Games being made to feed a bored locked down public?

Are games such as Aliens FireTeam being made to fuel the current audience who are either in or coming out of lockdowns? my thought is that i’m sure that is a huge consideration.

I can’t form any conclusions but lots of shit had been put on hold in the theatres including Batman. Thus the that new batman game is currently on hold.

The Days Gone Sequel is a game that essentially was planned but now is either being put on hold or flat out being cancelled! Could this be out of respect for those affected by the current pandemic? A press release nightmare it might be because the associations with the games content could be related to things going on now and that might not be too advantageous.

ON the flip side, there is that LAst of us tv series, which probably be going forward simply because they have more PR support and it costs less i suppose.

1 Like

Dayz gone? Dont tell me they are doing a dayz game and calling it dayz gone?

jeezuz louisus! where did you get that from?

You typed it 😄 , were they doing a days gone sequel?

1 Like

hell yeah.i was looking forward to it, and it even sounded like the studio were already working on it. They declared they are working on a new title, but from a bloomberg article, they say SOny is foo fooing it.
I don’t believe in this article. not one bit. Its not a gaming news source. Its one of those high business investors news companies. That bit of news came out yesterday or today, but I assume all the gaming news sites will be all over it next week.
I think alot of investors and companies might be in for some turmoil for whatever reason due to the pendemic…

I could see most industries putting things on hold until they can get back into somewhat regular business. Like holding projects and spreading their money out to get higher priority projects more stable

I’m not sure whats worse, waiting for the pendemic to end or waiting until infrustrature gets everything they need to combat it. We are far from any hospital being capable of handling the influx.

1 Like

Yeah , I will keep my thoughts on that subject for a different time and place 😁 . Something tells me mankind will be ok , well depending on some things

1 Like

I think the upcoming left 4 dead game will be good at least .

I played actually played World War Z ahead of anything L4D related.i was disappointed by it. L4D coming out so long ago doesnt really appeal to me. Its getting lots of attention for whatever reason I’m either sure its justified because its horde crazy and online but its not ground breaking by any means.

At the time it was pretty fun , something fast paced and its alot like hunting grounds except you have to get from A to B . The back 4 blood game is meant to be from the original concept they had from the start but I’m guessing they were probably limited back then , with last and current gen consoles they will probably have a field day . World War z looks almost identical to aliens fireteam , except with zombies of course

How is AFT not similiar to COD? How is COD not similar to L4D? I guess its the team right? Add 3 people next to you and viola, you can compare?
Well you make that statement about WWZ and AFT…but like…it only secures the fact you have more than 1 player in the online compartment. and …the environments aren’t comparable.
Narrative, story, graphics, none of that is comparble.
What are the simliarities? The fact that human beings are represented as 3d models? Is this a fudging comparison? Both models have eyeballs right?

Is it just ‘team spirit’ comparison model? What can i look forward to asides from running, strafing and firing a gun? And getting pickups and medkits, and…oh i get it. thats it right? They haven’t gone past that model?

Am I the only one seeing possible Aliens franchise based features? IS the comparison model based on ‘genre’ of horror alone?
The fact that IGN made the poor comparison makes me believe it seemed fabricated or hastily made. There are not alot of comparisons AFT could be made to asides from ACM (which they could probably justify while getting hated on) and maybe dead space (but thats not an online multiplayer right?).

It almost seems like this is a circumstantial comparison and not a true definitive comparison since there are few genre based multiplayer shooters and neither games are using exactly the same engine.

I think this comparison is exactly what IGN wanted us to do. To call out why they compared it to a totally different horror genre kind of making it feel out of left field but drawing on the generalized similiarities. Job done.

Left 4 dead is similar to hunting grounds in the way , its 4 members on a team , you have objectives but instead of having an open map you only move forward(through stages) . You have to work as a team because you will either get over run or certain types of zombies can pin you down , so its a teamwork based game . They are both first person shooters and they both have the same graphics 😁 .

Bro , aliens ft and world war z look like the same game! Cheap third person horde games. Visually? Put them side by side ? Thats what I’m talking about . You could swear its a reskin of that fucking game

1 Like

NOW I GET YOU!

1 Like

What the fuck did you think I meant? 😄

1 Like

You have guns and need to shoot something? 🤣

Games were always made for bored people shut indoors regardless.

Reskinning the same product is because investors think its a safe decision.
Because investors are stupid. If something has worked before they think people will buy cheap imitations instead of just playing the other game.

IE fortnite making every game a battle royale now and they’ve all died except like 3.

1 Like

Yeah I guessed that , but then again are the studios stupid if people keep buying the shit they shovel? . Fortnite certainly started a trend but at least they took a shooter concept and added a secondary element to it? I’m not a fan of the game and I have played some of it , but at least it was something different to the typical games that were being released year after year . The fps game that uses portals looked interesting, I think it was called portals 🤔😄