Gripes with AVPGALAXY.NET

I’m posting about my grief with the problems i find at https://www.avpgalaxy.net/
Those of you who know it, know that its a great pantheon for you to discuss the franchise.
Those of you have been there since the beginning know that only recently it’s become sort of a love hate brew of social dismay. Because of the following:

1. The HAS BEENS: There are an inherent and persistent regular members who are toxic to the community as a bunch of disgruntled “has beens” who endlessly retort to news by having nothing but trash talk to contribute (well that’s evident in every forum even this one).

2. THE PASSIONATE: There are good number of members who love to ignite the passion for fiction especially with the franchises.

3. THE BOOB MODS: There is a boob of a moderator who constantly gets triggered to flick that ban trigger finger for absolute shallow conflict which is entirely fan based- and NOT toxic based. Basically, imagine 5 or 6 moderator figureheads who don’t have the power to ban anyone but are set off by just about any comment which undermines their own popular opinion, then openly decides to conflict with anyone of the like so that they feel empowered ego-wise. These guys are also the HAS BEENS in disguise.
    The one-boob moderator comes in and threatens anyone who does this (anyone who wishes to contribute). Men and women, young people alike. They are just a bunch of snot nosed supermarket employees who still get diarrhea when facing anyone who might best them. And I’m guess they are getting ALOT of traffic and commitment from their own personal lives to do interviews, they consider themselves the ‘All mighty Ban officers’. Listen i get it, they need to keep their egos in place to continue, and the people in the forums are just fodder who mean nothing.

Who here has had a problems/beefs with this forum? Granted they are all pretty good at staying up to date with AVP news sometimes. But i think the conflicts of interest usually stick thorns in the moderators sides. Like some posting with links to fan cuts of Alien/Covenant/Prometheus etc.
or fan based mods, or fan fiction which (i remember) one got really riled up because they felt swindled by actual producers for stealing their fan-based work.

I just want to know what are your thoughts on the goings on with the site. Not the site in general (most people like it for what it provides), but for forum goers, I heed you STOP because you might just get infuriated by what goes on around there!

1 Like

Some days I forget that I’m pretty sure you’re just a trained gibbon.

3 Likes

You’re the stupid chimpanzee.

1 Like

I’m actually a bonobo that killed Senate, and after being forced to learn about memes and how to type, I must run the account as penance.

1 Like

I dont get you.

I like AvPGalaxy Net as anyone else would since they are really “the voice” of the community, at least the one that is heard by the franchise owners/contributors.

I have never actually interacted with the AvPGalaxy community. Although I’m betting that it’s just like every other community with weird, good, bad and shit apples.

Only real bad thing I will say is that they all pushed that fuck headed idea that Prey was going to reboot the franchise canon even when existing materials continued on with their Lore. To this day I get told “Prey is gonna render all this shit non canon bro!”

Thank Fuck Dan knocked that shit down.

2 Likes

i Never heard this before.

neither this either. Prey is still fairly new, so whatever it is you heard didn’t really get out there at all.

That is an accurate way to describe it yes.

The has been are above the rules and can offend other members cus they have been on the site for a while + friends with mods.

I already had a few warnings in arguments with some people over the years there. Not really Active much there anymore, nothing changed, always the same.

They should have deleted the polítics forum a long while ago if they cant take different opinions well.

1 Like

Even if we teamed up, because you know I’m there and I know you’re there, still. Doesn’t change a thing and that’ what really hurts.

That folder of discussion is the kicker. I don’t know why it exists. but it really hurts alot of people not only does it NOT equate to global ideas but it mainly has to do with ones own local/rural politics. It just makes them out to be oddballs because it pits themselves in their own weeds. But If that’s the moderators tools to talk amongst themselves, well …thats fucked. Its a fairly big audience. We should tell them to BLOCK ALL COUNTRIES and sign a petition. I’m not for or against it. but its definitely swayed to wards a demographic who don’t live in their place of original. Which i recall is in the UK. I don’t think they represent their own country very well either unless they are politically motivated (it doesn’t seem so), but they are rurally motiviated in their own personal ways (with extreme prejudice, which is why i assume they are supermarket workers in a dead end job).

The mods know why they are there, but they are itchy and don’t know why they are there interacting with forum members…so they make up jerks to do it but not anyone useful. Hmmm…Kind of reminds me of another forum, hmmm…

Its like this issues with British cheeze makers who want to import their cheezes into another country. That country is saying no, then those BritCheeze makers are going “well fuck you”!

No, they reported what was told to them by the producer but in the end, they simply reported information. Once new info came in with what Dan said and that its rated R, then it replaces old with new so its not really pushing anything. Even they expressed how they disliked the idea in the forums and in one of the podcast episodes sometime ago.

But anyway, I had no problems with the members there, just fun talking about films, theories, canon stuff, ect. Long as you don’t start problems like insults, toxic behavior, slurs, ect, then there isn’t problems happening.

1 Like

The problem i had with them was when they pushed promo for illfonic , which basically said most of the games connection issues were resolved before release

@TheSenate

who cares

You going to do one for gamefaqs next?

but yeah moderators aren’t people more news at 11

2 Likes

hilarious. No Discord.