Gotham Knights hates Batman *Spoilers for some*

On that mark , they aren’t salary. If they fired a freelancer…well thats not even an employment issue. They weren’t even working in the capactiy to be fired.

To ‘be fired’ is a form of negligence or a complete abandonment on the talents part on a full time salary.

“laid off.”
Semantics.

lol you don’t have to abandon anything, someone else just has to be willing to do the same work or longer hours while agreeing to be paid less.

listen man . just use your terminolgoy right. CGI stuff, its not call center wages.
There are people who freelance and are pretty happy about it.
If they don’t get the next contract… its not a big deal because the money is good.

Why do you think we started outsourcing CGI?

I havent even mentioned CGI btw

yeah no. who is we? When companies outsource…its a big deal. NOt a fucking, well i guess we need to make some chunk change. When they outsource, a whole industry gets made in a new country. Thats a big deal my friend.

Taxation happens in that new country. New business models happens. its not something to be said lightly about.
That said, those it doesn’t change what people are worth in the native country. It just means they need to commit to agencies.

Making more money, and working less in the year.
In the outsource country, that means making less and harbouring new economies to justify it.

The film industry lmao

Ofc it does. wtf? Especially if these are time crunches which they always are. If I as DISNEY wanted MORE MONEY for my shitty tv show why would I not outsource to 10 different companies willing to do some shitty re-enditions of She-Hulk visibly inconsistent with the existing asset library as long as it gets it done faster? If they’re willing to work longer for less hours and you will watch it anyway it’s neligible. The only people they even need onsite initially are the mocap crew.

Granted we are talking about CGI right now when I was talking about CODEMONKEYS, Quality control issues and communication breakdown with outsourced CGI companies is why Blockbusters get delayed or they just push it out looking like trash ALL THE TIME. People will buy it anyway so who cares, and then you can have the NA team touch up.

Framestore is british, Weta is in New Zealand iirc, RISE is european theres probably 10 more studios on that list and I bet the minority are actually in north america.

Did you think there was just 1 company in LA doing CGI in all these movies around the clock wtf?

Then there are politics of every country.
Who gets paid what, because the bottom line is that every studio needs money.
First its the banks, then its some investor, then if they are lucky there are stock holders…
yeah i know it sucks to be on the workers end, but part of the magic happens because the money that goes into those countries will have favourable results (either editing or re-scripting etc) to do business with those countries.
I tell you, those films or games that get outsourced to those countries will probably be sold favourably (price wise) in those countries.

So what does that mean? More money for those countries, a new season, and in those native countries who made the show or game, more shows or licensing, therefore making more money on products. Eventually that will result to more interest in the creators. Those creators venture on more products and more new seasons. etc.

They sell at the same price just accounting for different currencies.
There’s no downside to outsourcing if people just buy the worse product regardless.
You don’t get special treatment for providing the outsourced company either, not like an SFX company is going to effect your world economy. China makes it work largescale with shipping cheap goods. Art doesn’t have that because its all percieved value.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at.
What really suffers is what you don’t get right now. But in the long run, if this product is less then stellar, then maybe not in 3 or 4 years but 5 years you might get something good. But thats the gamble.
Rightnow, their goal is to not put themselves in financial debt because they are not trying to make the masterpiece that you want that they can’t afford to make.

Its hard to take in what Outsourcing will do in the long run, but at least they are raising the skill level of other countries or the affordability in other countries.
Whether or not its damaging to their local economy, i don’t know. But at least there is interest.
At least the studio in India, have Indian people rather than a bunch of French immigrants in India trying to survive.

6, 7, 8 years and so on into infinity because “art” is subjective and has no tangible value unless its either massively successful or a commericial failure.
Within a certain budget you are going to make your money back regardless and it doesn’t matter if you outsource because its not like you’re shipping low quality tables from China that will break in two years.
Its just “oh that movie couldve been better, man that cgi sucked” and then you never touch it again

Listen, the Bat franchise has been in limbo since Arkham Knight.
The coolest thing I’ve seen ,which deserves more attention, is that fan made 1989 Batman game MOD in Unreal…>That shit was bat shit craZy. I would fork over money for that game.

