Fireteam instantly seeing/spotting. glitch/bug/exploit?

Hi idk what bs I just walked into but any verbal or written claim against someones actions (not based on hard evidence) is an accusation. An accusation is a suspicion but a suspicion is not always an accusation.

However I don’t have the patience to explain basic social concepts to you. If you don’t understand that basic shit then it’s not worth my time arguing with a brick wall.

So you can never communicate a suspicion without it being an accusation?

to all who have posted since i first started the thread, i will try to answer some questions.

1. When i had first been “spotted”, I had not been out in the open for them to even spot me, I approached them from the opposite side of the compound that they were entering, and then crouched stealthed behind a tree on the outskirts of the compound. I was “spotted” through the tree while the fireteam was all on the opposite side of the compound, which is when they rushed me and lit me up.

2. they did this to me again on the hilltop, i left the area to make sure the “spotting” vanished, i healed up, then i slowly made me way back. this was give/take 30-40 sec of time. spotting does not last that long. they were under an overhang of the hillside, but started spotting me while i was in a divet up top, that little hole area where the rock cliff and top of the hill meet.
    I could not see them regularly with 3rd person camera trying to peek the camera over the ledge without moving, but i was getting spotted nonstop and hit with grenades.

3. i do not have footage of the incident, i had stopped streaming prior to trying a predator match so all that is available were my fireteam matches, which do nothing to give evidence to this.

4. i’m not accusing, i’m asking if anyone else has experienced stuff like this, because it seemed very odd to me.

5. i honestly have no idea on the mask off/bow issue. as soon as my mask was knocked off, i could not equip my bow, i could not equip my shoulder cannon (when i tried to, the shoulder cannon model floated in the air and separated from my character model), i had a combistick in my setup that i could not find or equip in the weapon wheel (oddly enough, there were 2 shoulder cannons in my weapon wheel). the ONLY thing i could use was my standard wrist blades.

needless to say, the fireteam escaped and i narrowly avoided being dropped by them.

i never said anything about being red outlined. i understand the spotting mechanics, the timers for spotting, etc.

what i was asking was, how was i being spotted while being crouch stealthed behind large cover, such as trees, hills etc that would not allow a FT to see me directly to be able to spot. i wasn’t spotted before getting into these positions.

another mention, i was crouched in bushes, stleathed again, on the perimeter of a compound, outside of the fences. one of the FT came running out of the compound, immediately turned to me (sitting unmoving in the jungle with cloak on crouched) and set off on me, forcing me to retreat as i wasn’t playing a tanky predator class.

absolutely no way they should have been able to see me at those specific times. i wasn’t running, moving or even standing, for them to be able to spot me through physical objects.

that is my query.

i completely get what you’re saying, however, this was not that kind of case. all 4 players were running around on the ground in the compound, and into the 1 of the buildings (must have been their objective). there was no overwatch whatsoever. besides, overwatch can’t look through terrain either (like through a hill, or through a tree to see me cloak crouched behind it, unless they were at a much different angle, which the whole fireteam was sticking close together and in no places of height/view advantage).

in no way is this post directed at anyone that plays in your style. those are valuable and strategic tactics.

i wish i had kept streaming a little longer JUST for people like you that demand proof and deny anyone’s claim as unbelievable.
unfortunately, it was late and i didn’t want my viewers to have to sit through an extended matchmaking wait to play as the predator, so i did it in my offtime.
after what i came across, i really wish i had kept going just to show you the problems i was facing and get some clarification on wtf was going on.

There were only 3 FT in that group and one was mudded up on a cliff you didn’t know he could climb up by jumping on some bricks. Case closed friend :)

i’m not here to start fights, so guys please don’t argue. like every game, hacks and cheats and exploits exist. they get fixed and countered and new ones pop up in their place. i’m not arguing on whether or not they exist, because every game has them at some level.

i was just curious if anyone else had encountered people spotting them from damn near impossible positions, like through terrain.

as for the bow not being usable after the mask came off, i don’t believe that had anything to do with hacks or cheat or exploits or anything. i feel like that was just a game glitch i somehow came across.
what further makes me believe that, is that in my weapon wheel after the mask came off, i had bow (middle left), shoulder cannon (top left), claws (top right), shoulder cannon again (middle right), heal kits (bottom left), audio traps (bottom middle) and motion detectors (bottom right).

