GODZILLA (and other kaiju)

There’s stronger Godzillas

Who? Exactly!

This incarnation of Godzilla is unique in that he originated from plant life rather than animal life. He is said to be the “end result of natural selection on Earth” and has survived for 20,000 years as the largest and most powerful lifeform in the planet’s history .

…you lost me with the whole AP stuff. I’m just using common sense and evidence seen in the movies. I never said Gamera wouldn’t have a hard time and would possibly lose, I’m saying there’s still a very good chance Gamera would rather the planet go to shit than see a threat like Godzilla continue to exist, and whatever he does at that point could very well stop him.

1 Like

Toho owns all incarnations of the character, so yes, they do own 2014. And they created the MV with Legendary, so, they half own it, or at least have massive creative control over it.

Tsubaraya Productions has been doing very well already, with Shin Ultraman releasing this year, and their comic series done by Marvel. I’m sure if they wanted to try they could, but Toho would likely not allow it.

1 Like

Compared to Earth? Not in the slightest.

1 Like

Come on if your going to give gamera a slight hope, at least for ULTRAMAN to 😩

Also no Toho doesn’t own Legendary Monsterverse, if they could they can get Ultraman but TOHO is making their own monsterverse maybe it could have ULTRAMAN since it’s got shin Godzilla 😁

Yes there’s stronger Godzillas.

Toho would never allow Gamera in. They and Daiei/Kadokawa have been rival for decades. Ultraman has more of a chance, because Toho and Tsubaraya have a better working relationship (founder Eiji Tsubaraya was the original Godzilla producer).

1 Like

Name them.

1 Like

One day is all I’m going to say lol

Ya name them!

I’ll believe it when I see it, but I will say I will be happy if it does.

1 Like

I dunno I don’t like shin though, sure he’s got a unique atom breath/laser show but against Shin ULTRAMAN will go in his favor

Shin Godzilla is honestly the best Godzilla film since…roughly maybe 84. Godzilla does best when presented as a metaphor for a current political and environmental crisis, which 84 was the last time that happened (01 slightly but that was something more socially and not as widespread).

I have no clue what to expect from Shin Ultraman, there’s been barely any news or footage about it, other than it was delayed last year.

1 Like

This is the fastest growing thread I’ve ever seen here! People got some strong opinions on G!

2 Likes

We do, I’m surprised lol. I just feel bad cuz I seem to be like the know-it-all. I’m really not, I just have four decades of burying my face in this genre and absorbing any and all info about it.

1 Like

Me too, saw my first one at 5 yrs old, never looked back once. It’s probably my greatest addiction.

1 Like

Who enjoys the Marvel Comics version of G? Spoilers, I do.

1 Like

Earth and Heisei are comparable, although Base to Base Earth could win, even tho Heisei has better speed feats and, funny enough, pick up and throw Earth. But Burning Heisei Godzilla negs, he grows stronger overtime and his infinite spiral heat ray is verbatim stated to get infinitely stronger each time he uses it. Earth having star level feats, Heisei comfortably slightly below or possibly the same. And Marvel Godzillas slams because he scales to Thor who scales to universal. Marvel Godzilla also being above the Midgard serpent who literally coiled around the earth. Marvel Godzilla matched Thors full strength, Thor being relative to silver surfer who has casually survived solar systems exploding and is stated to be universal. I could go on but I think you get the idea. Marvel Godzilla is at Bare minimum Solar system but is more around the Galaxy-universal ranges of power.

Speak of the devil

1 Like