FPS drop on Excavation

This neglected thing has received no optimization since its release. If anything, it’s only gotten worse with each new map release. No changes in GPU or CPU utilization either. Just poor performance across the board.

1 Like

Id gladly help if you could tell me more what you need for this bug. I could capture games of this bug for example. But i can best help if you tell me what you need from me to best help QA

1 Like

Give this man ⬆️ a medal

I turned the Framerate cap back on last night and the issue was barely noticeable.

Try it.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, but Itried, and it might have gone worse.

I’ll try it again in a lil while. Could have just been a coincidence

1 Like

Try using Thermal on Excavation when that starts happening. Game temporarily freezes and next thing you know you’re dead

1 Like

I had the same drops on my PC (i5 7600, 1060) from looking at the sun’s rays until I lowered the post-processing from cinematic to medium.

Just don’t look at the sun :)))

Wait, I remember I had the same drop in this same location. Especially when is a lot going on in THIS specific Area.

Usually happens when there were a lot of things going on, like Shootings, Plasmas, grenades, enemy NPCs, predator, players, AI.

This is a clear sign the builds are clearly not stress tested when it comes effects and events happening in some places across all maps, all happening in the same time. Across different platforms and mix of them.

1 Like