FT Mission Discussion

The AI is terrible but I think that it’s on purpose, it makes things chaotic at times leaving predators an opportunity to add to your pain with the AI

Glad to see some creativity, I dont mean to sound like I’m trashing the whole thing when I applaud good use of creativity like this.

Almost forgot about this thread, I’ve been busy. If there were mechanics for the solo escape, what do you propose they would be?

Is such a mechanic even possible if the predator takes Observant?

Would rather they give the last guy limited use crowd control traps (map based? Pitfalls? Napalm? Interactable mines/drone strikes/crossmap decoys that have to be retrieved first via optional objectives?) Set up a defensive showdown type thing rather than hide & seeking to a hatch like its dead by daylight imo. It’s just more in line with the movies & keeps it high-action rather than the last guy running away to exfil. And i’d prefer that over encouraging players to leave their team to die breaking line of sight for solo clutch nonsense.

Ideally forces pred to play around the last guy remaining otherwise he gets C4’d or roped into a tree for not playing smart. Would require actual talented map designers to make players overlook traps though, albeit easier on night maps

Are you suggesting emergency supplies are drop-podded into the AO to try and save the last remaining member for traps and weapons? Or just the existing terrain?

Existing terrain, think deadfall/spike traps in The Forest style but no crafting and just make it an interaction with trees/mud etc. Napalm or weapon droppods & more uses for switches in this game are also welcome. Doesn’t need to be anything super complex either - say landmine in the mud, pretty difficult to notice other than by watching where the FT is stepping.

Games tend to end pretty violently for the last survivor if actually discovered. So indirect options are certainly more ideal. Though I don’t know if a pit is something the game engine would really support. Spring traps might be more feasible.

Co-op objectives… good idea but chance for potential trolling by players who just refuse to help?

FUBAR situations, great idea 100% behind this.

Lone Survivor: Something needs to happen here I agree, even if it’s the ability to trap/challenge the Yautja.

Predator Mission Interaction: I get what you’re going for here, not sure how much info pred should ever get on Human mission’s. that should be something left to the player to infer based on what FT is doing… adding to the hunting side of playing as a Yautja.

Mission Length: I 100% understand the reasoning behind this, it’s VERY hard to keep general player retention of a game that has matches that go beyond 15 minutes. The average player will fall off. Increasing this timer. We essentially have the “AI throws stiffer resistance” thing going on, but that’s due to the general AI buff.

So a couple of real solid ideas, and a couple I just see that could cause a problem… but overall I like your ideas, and I think that you’re on the right track towards improvements.