Fireteam DLC and Dubious Preds

If the Dutch and Isabella Fireteam DLC are no longer licenced, then I guess it’ll have to be up to Illfonic to renegotiate, or in some way re-introduce new character designs and buffs for the fireteam (variants on the 2025/87/Isabella character models).

It would be good to establish if new Fireteam content is planned, because tbh what other predator DLC do people actually want?

They’ve raided all the films, including Prey. The next film, Badlands isn’t out until 2025. They will really be reaching into the bottom drawer for recognisable Predators. I mean, we have a Samurai, Viking, Amazonian predator, which is cool and all, but that’s really stretching the predator mythology into exploitative territory.

The Assassin (upgrade predator) from ‘The Predator’ will probably be game-breakingly big and incompatible.
We’ve already got an Elder and Wolf, so maybe Ahab next?

Fireteam DLC is a really easy win for Illfonic, because it creates hype and demand for the ‘other half’ of the game

The Developer chat was a bunch of guys having fun playing as Fireteam members, so maybe show the Fireteam some love?

They have already stated on a prior stream that they genuinely have no interest in making FT DLC because of one simple reason. It doesn’t turn a profit. They won’t be doing any more FT stuff for the next year at bare minimum simply because they have no financial incentive to do so & they honestly believe that FT has enough toys to play with as is.

Which stream was this?!

which, to be fair, is true. FT doesn’t need more weapons, gear or classes. what’s in there is more than enough.

I’d love more customization though. Like masks and accessories and shit. Shouldn’t be much of a problem since most of those assets cost pennies on the Unreal Engine Store. They could even bring assets they already own from their other games, like they did with GBSU that they have a clown mask from KKFOS

1 Like

Not the Stream we just had, the stream before it. Was like a couple days after Xbox Launch IIRC. VOD should be up on their Youtube, they don’t keep them on Twitch for some reason.

Yeah I’d have to agree. FT really doesn’t need anything new but that in of itself is the problem. FT doesn’t need anything because FT has all the tools they need to dominate as is. 90% of the weapon roster is pointless because people will only ever use the SAWZ, Hammerhead, 1011-12 or maybe an SMG at high level play.

If FT started to be balanced, I’d be down for them to get more guns. Personally I’d love the M1 Garand & Thompson Submachinegun but those are just personal preference and its not at all what should be focused on right now. The game doesn’t need more content, it needs bug fixes & balancing.

I mean if they wont add more licensed movie characters at least some comic characters? Idk how that would work tho cus disney predator comics were ass so would only be worth it if they go for dark horse characters, but like i said not sure how that would go cus disney owns it but dark horse owns thier comics? Just a thought

Comics appear to be a no-go sadly. They mentioned that they’re allowed to work with the film crews very closely, hell they told us they got to see Feral over a Year before the public, so they’ve 100% seen and started work on the Badlands Predator, but they also said something along the lines of Comic Rights are very hard to work with right now in the AVP Galaxy interview.

1 Like

Well then either come out with new ones or leave it be cus yea the disney comic ones were straight ass