previous to mask coming off, i had a combistick on my weapon wheel, that somehow became a 2nd shoulder cannon.

i could not choose weapons, and could only slash with claws.
i tried the 2nd shoulder cannon (as i tried to put an outhouse between myself and the FT for a moment) and the it just created a model of the shoulder cannon that was not attached to my character (my shoulder cannon originally on my character was still attached).

this i’m positive is some sort of glitch or bug and had nothing to do with the FT.

the only part about the FT is the constant spotting through terrain. i don’t know who in the FT was spotting, i just know in postgame there was 1 pc and 3 ps4 players, and none of them would talk at any point about what was going on.

i’m not gonna call out any names or anything, i just wanted to know if others had experienced any issues with FT random spotting.

keep it civil guys.

not even close, all 4 were on the ground, both in regular vision and heat vision. i was watching them from a height advantage with that extra vision from 3rd person field of view.

You said you couldn’t see them but.

when they were in town, i could see them by using the field of view from third person, but if looking straight on, i wouldn’t be able to directly see them.

on the hilltop, they were underneath the ledge, dodging in and out to throw grenades up (3 throwing nades and 1 using a grenade launcher). i could see them by positioning the third person camera, as they ran in and out from under the ledge, 4 distinct cosmetics/classes.

as for the weapon wheel issue, it seems i’m not alone and there is a bug with the secondary weapon choice in a loadout.
so i will try the advice there of deleting a file to see if that fixes it.

why do pc FT members have such an advantage. I was just chased down by one pc player through the whole map. He knew where i was at all times. Even when i ran across the map in random directions he still was able to come behind me and shoot me. Are they just that good or do some of the pc players have aimbots?

Wouldnt doubt that alot of PC players are using some kind of hack / exploit / glitch. I just finished up a match where the same thing happened. Match started, I was off away from where Pred starts and where FT would be heading for the 2nd part of the mission. Was probably 30 seconds into the match when I get spotted suddenly, nothing around me on thermal vision (perk with footsteps was selected), still played it safe and lept off away from the spot then moved a little further away crouched to lessen noise and lept a few times away further to get my bearings. Next thing I know while crouched at the edge of the map between a tree and cliff I get spotted and lite the hell up from Gods know where and even as the Beserker was into 2nd wind almost instantly with a broken face mask.

correct, once you communicate your belief that some one has done something, you are now accusing them.
I know the English language can be difficult but I got the impression that you are a native speaker.

It’s why there’s things could courts, some one suspected of a crime will eventually be accused of the crime (when the person suspecting tells others). Then it is up to the person making the accusation to prove that the crime actually took place. If being accused of something meant they were automatically guilty then there would be no need for courts and justice of any form would not exist.

I accuse you of not knowing what you are arguing about.

Does that make it automatically true? (despite the ample evidence you have supplied to support the statement).

and yet, my title is “bug/glitch/exploit” and not hacker.

i was asking if there was a way this could be happening due to game problems, or is it a case of something more nefarious? and by the sounds of what others have been saying in this thread, there does seem to be at least limited use of questionable gameplay.

just because you haven’t personally experienced it, doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened to others.
i’ve also read other threads since posting this, where others talk about things such as this.

let’s be honest here, no game is perfect, there will always be players that abuse glitches, just like there will always be players that use hacks. especially in competitive games.

i just hope things like this get addressed, because if this becomes rampant, the game will stutter and die, and i really hope that won’t be the case, because the game has a lot of potential going forward.

I was responding to someone that claimed that it was hack based. (hence the reply icon to the top right of my post).
It’s been a long conversation.

I do apologise that our debate took your thread in an unintended direction.

ah, gotcha. new to this particular forum and got a notification that you were replying to me, i thought directly. my bad on that one.

it happens. i want this game to do well, and if others are experiencing this, the best way for the team to figure out what it is and work on stopping it is by us all sharing our experiences with what happens.

agreed, and video every match.
If you have video evidence to supply the devs it makes it a lot easier for them to see and address issues.
Delete the vids if nothing happens but at least if you video all you will be able to supply evidence.