Horrible Ratio of male to female locked preds.

I understand that movie/comic preds should be only their respective gender and I’m not asking for them to be able to be female, but 10-2 male to female locked preds is insane.

You could easily just give the lesser known or figurine preds like alpha or samurai preds a body type 2 or female version like viking and valkyrie.

Same goes for Exile pred which is from what I know an og pred/one made up from the lore. I would unironically pay like $60 for a pack that are female preds or both.

Also female preds in lore are not only bigger, but stronger than the male counterpart. Just look at Big Mama who I think would fit into hunting grounds perfectly

3 Likes

Bonk go to horny jail

6 Likes

I understand your comment.
But some points need to be analyzed in more detail.
As You said, Yautja Females are sometimes even bigger and Stronger compared to Yautja Males.
But following the same line as the Tradition of the Specie, Females are not Trained to become Hunters.
They are Trained to Defend the Planet they live on, to take care of their Partners and take care of their Children.
Some Yautja Females, who develop more Abilities, end up becoming Hunters too. But it’s not common.
Personally, I think it’s an Error the game to have in the same Predator Class, Body 1 and Body 2.
Why Males and Females are Different.
Please don’t get me bad.
I am not belittling Females.
But a male does not have the same physical characteristics as a female.
I say this even in relation to Soldiers.
And I add that some classes cannot have female variation.
We don’t have an Exiled Female;
Or a Female Samurai; Or an Alpha Female.
We have Valkyrie, because the Norse Woman Warriors really existed.
Cleopatra, was a Queen of Egypt.
Ideally, Illfonic would think of the types of Women Warriors who truly existed.
Not just adding Female versions to Classes that were Males.

5 Likes

I agree on the topic’s point, my girlfriend would like to have more female Preds, but they are far less

I understand that the movie Preds must by faithful to the source material, and that’s totally okay, but at least for the Supers, being “a different breed/race” I would have done a female variant option.

4 Likes

I somewhat agree with the things you’ve said however I don’t think illfonic are worried about what role the predator was doing before being added to the game given they’ve added characters from the movies or their own exiled predator which from their own lore make no sense as to why they’d be hunting fire team in the first place.

Why would the exiled predator be here in modern day and not where he was exiled to? Why is the Samurai pred not in Japan hunting samurai? The why part doesn’t need to matter nor has it.

Also their are plenty of female fighters in history such as the Onna-Musha which literally translates to woman warrior, they were partial samurai that fought along side male samurai in war times. Or the Amazons which I have no doubt would make for a fantastic predator. And on top of that historical figures like Zheng Yi Sao or Joan of Arc would also fit that bill well considering we have the Cleopatra pred now. I’m aware she’s cannon too and was added most likely for that fact.

2 Likes

You’re not seriously trying to bring gender equality into a Predator game, are you?

Are you?

6 Likes

10-2 isn’t even the male to female ratio of the playerbase. It’s not insane, sounds fair actually. Why ask these guys to put boobs where they don’t need to? There’s still three other pred types you can put boobs on.

3 Likes

10-2 wasn’t referencing the player base my guy

It’s literally not about gender equality.

… Then what is it about??

You just want more female preddies? You could just as easily use Body Type 2 on Hunter, Scout, and Berserker. There’s 3 more right there. Cleo and Valk are DLCs, both renown among the lore. Besides that, female Scout has some tiny hitboxes, run her and run circles around people

1 Like

First off I’m aware the launch classes can be both genders, it’s not about them. It’s about 80% of the post launch classes being male only. Also scouts not the class you run around/at people with, you’ll get popped in literal seconds if you try against players that have more than one thumb

Who cares? We’ve got Cleo, still an active female that managed to defeat Dutch and his team, not mentioning how many potential trophies she’s made.

Valk has the running legend of undefeated during the early centuries.

Both of these preds are excellent choices.

Now referring to your comment, if I can run Scout against the deadly PC guys on a launch PS4 and achieve victory, anyone can. I’m not that great of a player anymore, but if you play your cards right, including mind games and ammo dumping, you’ll be fine. You’ve been here a while, you should know how tricky Scout can be to hit on the move.

Here, use this as a reference https://www.predatorhuntinggrounds.com/predator/predator-classes
Build your Scout around this

2 Likes

If the only male locked preds were Mr black and falconer then 10 other female only preds, do you think you or the rest of the playerbase would be okay with that?

Unless it’s from a movie I highly doubt the playerbase cares about how well renowned their pred was/is. Infact I dislike having preds like that as I like being able to think of my own lore for my preds.

Also this isn’t the topic to be suggesting builds or swapping advice on how to play certain classes.

Back on topic though we actually have a decent amount of female preds to choose from such as Big Mama, Wendigo, Midnight, or I’ve even suggested a very unique female pred class in the past that I still would love to play

1 Like

I’m… Ok with that. Idk, I wouldn’t really give a flying fuck. It is what it is. We still have 5 female preds. Could also interpret it as they’re less common in-game because they’re rare and much more deadly. Again, it doesn’t really bother me. But I wish you luck in this endeavor

1 Like

No, you have female scout, female hunter, female berserker, female cleo, female valkyrie

5 Likes

I believe that the addition of an Exiled Predator is related to the possibility of having a “Bad Blood” in the Game. Because this is the designation given to a Predator who has been Exiled, according to the Traditions of the Yautja.
The fact that he is Hunting Soldiers in the Game, in the context of an Exiled Predator, is that just another Hunting Opportunity. But following your own convictions. No longer following clan ideologies.
The Samurai Predator Is No Longer Hunting Samurai Because They No Longer Exist.
But He Learned Techniques and Skills from Samurais.
I imagine this must have been the context in which He was Added to the Game.

Indeed. But we cannot deny, that throughout history, Women rarely made up the Front Line.
Because Women have always been a reference in Caring for someone or something.
If Men went to War, who would take care of the Children? If they were at War, and Men were injured, who would take care of them?
As I said, there have been Women who have demonstrated such a Strong Personality that they have come to stand out in great deeds.
But in the Yautja tradition, the Female Culture Is Not Much Different.
They are not actually Warriors.
Some of those Females have developed Abilities superior to Males, and have become True Hunter/Warriors.
But this is not a common thing.

Please, it is in reference to gender locked.

But here, there could be a Correction by the Illfonic Team.
We could not have, within the same Predator Class and within the same Soldier Class, this Male and Female option.
Because each Gender presents Very Significant Differences.
I’m not saying Women are Better or Worse than Males, or vice versa.
But that each Genre has its advantages and disadvantages.

I hate to break it to you but they do not care about the lore as much as the fans do. They put the samurai pred in because it’s a neat and visually different pred who would sell well. Same with Mr Black, he’s a fan favorite and would sell incredibly well. They do not think about lore that’s not surface level before adding content to the game

2 Likes

Okay, but still, I see You’re putting your mind to it, based on the fact that You’ve developed Your own Tradition for your Predators.

I think so, we should have more Female Predators.
More Female Hunters.
But not within the same class.
For example, as other forum members have said, we have the 3 Basic-Classes on the Game:
Scout, Berserker and Hunter.
We could separately have a Female from each of these Classes.
And each of these females, with their own characteristics.
Like Valkyrie and Cleopatra.
That is to have Variety.
Then we would have 5 Predator Females with Distinct Characteristics from each other.

1 Like