Get rid of parrying

The fireteam already has enough damage to punish the predator if it rushes in for melee

9 Likes

Even without parrying current predator users barely stand a chance against fireteam.

4 Likes

If you manage to corner 2 fireteam members against a wall in melee they shouldn’t have the advantage

6 Likes

I literally just finished a match where I was able to rush the predator from the side (he tried sneaking up) and absolutely ended his hunting career with my knife. No gun at all, just a heavy attack into parrying then he was dead.

5 Likes

You prove the point that predators are weak as shit currently.

Even if you defeat 2 or 3, once they call reinforcements It’s over. They spawn within 15 seconds.

5 Likes

I know, parrying doesnt need to go I dont think but should consume large amounts of stamina while not stopping all the damage. Fire team melee damage should be half of what it is currently.

3 Likes

100% agreed. And predator need big damage buff, even with extra melee damage perk predators are still weak

2 Likes

It’s not that the predator is weak, it’s that the fireteam is too strong

• reinforcements
  • parry
  • sniper rifles
  • grenade launchers
  • 5 heals per person
  • no reason to split up
  • minuguns

It’s impossible for the predator to win against a good fireteam with good communication

11 Likes

Yeah melee sucks atm, really hard to hit

1 Like

Don’t forget the miniguns.

2 Likes

Thanks, added to the list

1 Like

Parrying should only be done in an emergency situation to buy your teammates time to shoot st the predator in hope of chasing it off before it murders your face. Instead the fireteam can be Roberto from Futurama. I stopped using the minigun, between the wind up and the loss of mobility I found myself getting downed more by the predator, I stick to the shotgun now, just unlocked the XDB-12 and am gonna try it out. Besides the melee needing adjustment, the amount of sounds the predator makes plus its stealth is what needs a buff IMO

2 Likes

seriously i just had an extended brawl with a team at derailed and i would trap them net them then go for the other and the recon with the knife was able to shut down a predator with the combistick continuously. then you got no stam and cant swing. super fucking aggravating. playing as predator sometimes just feels like youre being trolled. They would get up on the roof and follow me with their knives is how much they dgaf.

1 Like

good write up here but miniguns arent as bad as they could be. it really makes them slow and super easy to hit with plasma. i actually am kinda relieved when i see them shuffling around with the minigun you can run circles around them. sniper rifles though those are rough yes!

1 Like

dont get rid, just use a enough stamina that you can only do it once and/or it still goes some damage through the parry. if it stun-locks the predator it should also stun lock the blocker.

each parry having a chance to knock the knife out of their hands could have been tense.

The knife does the most damage in the game, which is fucking bunkers. I’ll be putting a drum mag of my CD-12 into a downed predator to only tickle him. But 3-4 knife swings will kill him.

How about a dodge mechanic instead of parry? Maybe a quick sidestep or back step?

Melee is already hard enough to hit, if they fix it then sure