Game mechanics

Why so many mechanics in this game are against the predator?

To be a good predator, the player must:
-adapt to a complete new playstyle,
-change playstyle (once or more, depends on fireteam) in the middle of the match,
-choose right moment to attack to not get shredded in 2 seconds,
-avoid trees (predkour useless which supposed to be predator’s strength) because of spotting,
-avoid melee because of parry,
-avoid water because of losing cloak,
-avoid getting hit (even small scratch) because predator starts bleeding like crazy,
-avoid ranged because ranged weapons show predator location,
-pay attention for equipment/weapons because they are destroyable,
-avoid AI because it sees cloaked predator, which makes it easier for fireteam,
-run from 1vs1 because of the damage that knife does,
-rush with killing fireteam because of how fast they complete objectives,
-rush with killing last remaining fireteam because if not, last fireteam member muds up, enters “usain bolt mode” and runs for reinforcement (reinforcement is some kind of punishment for the predator for killing fireteam but a second chance for fireteam with full gear).

I forgot some mechanics here and there but the idea stays. And I’m not even mentioning bugs, clunky movement and getting stuck.

To be a good fireteam, player must:
-aim and shoot,
-spam spot,
-stay together,
-if first one doesn’t work, spray and pray.

Something is not right here.

Add some mechanics for the fireteam that they actually must work together and stop using speedforce to be the Flash:
-fireteam caught in net cannot escape alone,
-fireteam caught in bear trap cannot escape alone,
-objectives that require at least 2 members to complete,
-longer missions (more objectives),
-parry destroys knife,
-fortnite jumping consumes lots of stamina,
-slow down movement,
-all sniper rifles get laser sights,
etc.

As for the Predator:
-destroyable equipment/weapons mechanics need to be removed, including biomask,
-the Predator gets some kind of a warning when it is being targeted by sniper rifles (mentioned laser sights),
-flight speed of smart disc significantly increased,
-reverse the changes on plasma caster,
-significantly increase stamina for all classes because leaping is the only method of travel for the predator,
etc.

These above are some loose ideas to consider.

2 Likes

Only thing I disagree with is the laser on the sniper rifle and warning when sniper is targeting you. I think some folks are going to blast you with Git Gud Noob but I agree with your assessment.
Honestly I think the main reason for the mechanics you mentioned is because the people who play tested the game were potato FT.
And then Illfonic listened to more potato FT with the patches.

1 Like

Illfonic doesn’t really know what role they want the predator to have in the game. He can’t be particularly stealthy because cloaking becomes useless as he moves and getting spotted completely negates any opportunity for an ambush.

The predator isn’t a very good trapper as all his traps emit a noise and magnetic-like effect which makes them easy to find. Often times the predator doesn’t have any opportunity to get ahead of the fireteam in order to lay down traps at all. They often have to do it on the spot in the middle of a firefight.

The predator isn’t particularly good in melee combat. With tracking only available on the very first melee hit the predator often times can’t land all hits of their combo on a single FT member unless they’re boxed in. The only exception being the combi stick due to it’s very long range compared to other melee weapons. Not to mention the melee attacks can all be parried.

The predator isn’t particularly good in ranged combat. Not comparatively to the FT weapons anyways. Fireteam member weapons use hitscan bullet projectiles that have a higher DPS than every single ranged weapon the predator has. On top of that all of the predator’s ranged weaponry have a travel time and are less forgiving if you miss. The only weapon that is particularly effective is a fully charged plasma shot which forces a lot of predators to charge, peek out of a corner, fire, and repeat.

The only thing the predator has going for him is mobility when it isn’t bugged. He can move around and reposition quickly via leaps as needed. But this is purely a support characteristic which should compliment his offensive or defensive capabilities. After all, the predator can’t stare the FT to death except for spamming isolation scan, where they spontaneously die after rigorous testing from DeadEyeBuddah.

2 Likes

man you had me going and then the end put me in tears

stop crying and learn to play, predator is very strong in skilled hands

Yes I completely agree. Whatever you do as predator you get punished hard for it and the fireteam can counter it 10x harder than a predator can dish it out. It’s ridiculous and not fun for either side.

Its funny how children like you always replay with short “oh, just learn how to play” in response to somones actually investing his time to lay down arguments, creating a brakedown based on expiriance… if you can’t counter his arguments with yours than shut up! “stop crying and learn to play” is the most retarded responce only a retarded retard can give when someone is starting a disscucion and backs it up with a list of CORRECT arguments

1 Like

I would probablly not agree with all the fixes you are proposing, but I do agree wiath all the issues you have listed. This game is not unbalanced - its broken

this was from another thread of a simaler topic but it more or less covers this topic