Frame Drops

Platform: Ps4
Host: No
Side: Fireteam
Ping: 200
Map: Excavation/Day

Description:
getting huge frame drops that only seem to happen when there is alot happening like during plasma spams and high AI activity

2 Likes

Yes, I reported this days ago. More than once. It happens A LOT, I provided video as proof, but still no hotfix for this.

1 Like

This started today for me, haven’t seen any update etc, i’ve tested other games and PHG is the only one behaving like this so it’s not caused by my PC.
What’s happening in the videoclip if you can’t notice is that the game seem to be freezing for a fraction of a second all the time, as if the FPS drops rapidly and then going up again.

PC
Epic Games + Steam
Tested in Private Matches alone for lowest ping possible, it even takes much longer to get the game going. Very long loading screens, probably 10 times as long if not more.

2 Likes

I also got Framerate Drops on PC.
But not like Dexter, it is more that my Framerates drop horribly low on certain parts of the maps, for example the Stargazer Base in Headquarters.
I usually run around 40-50 fps with my Laptop, but on these occasions they drop to less than 10, making the game hardly playable at the moment.
Since it is so reproducible for me, I guess the Devs messed up something with the maps.

1 Like

Yup, Excavation, looking at sun causes hardware spikes

Headquarters stargazer bases and temple cause massive hardware spikes, like 80% GPU usage on low settings with GTX 2060

Kinda ok in privates if your host which is the environment probably most commonly tested by QA, Coder, Env Artist but even worse on servers or when youre not host

1 Like