Hardcore Hunt got people running scared?

Am I the only one that notices despite the boasting of how good someone is at being Predator or Fireteam, or wanting a more fair fight, none of these people touch or even bring up Hardcore Hunt? Like its the closest thing to balancing the mode offers to Predator and I see no one try to touch it. Anyone can murk potatoes and we all know how it favors Fireteam in normal privates or solos, but no one looks at Hardcore to really prove themselves if they are good as they are? Feels like we are missing out on something actually spicy or people just realize they really aren’t cut out as they think they are when they go in Hardcore Hunt without crutches like Spotting Builds?

Straight up, can’t take anyone seriously who boasts to be the best if they never went into that ringer and take a W or the L respectfully.

11 Likes

Its a shame yeah. Not every FT player that can play without spotting.

3 Likes

Is that a preset in Private?

Hardcore mode sadly has some game breaking bugs. Disabling the HUD entirely prevents some interactions.

Other than that, I think FF, No Spotting and No Map should be default settings for high level private matches.

I do think HUD stuff like energy, health and ammo should remain.

6 Likes

1 Like

I think all it does is bump down FT health 85 and Pred 95. 3x more ammo…and the same conditions you stated.
Seems decent. the second wild health at 50% sucks balls. but its 20 minutes play time some HUD conditions.
Everyone will gripe about something but whatever, seems like a worthy challenge.

Yes, it is the preset. Only thing I would change is allow HUD and Reinforcements and the game is good to go. Perhaps lower AI damage to 150% instead of 200% because that is a bit insane, especially with a Predator on your heels and the unpredictable spawn of Stargazer enemies.

1 Like

I always thought hard-core hunts favor fireteams still

The statement that brings both hatred and terror to premade fireteams aka firefaggots.

Due to mission interaction time increased by 50%, increased Stargazer damage, lowered Fireteam health, removal of reinforcements, HUD, and the biggest nerf of them all, removal of spotting, Fireteam gets the taste of how Predator players go through in regular hunts. Spotting is such a crutch that most builds you see Fireteam death squads use is all about Recon Spotter builds meant to always see the Predator even when invisible for other Fireteam to laser on. It’s like the mode forces the team to use actual new methods of gameplay tactics to either survive or beat the Predator then simply do damage and spotting.

1 Like

I have played one Hard-core Hunt private match
The Fireteam were dead within 45 seconds or so of me making first engagement.
It is way more balanced.

Second match in the video
2 Likes

This is a big no no. Interaction time is increased for everything, including getting out of traps, which basically mean if you are trapped you have zero chance of getting out of it before going down. We tested this in privates and it was too unfair. Not to mention it also increases interaction for Pred, which means eating a boar, using the medkit and doing a quick claim take longer. So, is really bad for everyone.

Oh I like this.

Sadly most death squads wouldn’t want that. They would rather stick to regular hunts.

1 Like

Atleast it now means you know what it’s like to play as preds

How can someone believe that a special game mode is classed as balanced when the game developers who made the game mode doesn’t even play the game?
They just changed a couple of things they thought would make the game tougher for the FT.

2 Likes

Hmmmm yeah. How is it balanced? Asking for a friend

It’s not.

I have questions either the health bar. First few hits its little but then POOF

1 Like

Okay, now I am inclined to believe that hard-core hunt is a lot more balanced. And a fair fight is something that terrifies the best firefaggot mains.

1 Like