How bout an overtime?

Ever been hauling ass across the map trying to get to fireteams exfil location? Have ya seen the chopper pass you by? Have ya wanted to shoot it down?

Well I fucking have, and I say yes, it’s high time for overtime. Let us shoot down the chopper and force Fireteam to fight to the death!

Once the chopper is destroyed:

No downs or second wind, instant death.
No healing, map medkits are deactivated.
No boars, rather boars are deactivated.
No self-destruct (?)
No stamina or energy regen (?)
No ammo pickups, crates deactivaded
Five minute timer.
Predator wins if everyone dies
Fireteam wins if one player is alive.

3 Likes

Idea is cool, but strongly favors FT’s if there isn’t stamina or energy regen forcing predator into a melee scenario. The other being win conditions. FT could easily have one or 2 go run and hide and keep mudded up.

Self destruct would be indifferent to because most run away anyways rather than deactivating the bomb.

The other issue would be If it was a decent squad and they all managed to survive up till the chopper or even 3 managed Predator is at a massive disadvantage. If only one or two FT remained FT is highly screwed unless they hide the 5 minutes.

Taking away the ability to heal I also disagree with only due to in the situations where its either 4 FT are left for Predator or 1 FT is left to try to survive against a full health Predator.

To prevent hiding I would suggest a shield of some kind locking them into the general area of the chopper, healing, stamina, and energy being left alone and no instant death. But, take away self-destruct or the shield drops when Predator goes down, but can still activate self destruct.

2 Likes

Maybe shooting the chopper activates a cinematic. Heli falls and kills all FT with least health leaving 1 to do battle or the pred shots n disarms all FT weapons like that scene when JH shots Dutch before he says “Goooo, get to the choppa!”

Proceeded with the pred disarming himself. Idk, balancing would prob still be an issue

1 Like

And the entire mission is pointless now unless you add a timer in which case-

Yay FT camping.

Also time is supposed to be a Predator sided thing.

In general I don’t like the gameplay loop this brings as it’s just a last stand.

If the chopper is called your fault. If you think the missions are too short nerf the missions. Don’t make the chopper pointless.

Seriously we have missions for a reason.

Yes that won’t be annoying completely making gear useless and a waste of space.
Rip my recon with sryinges and self heal if the Pred sucks and can’t drain my resources. Now I have no resources.

Your insane :p

Wait are you saying Pred can eat dead boars? But no one else can heal just the Predator?

This feels cheap. It’s one thing to have a side win if time runs out as a back up but it feels cheap to win because you survived long enough.

All together what’s the point of this idea? Anything it accomplishes is better accomplished by changing the missions.

And no offense if I sound annoyed it’s just this idea keeps getting tossed around and I don’t like it.

1 Like

… Rip my recon for having less health.

Also rip half the team for nothing. Literally getting punished for nothing.

This sounds like a horrible idea tbh. The second this happens the FT is already put in a horrible position due to all the AI that spawned because now you’re getting fucked up without healing at all, scouts and recons are also rendered useless because they can run at all.

Preds on the other hand seem like they would have the advantage however without healing, energy regen, and more importantly stamina regen they’re completely fucked. They’d be limited only to tree hopping or regular jumping no leaping or sprinting which is a guaranteed death sentence.

Idk man this idea just limits everything too much to the point most builds would be rendered useless. It also seems like crutch for a dying pred that thinks they still have a chance at winning but in reality they’ve already lost.

1 Like

Lol OK kill off the ones who received most damage, idk just spit balling here 🤣

I think reinforcing your team should add time to the clock

1 Like

If pred gets better tracking mechanics sure.
Albeit a lone FT triggering a motion detector from 10 min ago would be neat.

No to shooting down Chopper, just a potential standoff for missing the evac window. I like the general idea of an extension for the players left behind but it should be in the preds favor. Put restocks for FT at compounds dont negate their healing, past chopper its likely everyones out of supplies anyway unless theyre a fresh reinforce anyway. But I think everyone wants supressors to be relevant.

1 Like

Testing in private matches making the match timer 30 minutes might neagate this issues but not for quick play.

Mmmno, the missions not pointless. No need to be a defeatist lol

And no, not sure how ft would be able to camp at this point considering you’d have them all in one spot out in the open. If you happen to let them get away, they’re not going to be getting anywhere far. If you’re bad at keeping track of fireteam, this implementation isn’t going to change that for you.

Time is not supposed to be a ‘predator sided thing’. If it were, it’d be shorter than 15mins as it only takes 5-8mins average to find and wipe out fireteam. If there weren’t a timer, that’s what would encourage camping.

I put a question mark next to the ones worth questioning. Fireteam gets health and ammo literally all over the map. You can’t keep expecting the game to hold everyone’s hand. If you’re out of everything by the time you can exfil, that’s on you. Play smarter.

No energy regen stops the predator from spamming plasma caster and staying cloaked. No stamina regen stops fireteam from running too far away. It’s overtime, not round 2. The point isn’t to give everyone a second chance, it’s to up the tension and run the match a little longer.

No… I’m not sure how ‘deactivated’ translates to ‘totally active’ to you lol no one gets to heal, not fireteam or the predator.

