Happy ending

Not talking about the massage parlor.

But in Hollywood films usually end on a good note.

What if we had unhappy endings. Would you pay to see it?

Imagine if major action heroes died in their movies at the end. The villain gets away scott free. How do you imagine this would be for profits? For morale?

I mean, ESB is widely regarded as the best Star Wars episode, and it ended not on a happy ending.

I think that you should watch a movie called No Country For Old Men. If anyone on here has already watched this and analyzed it as I have, massive respect. Coen Brothers are amazing, one of my favorite works of fiction.
It deals with this topic in the real world.

My simple summary of the themes and plot is honestly a disservice. Go see the movie. You’ll thank me later. If y’all don’t care, click to unblur:

The stereotype good guy dies in a senseless act of random violence not even facing the big bad of the film.
Nobody knows what happened to the bad guy ultimately.
The lawman between the two is left to contemplate his life. The country for old men is saying about these great stoic looking historical figures of the previous generation and how life seems worse now than it was then. The answer is that life is always hard and violent, and that’s what made those figures who they were. There is no great romantic country of the olden times, and people of this generation will eventually become the hardened figures of the generation before, as the new generation must contemplate the same problem.

1 Like

You’re already living in that movie lmao.

1 Like

Trailer looks legit good with many great actors. Will definitely check it out. I’d like to see a predator film made that ends with predators winning or a human/ai villain winning.

Haven’t seen the esb in decades. My favorite sw was rotj in my youth. The world today is very much a fabricated world so rotj might seem comical.

Thanks

1 Like

No thanks to endless opportunities in America anyone can be successful and rich but man it’s a grind to acquire a skill that will make shit happen. Some can gain skills much faster with less polluted or trash ridden minds.

Also everyone is just simply NOT made equal. Has nothing to do with race, religion, and or gender. Hierarchy does play a fairly Fukd up role even still.

“You want fair? Go to a carnival”

In a story/film it’s settled once it’s written we can change our outcomes most times until we decease. Still the grind alone can be stressful and fatal.

‘Worked to death’ 😂😂😂🙃🥲🥹

I’d also like to see a film where the predator wins. Has a lot of potential.

Can’t recommend No Country For Old Men enough.

1 Like

No you missed what I mean.
I mean people get away with shit all the time. Especially rich people.

You cant really argue that theres a huge amount of corruption everywhere.

1 Like

Life
No Country for Old Men
Se7en
Green Mile
Etc

Most of the most memorable movies are all tragedies wym

Predator’s last chance at winning was 2010-2015 era. We’re in an age where meyers gets beaten by an old lady with a frying pan. Slashers are dying.

1 Like

True very true. That’s what I’d like to see films reflect on a bit more.

1 Like

Se7en was insane. That ending will stick with me till I die. Sadly and impressively as well

Lol that part about meyers. 😂🤣.

Yea u might be right. I was hoping Prey would have ended with the hero simply escaping or dying.

As the feral predators fly off and leave a successful hunt we could see more European ships arriving.

Prey could’ve been any generic alien monster, most safe boring garbage ever. She said she was going to become a hunter and then she did, the end.

Bad choreography and CGI aside, it brought NOTHING new to the table other than making preds look even dumber than they already are. Dumbest pred yet. Gets damaged by everything except a snake lmao despite fighting cloaked to try to save the low budget half the movie

We got a magic flower, a shield (this isnt even a hunting weapon?? predators already have cloak, just why? jump away you space ninja?)
and a lame version of a hand caster that needs to be autoaimed to fire because this pred has a severe skill issue and kills himself with it.

Predators 2010 had multiple preds, dogs, drones, supers, pred vs pred, safari planet, riverwalkers or whatever theyre called.

People claim Predators is too close to the first movie because theres a squad with guns? Trying to reinvent the wheel is why movies suck right now.

Prey was literally re-envisioned pred as a YA drama coming of age story wtf. Its literally P1 if arnie all arnies traps worked (because pred dumb) and he boxed the pred to death at the end & everyone congratulated him

Some valid points. I enjoyed the movie and didn’t mind some of the things that may not have fit the norm or even into the predator universe.

I think the bear fight sold me and how the pred stalked the natives more like the predator in 87.

The bear fight felt more like a comic movie for predator big game. The comic where pred gets his ass kick by a mama bear.

I think we got like one stalking scene and not even a new mimic? It was afraid of being a predator movie.

He pretty much just ran around like a giant goober just like the Upgraded predator from shane black, except he wasn’t bulletproof so he just got turned into a pincushion throughout the movie.

1 Like

True and valid points again. If there was an alien vs predator movie what do you think would make it good for fans and a larger audience?

Colonial marines.

Predator’s trying to recover some stolen tech they find.

There I fixed the entire AvP franchise. Putting AvPR on modern earth ruined everything.

1 Like

😂😂🙃🤣

It really is that simple

Would’ve had the appeal of another Aliens movie but with an additional threat.

idk how they screwed this up and gave us Degrassi vs braindead aliens

1 Like

😂 had no clue what degrassi was. Had to look that shit up.

Sums it up nicely. I had to get stoned as fuk to watch avpr. Hopefully we will get a proper Avp film .

The first Avp was not bad. It looked really good but I wish it were in space with the marines