Goodbye for now Hunting Grounds...

Yeah, Tbh I feel that way with just about every multiplayer game these days.

1 Like

The social and private matches have kept it fresh for me.

When those people arent online (yes im aware I can join groups and stuff), drastic downshift in experience.

Wish I could just boot it up and play solo and have actual fun with it.

2 Likes

I get you. I still love the game, but all I see lately are 90% Berserker matches that end within 2 minutes because either the team couldn’t aim, or they could and killed the Pred because all those players do is combi rush and melee spam. Super board at this point. It still has a lot of issues. I stored up about 60,000 veritanium for the next content drop. I’ll probably grind out a little more in private matches but for now after hitting 100 I’m kinda done. Playing the Pred is still fun, but the fireteam is either godlike or terrible depending on how well they work together. I’ll come back when the next patch comes out or the next content release.

3 Likes

Agreed and godlike is 1 out of every 50 games

2 Likes

Those stats seem about right.

The balance is player skill/ if your against a cs go team your fucked due to predator getting wall blocked 90 percent of the time. For indtane your vs 2 recons with shotties or mag pistol. Suppt has shotty a nd scout has a shotty they will just burst you to half hp and if u attempt a claim be prepared to lose all your hp
The predator cant sit behind a pillar and try to snipe. The way hes made is to be out in the open. The problem is you buff any aspect of predator anymore than he is you run risk of wiping teams super hard on the flip side I think the only only thing that needs a nerf is the seringes need to take time to heal and not and instant 100 hp heal or the ressurected fireteam member starts with his ammo and items. This game is not complete…
Predators are wiping fireteams so they dont have to deal with topped iff hp fireteams.

Yeah I’m the same. Haven’t played it in a while. I can just tell the game is going to be a continuous unbalanced shit show with all the people crying for one thing and then other people crying for the opposite. At this point I’m just waiting for a bot mode. This game won’t last long the rate it’s going.

1 Like

If you factor in your point about asymmetrical shooters, the only way to make a game like this work is a solo campaign mode, like predator:concrete jungle. I think it’s going to be super hard to balance a game where everyone’s happy. Even if it was pretty close to being a balanced game, there will still be a lot of unhappy people complaining about balance. Illfonic probably should have built a campaign, and a solid one too, smart AI, big maps with objectives/free roam as pred. Then most people would be happy with a predator game.

1 Like

I’ve done the same mate and so has many that care to admit lol the game is just a demo thats still sat in that 2 day trial we had before release date lol no other maps/content/statistics and ratings/cinematics/balance not enough ingame time and an ingame spoon feed target isolation that defeats the purpose of the hunt and destroys fire teams experience, to think of all the guys out there that spent £49.99 for an special edition just for an free predator colouring book and skin to play a demo ffs lol

Iffonic should have hired shane black since he also knows how to fuck a predator franchise.

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t played match in days… theres still a lot of bugs, the balance is still off, and the forum(though its getting better than it was) is still pretty damn toxic…

I started playing The Outer Worlds yesterday… its a lot of fun if you’re into Narrative Driven RPGs like Fallout New Vegas(same team made it actually)…

2 Likes

It seems to me a party up with friends is really what its aimed at 100 levels open all weapons and options the only real thing I have left is cosmetics for the weapons and armor styles for predator, becuase quickplay is anything but and the 2 min matches, I’ve only been the pred a few times but without iso I wouldnt find them at the moment maybe I’d get better idk. But sadly I dont see this game going anywhere special anytime soon maybe they will figure out a way to make it more of a play once a day or week

I was farming V for cosmetics, but then they reduced the pay back you receive on Duplicates manually padding up the grind wall on unlocking cosmetics…
That was when i seen the writing on the wall…

Dont get me wrong I really have been enjoying it but to be realistic it will take months for a campaign to be built so for now I have to warm up to the idea and be comfortable with it being a party with friends game, I hope they do more

Right but there is the possibility in the future of more then playing matches to gain V in small amounts to unlock the huge amount of cosmetic upgrades for both fireteam and pred and maybe if I just continue that grind before I know it they’ll surprise me with more, I dont want a roadmap either let them work and deliver content that they’re comfortable putting out not rush and hand me a steaming pile of shit that they have to go back and fix

I feel you man. I’m a huge Pred fan and I’ve been loving this game since launch day but I’m also taking a bit of a break until some new content is added.
I appreciate all the work Illfonic have done and are doing right now but until some new maps or game modes or even some new weapons/ skins are added I think a short break is needed.
I hope we hear something from Illfonic soon, even if it’s just when or if they’re planning on showing us their road map for what’s coming in the future, I think that would peak people’s interest again.

2 Likes

Road maps dont do anything positive for us they force trash to be released becuase people are expecting it and then devs spend the next month trying to fix things that wouldnt need fixing if they don’t have a release date then they can release better content I like logging on and seeing something surprising rather then get hyped by a roadmap only to feel super disappointed when I doesnt meet the expectations I simply come to the forum once a day and see if they’ve announced something, planning gaming would be like it was a job rather then something I do for enjoyment. I feel that dates make bugged content that they spend time fixing making the next thing on the date calendar suffer and come out the same, so they release that and then fix as they go dropping more lack luster content it’s a snowball effect that has ruined other games for me

Dont get me wrong, I dont want pred to be able to wipe the FT,

I have a whole super post of how to balance both sides.

However pred still needs to be the predator, not the prey.

Balance needs to be in his favor, but not in the way that he can walk in and wipe everyone in one go.

4 Likes

Right predator shouldn’t be prey, but good luck forcing people to do it that way if they nerf it too much they ruin the game overall and players leave FT should complete the mission while fending off the predator and the predators just hunt but most fireteams that I match with seems to just hunt it and the heck with the objective idk if they can do it but for the games sake I hope so

1 Like

I do agree with you

1 Like

The best way to force this kind of gameplay, is to make predator squishier, but improve his cloak significantly, whilst also making matches longer.

Encourage people to play fireteam with guranteed more veritanium

Of course other changes need to be made, but thats why I made this.

1 Like