Get rid of parrying

I mostly agree with this. The Predator has far superior strength and should never reel from a parry, the human should. As well as be able to crush through parries with larger, heavier weapons like the Club.

2 Likes

I agree whole heartedly, it really breaks the immersion of this being a predator game. The feeling of being helpess while something hits you is lost when you can parry. To be totally honest, my buddies and I played for 2 days without even knowing it existed. We struggled with berserker melee charge preds until we got smart and were careful about our distancing especially in the beginning of the round. We took shotguns and when the berserker would charge, the one person would kite him/run while the others all laid into him. He simply could not cut us all down in a 3v1 or even better a 4v1. Now that I know the parry is a thing, and it’s spread like cancer as more and more fireteams are utilizing it- the game is a lot less fun. And that really is a crying shame.

Remember AVP? As a marine you felt like living bait, desperately watching yours and your buddies back. Strength in numbers was your only advantage. I felt that awesome fun feeling the first couple of days of FT, now I fear I will never see it again. This knife meta may very well be the death of this game if they don’t change it. I don’t know why it was even put in when the FT has other counters to melee rush. The minigun is also the king counter to this- as although it cripples your mobility it puts out an insane amount of DPS up close. So why does this mechanic even need to exist? Knife damage is already stupid high as is- you shouldn’t need to parry and stun on top of all of that. :/

2 Likes

either get rid of it OR

Heres my idea on how where you can have it in the game and it not be unblanced justs too little changes

• Add a 2 second cool down too the pray this removes spaming and if you want to have to same effect you and your team will need to work together to pull off a stun lock

• Make it take up either a secondary slot or primary slot this will Remove the option to both have range DPA close range DPS and a Knife that stops Melee.

im sure that this is a way to keep everyone happy the predator’s melee isnt useless then and if you take the melee its clearer for the predator too know not to use melee and use Ranged attacks instead

the way it is now you can make what ever build you want and your always gonna have the counter to melee witch i strongly disagree with.