

My brother in law started a job in game in the UK, Nuff said 😉

1 Like

I’ve left it in auto as I’m changing the options in the games themselves. Is it still worth changing it on the ps5?

1 Like

Oh yeah! You should play around with it till you find the settings u like

Also disable 3D audio in the console settings. It helps prevent the “audio bug” on console where you either lose all sound or only half the sounds come through and it sounds like you in the cave on excavation

1 Like

You run in performance mode? I’m on auto.

Interesting, Thanks for that I will give it a try. Games have been running and looking amazing in fairness.

Predator hg needed this though. I only had the base ps4 so I’ve never seen this game run so smooth. Changes the experience completely

1 Like

Actual pain for me. I play with Base Ps4 and even I still dunno how I win my matches against 4pros, 5’s, and PCs.

1 Like

Yeah! I run on performance mode!

It’s probably why I donr get the shudder pred that other ps5 players are complaining about either that or my monitor has something to do with it

1 Like

So will forcing performance mode on the console make all games run above their 30fps cap?

1 Like

No

So just the games that have the two options for performance or graphic enhancements.

Miles morales has 3 options which is nice. They should all do this going forward.

1 Like

Spider-Man is a Ps5 game tho aure it has a ps4 port but they not rhe same game

Welcome to the club brother 😎

2 Likes

Congrats! You’ve now been upgraded to Potato 2.0!

2 Likes