Forcefield for the Predator. There! I said it!

So for anyone who has been playing this game since it came out, you must have noticed that it started quite differently,
been something closer to the 1st original movie
and with the introduction of Dutch Shafer (Senior) and the OWLF,
it turned into an all out war between humans and Predators.

It’s kind of strange that humanity would have back-engineered Predator technology and have improved their fighting capability,
while the Predators keep using the same old methods and weapons.

Especially against a well coordinated FT most predator players don’t stand a chance in this game and it is just about surviving the encounter.

One thing that could be added to the game (and I think won’t break the current balance)
is a really short-lived forcefield that depleates energy reserves extremely fast,
with the purpose of staying behind cover while the FT tries to flush you out by throwing grenades.

So it could be used mainly to avoid being flushed out, or even to block snipper shots for a couple of seconds while leaping away.

If the later is too game-breaking, then there could be a condition that demands that the player is not moving while using the forcefield and this way it can be used for the original intent, which is to counter the attempts of getting flushed out.

A bulletproof exoskeleton, that only appears when convenient, now thats clever 👍🏻

It is basically exchanging energy reserves for life points.
And it’s going to be something that will last at maximum 3 seconds after which your energy reserves are depleted and you are forced to go out of cloak, so its not even close to be OP if that’s what you re implying.

Its just a new weapon / method to add to the pred’s arsenal, which I find ridiculously limited, compared to all the gadgets the FT has been getting over the updates.

Tbh we’ve always been getting the vibe that as soon as we take their stuff and reverse engineer it, it’s a wrap because they’re technologically stagnanted one way or the other. Not like cloak does much once you know what you’re up against and just snipe the pred with your own infrared as hes walking out his ship that your sattelite detected but I digress. All their weaponry is extremely gimmicky or energy dependent, Cloak is compromised by a puddle of water.

Gene modification and crap aside, probably why they care so much about getting their stuff looted to begin with.
Stargazer/OWLF killed enough preds that they don’t care about the bodies anymore or the same tech they’ve seen over and over. which says something since they can make literal super soldier serum out of their blood apparently.

Isabelle getting her own pred ship to fly around and no one coming for it is definitely not helping their case

tl;dr fireteam hunting grounds

images (19)

Predators don’t have shields. This is probably the shittiest idea of the century. A predator with shields. HA

download (6)