FPS drop from thermal curtain

There is a new problem since Isabelle patch. The orange cloud of a heat grenade in the Predator vision mode began to cause a strong drop in the frame rate to 15-20fps while it is in the field of view. The picture starts freezing until I turn the camera away or swinch off my vision. So for me the anti-vision grenade really becomes an anti-vision. There was no such thing before that patch.

How to reproduce the issue:
We turn on the vision for the Predator.
The Marine throws a heat grenade.
We look at the heat cloud.
Friezes are 100% of the time for me.

My pc:
i5 7600
1060 6gb
16 ram

Settings:
Shadows, distance - high
Effects - epic
The rest - cinematic

Frame rate per game: 50-60

I would also like to note that the explosion of an EMP grenade when I playing as FT (but no as Pred) causes a short frame rate drop. This only happens in a multiplayer match, I tested in custom one and there are no drops. Moreover, a decrease in the quality of effects doesn’t affect the situation.

P.S.
Well, I found out that the rate drops due to any yellow object. And the larger the object, the more it drops FPS. Even the yellow stripes of the vision switch have an impact.

My effects quality here is low.

P.P.S.
The drop is due to cinematic quality post-processing. Epic quality - 50fps, cinematic - 10. Again, before the patch everything worked fine.

1 Like

Turn down effects from epic to a lower setting

I tried this of course. This is written in the post.

Maybe upgrade your ram

Recommended is 16G

Nevermind I read that wrong

If turning all the settings down doesn’t help I’m afraid I dont know what else to suggest besides upgrading your processor

Thanks! You gave me the right idea. The drop is due to cinematic quality post-processing. On epic it’s 50fps again. Still, I think it’s about the game. Before the patch everything was fine on cinematic.

1 Like

Turn everything down to low, but leave shadows and distance at medium so the game looks decent. You can turn antialiasing to high for smoothness but up to you.

Also, make sure your global settings are properly set.

You can cap your fps at 60 if you want so they’re not all over the place and remain as constant as possible.

Do not turn on fxaa, antialiasing set to high looks better than medium, but epic and cinematic won’t make a difference on AA.

For good fps and good image your settings should be like the following:

Shadows and distance = medium
AA = high
The rest = low

FXAA off

The processor is fine, this game is not too cpu heavy, plus the 1060 is not pushing too many fps so the cpu is fine in this case.

His settings are all wrong.

This is a shooter, not a single player rpg. You don’t need the image looking its best by maxing out graphics.

In AC Valhalla I get steady 90fps at max settings and it looks so beautiful like out of a fairy tale. But in this poorly optimized game even in high settings I can’t get 90fps steady, they jump from 60 to 150 it’s total bs.

1 Like

I have i7 8750h, 16GB, GTX 1050 Ti in a laptop.

The only way for me to have 60 fps like 80% of the time is to set everything on low.

If I bump shadows to medium, my FPS tanks.

But for example I ran RE: Village on medium/high settings and in my 20-30 minutes of gameplay I never saw FPS going below 50.

That’s how much this game is unoptimized.
Excavation is the worst when it comes to random fps drops.

🥔

1 Like