Get rid of parrying

The knife does the most damage in the game, which is fucking bunkers. I’ll be putting a drum mag of my CD-12 into a downed predator to only tickle him. But 3-4 knife swings will kill him.

How about a dodge mechanic instead of parry? Maybe a quick sidestep or back step?

Melee is already hard enough to hit, if they fix it then sure

I agree with everything you said except for sniper rifles. The snipers are balanced out because of the slow ADS movement, but everything else is correct.

Are you on PS4 or PC? I use the sniper on PC and I usually down the predator before it even knows what’s happening

Show your opinion about balance by filling out this questionnaire. I made a new post and a questionnaire about balance. Check out the post here please:

1 Like

Thought: Leave parrying, but adjust the amount of times you can do it/make it harder to do/change into a block where the gun is held up and have it last two hits before you’re forced to drop the gun on the ground… something like that.

lol im getting tired of reading all these posts by bad players. If the fireteam has time too parry, and shoot you. You are doing something wrong. If they start parrying you just switch too plasma caster, and shoot them in their face.

2 Likes

Miniguns aren’t as dangerous as people think it’s just knowing who to attack how when etc the hardest part is getting enemies to split up and making opportunities to flush out the main ones that will cause the most trouble especially since all it takes is to net an isolated mini gunner with the trapper perk and he’s in trouble and vulnerable

2 Likes

1 Like

To everyone that said “I want to play as Arnold!”, well, here you go. Get your knife out, throw some mud on, and see what happens. Mind you, this Predator looks slightly more aggressive, and the human… slightly smaller.

1 Like

By the way, Elne, net him. That’ll throw a wrench in his drawer real quick.

1 Like

Has to be away from his buddies though

Thank you for the tip but it’s not my video, it was posted by u/Tkorolon on the subreddit

A pred tried this in an earlier match, didnt help him as I just ran up and tried k nifong him, he dodged well, but he also couldnt get the shots off onto me, plus I’ll just dodge behind a wall or tree to ensure the bolt doesnt hit, unless its charged it wont kill me so I’ve got time to dodge. Most predators I’ve seen are learning after the first parry, switch targets or retreat. One guy I fought thought it a good idea to leap behind me after the fist parry thinking it would catch me off guard, boy was he suprised when I got that second parry putting him into second wind.

I cant watch that video for some reason

one person can just parry over and over and over and still smack you with their knife.

It can get really hard to split apart a team with the bs spotting system FT gets, sometimes they spot you before you even find them. You can’t split them up if you’re getting shot at all the time.

I’m a for limiting the parrying as it should be punishing to be alone in a 1v4 game… you shouldn’t have the power to down a pred 1v1 melee… like almost ever. If it was a deathmatch game sure, free for all w.e but it’s not. It’s a team game vs a supposedly terrifying badass hunter. I’ve won my fair share but man do the marines really just hold their ground and fuck me up a lot. Those that abuse the sprint/jump for infinite stam… with same speed. To the recons running the perks to essentially destroy in melee XD upon getting parried I’ll try to jump so it’s less obvious where I’ll come from and harder for bullets to hit… one lil tip I haven’t seen anyone mention is if you don’t swing at them directly and let the cleave damage hit them you won’t get parried. 😁 Snipers are a bit too high of fire rate imo and the fact that the syringes don’t slow you down on use is also a bit like… k… and it just sucks that in order to win there’s only 1 viable build for pred currently that’s super consistent… but once you run into a F.T that actually can parry you might just get shit on in a matter of 2 seconds XD wayyy too punishing for 1-2 swings imo.

I use a PS4 controller on PC

1 Like