Glyphs research

I relied on just two defuse videos. At this first moment I just wrote down the variety of glyphs and counted the amounts of glyphs in a “sequence”. In the future, I intend to examine more videos and discover more about the operation and rules of the defuse system.

ATTEMPT:
Attempting to disarm the Predator’s self-destruct device involves attempts.
I will call “attempt”, each series of 4 glyphs that appears.

BASE GLYPHS:
In each “attempt” we have to find 4 glyphs, shown at the bottom. I will call these 4 under glyphs “base glyphs”.

SEQUENCE:
Above the base glyphs, we have a search selector that appears 4 times, once for each “base glyph”. The selector presents a “sequence of glyphs” in a given order. This order is repeated in the selector during the 4 times in which each of the 4 “base glyphs” is searched for. I will call this particular order of glyphs “sequence”.

Each sequence that I wrote down will be presented in one horizontal sequence line, in the order they were seen on videos. Example: sequence A and B below.

Observations (What I have been able to ascertain so far):

• Each glyph differs from the other according to the combination of 7 dashes (on or off).

• For now, I’ve identified 13 different glyphs = named below as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 6b, 8b and 9b. - It is possible that there is much more than the 13 glyphs I have identified…

• The “sequences” change with each “attempt”.

• It seems that the sequences are very similar, presenting a basic order that varies very little between attempts.

• It appears that the “sequence” of the search is limited to a series of 10 glyphs. I need to confirm this.

• As I understand it, the selector has a sequence of 10 glyphs, which restarts when it reaches the tenth glyph (returning to the first glyph and so on).

Example:
In Sequence B, 10 glyphs appeared and were repeated in this order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6b, 7, 8b, 9b, 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6b, 7 … (you got it!)

My idea is to try to find out how many glyphs there are.
Feel free to collaborate adding new discoveries, sequences, glyphs, etc.

See you next time, after more research watching more videos!

sequence_A

sequence_B

HELPING THE VISUAL SEARCH:

When searching for a glyph, divide its image in your head in two: the upper part (formed by 4 dashes) and the lower part (the Y formed by 3 dashes).

ON TOP:
The vertical line will always be lit. (At least in the cases I observed).
Thus, concentrate your search looking only at the presence of the 3 dashes on the right (tilted up, horizontal and tilted down).

AT THE BOTTOM:
Almost always, the bottom part will be the complete Y, with the 3 dashes lit.
Tip: Focus your search only seeing if it is:

• a “Y”;
  • a “V”;
  • an “i”;
  • Bends to the left; or
  • Bends to the right.

GLYPHS_02

Known_GLYPHS

7 Likes

Very cool research. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

thnx

New image there

I will edit the topic to add findings.

1 Like

GLYPHS_02

This is interesting, the bottom part reminds me of timing ques. Not sure why, clock-like maybe.

Edit - I never studied their language and appreciate this topic thread, sorry to go off topic, but this seemed a good place to think about it.

Over all there language reminds me of fighting maneuvers. Stances and attack vector. The top part always has a vertical line, this is you. The things on the right are attack vectors. Low, middle, high, high-low at the same time, low-middle at the same time.
The lower part is your available escape routes or paths of evasion. The lower part could also indicate when a left side attack is possible, when it has a left side bar. The middle could indicate an overhead strike or thrust. The right side could indicate when a secondary weapon is required.

1 Like

Haha.

Thanx

This is literally game changing information, great work!!

@Fire We need the video dude👍🏼

1 Like

Its bizarre but yeah, one can possibly use it as a way to message to a FT mate what type of formation you’d like them to be in …top portion for a team of 4 and lower portion for a team of three. but elaborate and clumpsy if you’re a player without a wristcomputer.