Gotham Knights looks like an amalgam of studios making this game. I’m not sure. But it seems like it. It looks like a very conservative approach like it or not, whether this game was brewing for a long time or a adhoc game that global studios put together in a short period of time. This is what it is and most people who never played a batman game would probably be impressed by.

Its hard to make a good batman game that is fresh. From the looks of it, Batman is already in this game, and there isn’t anything new about it. So they went with the three family bat members with little or no backstory ( and by backstory i mean the lore) to drive it. Its just juxtipose to get people to not oppose to the story for people who never really read the comics.
If they made this game’s story based on lore, they would probably not succeed. So they need to make it relevant. Some kind of a modern take with woke stuff and shit. Not to mention the design making each one have some kind of modern relevancy to modern politics.
The moment they remove The Joker from batman, is the moment people forget about what makes Batman “Batman”.
They try to put too much reflectance on modern politics and shit and the game becomes True Detective mixed with Batman without even trying. I mean…i don’t want to stir the pot, but whats going on in todays World view is too crazy. We need escapism. But i guess we have weed for that.

She hulk isn’t top tier. Usually she’s pitied. and what comes out of it, what is learned from the production is used on the TOP TIER- The Hulk or other properties that could potentially be used in similar fashion…That is…when you look at artist owned properties similar to Hulk …its The Pitt. What is Pitt? It’s Dale Keowns work. What happens there? Well there are other creators wanting part of it and its Sam Keith’s Maxxx…then there are those creators who might invest their time and effort in that property and this all has to do with what will become successful in the future. FULL STOP- it doesn’t necessarilly mean it will be sucessfull. Its all about the investment in Imagery (at least at first). Because She-hulk isn’t shakespear. If they make it successful, it would mean something apart from the most superficial.

Lots of people like myself are looking at what it means that She-Hulk is present. Will it mean more money for other properties to be developed? YES! Not necessarily popular ones or well-known ones.
I wouldn’t be surprised if She-hulk manifests to Mr.Impossible or The Super Skrull artistic properties being experimented on. But Television isn’t like the comic books anymore. Are they?

Right now, take a look at what is being produced in parrelel. Its Marvels Werewolf By Night at the TV level. Moon Knight. Then there was Dr.Strange 2.
Thats it folks. Thats all. There are a number of studios working in parallel to produce these either fairly easily or they are learning the technology of the imagery in parallel . Its about yearly budgets. All the while, the biggest budgeted films are scheduled in a few years and probably have filmed already but are still in post-production. Thats the magic word - POST PRODUCTION. Which might take forever because of these yearly budgets. I’m sure they spent a shit load on Wanda already.

All the studios listed above and probably 10 more were on Avengers Endgame lmao.

I just picked She-Hulk to point out inconsistent CGI. Hell Spiderman is a million dollar franchise on its own and the Tom Holland CGI suit looks horrible unless the camera shaking 100 feet away. Outsourcing is just cheaper even though and its obviously harder to maintain quality control when you’re coordinating with a company in New Zealand and India. It has nothing to do with tiers. Guardians of the Galaxy were Z-list heroes.

But yet again this is a game thread.

true. I think some of the games we love aren’t getting investor bait simply because they aren’t doing anything knew. although a game like Days Gone has massive potential, there are alot of symantics that prevent them from making a game that satifies their business model of producing unique shit.
If they had their way, they would spend more of their own money rather than investor money.
Any studio can take their profits and make their own baby and people will love it, but in the eyes of HARDWARE Producers and Investors, its like Nvidia won’t give them 2 million because they won’t advance any knew concept. And thats a FULL STOP for Bend Studios. No money make them go crzy.

Yes cuz in Arkham I could

@Fire you rat bastard pay me more than minimum wage.

1 Like

I dont pay you at all!
You’re supposed to pay me damn it!

1 Like