It’s not cheap. Consider no stamina regen. Fireteam has to conserve it by not running, they’ll need stamina saved for parrying. No ones going anywhere far.

The point is to add new elements to this increasingly stale game. To increase player effort on both ends. I didn’t say it’d be easy to shoot down the helicopter, but I think it should be possible. Especially because of the fact that fireteam can finish missions in less than five minutes at times, and the predator should be given a chance to force them into a standoff.

In what ways would this change the game negatively? In my opinion it forces smarter and more conservative gameplay from both perspectives. Fireteam isnt gonna wanna throw all their gear out, maybe start using suppressors again, probably focus on mission more. These things alone will give the predator a harder time since most fireteams play pretty dumb and loud… because there’s no drawback yet.

I dont think it favors anyone, which I’d like to be the focus. At this point, AI is unloading on everyone, predator can’t just hide in a tree blasting (for more than a few shots), and fireteam can’t just haul ass because their stamina isn’t coming back. Since the predator is more likely to melee they’ll need stamina for parrying too.

I dunno about self destruct because on one hand, again, fireteam can’t run far… on the other… fuck it, hes dead, right?

I feel like this addition should influence how fireteam acts in missions currently. Everyone uses health items constantly because theyre all over the place. Everyone should aim to be together at all times and at close to full health as possible by exfil. If the predator is being a cunt and eating or healing as the choppers coming, he’s not gonna have time to shoot it down… so if they want to go for overtime, they need to consider their odds because fireteams will be more prepared.

The forced area isn’t a bad idea.

Who’s being punished and how? You literally sound like you’re crying over there, u ok?

As I told the other guy, this isn’t round 2, it’s overtime. It’s not meant to give everyone a second chance or buff, it’s to end the match with high stakes and tension. Yes, predator would be smart to not jump around or sit in a tree cloaked and blasting. They should probably run up and melee fireteam because everyone is being shot at.

It’s almost like the predator would be pretty dumb to try and shoot down a chopper leaving all 4 fireteam alive though. In fact in might be in their best interest to save this option for when only one or two players are still alive.

Even if it is a crutch, does it actually give bad predators a boost? Consider extra rewards for overtime scenarios like significantly more xp and a multiplier to veritanium or something. I’m just thinking about how it could work to where no ones at an advantage but everyone still has a chance to take the win.

I’m not opposed to adding a short timer for if you miss the chopper. Thats generally my issue too lol too many games are just like damn why not just see if you an survive/kill the stragglers?

A. This is Illfonic… Do you really think its balanced?

B. It’s pressure to get the FT to do the mission rather than sniper roof camping or going really slow

If I’m out of everything then it doesn’t matter. I don’t have healing

Not to mention what are you doing as Predator letting them use med kits to heal after exfil. If supposedly they’re unable to leave exfil according to you.

Also it’s ironic that your accusing me of wanting the game to hold FT hand yet your the one who wants to literally subvert exfil process because you failed to kill the FT as well as deny them healing.

Also I was mainly talking about gear.

Since when was that a bad thing?

Running is very important for FT. It’s a way to both avoid damage and get into positions to damage the Predator.

Imagine a support. Well now congratulations pin him with arrows since he can’t do anything now. You literally taking away his only some what mobile option. No running to cover either.

This messes with the flow of combat way too much.

But it’s literally giving the Predator a second chance to kill the FT.

Why not extend the base mission? It leaves the exfil as an end all to the mission without needing to cripple both sides just to justify it’s existence.

It sounded like what you wanted was for boars to be unable to spawn but still be there to be used.

Which like I said ruins the flow of combat

And again, it punishes recons and supports.

Also I would like to note that your worried the FT will be able to go to a medkit with this…

Again what are you doing as Predator.

Then change the missions.

A. It requires multiple handicaps to even justify its existence

B. There’s a better way of doing it’s job by changing the missions and leaving the exfil as a end all be all like it should be.

So will longer missions. Without ruining the flow of combat.

No they wouldn’t suppressors do nothing.

Again longer missions and a stricter timer without the need to handicap players the the point of ruining the core gameplay.

They’ll just hide playing bow hunter

Melee still puts you in line of sight of literally everyone. It’s still useless.

HOW IS FORCE KILLING 3 FIRETEAM MEMBERS NOT PUNISHING YOU!!! HOW IS BEING KILLED NOT BEING PUNISHED!!!

Longer missions technically ruin the flow of combat. The only reason FT even actively does missions instead of chasing pred or camping the warehouse is because missions can be rushed. Why even bother swarming yourself with AI.

Hunt itself is flawed because half the mode is a tacked on AI component

2 Likes

Even if we did agree on that it wouldn’t kill it as much as removing stamina regen.

Plus the mission is what keeps the game going along.

That’s also why we need a stricter timer to put more empthesis on missions.

Then matches are even shorter with a, lets say seven minute timer.
You could make it so completing the little objectives extended the match timer but now the whole game is literally a time attack DBD genrush.

2 Likes

No the missions would still take longer they’d just have more pressure and importance to them.

That’s the point. Keep the match moving and and add value to time.

Siege actively uses the 3 minute timer as a balancing tool and it’s fun.