How have the failed to even moderate?!?!?!?

And there is the exact toxic behavior referenced at the start of the thread…
You literally just proved my point.
We just went from a fairly reasonable debate to an attack for no reason simply because I disagree with you and made an extremely valid point.

I think defending illfonic on this forum has nothing to do with toxic

2 Likes

you didn’t defend them though.
You attacked the questions I raised as:

After we had been having what I would consider a fairly reasonable debate on the topic of moderation. Simply because I brought up a point that you couldn’t dispute and proved your previous (2 posts before), statement completely invalid.

You ran out of logical arguments and then attacked the entire conversation (that you chose to join so as to disagree with my original post. Which is fine), when you had nothing else to contribute intellectually.

You didnt prove anything invalid that just what you think. You disagree with my opinion that illfonic has already take some steps to stop toxic posts and thats ok. I didnt attack your comments i attacked your post and the premise. Im not trying to attack someone personally

1 Like

You attacking the entire thread and by stating “I think the point of this thread is to shit on illfonic nothing else”, you are actually attacking me (creator of previously mentioned thread). And pretty much invalidating the entire conversation prior to that statement as it makes it apparent that you did not enter the conversation with the intent of exchanging ideas but purely to disagree with some one that was questioning the conduct of the forum owners :

So from my experience, moderators are not usually calling folks out publicly or announcing who is being punished and why and for how long.

They tend to keep that between themself and the person being moderated.

The thread is locked but perhaps still visible for folks to see that action was taken? Not sure there.

i attacked your posts omg soooo toxic

read the thread.
I never posted on it or new it existed until 44 minutes ago.
But I read through it after I was made aware, and to be perfectly honest. It sums up about 30% of threads on the forum. That’s probably a very low estimate.

Yes that sounds accurate. Maybe even a little on the conservative side to be fair.

Disagreeing is fine, we were actually having a pretty civil debate. Right up until you ran out of things to say and decided to just generalise (and attack the actual idea we were previously discussing)…
And that’s when it becomes toxic.
When thought leaves the building you’re left with nothing but Trump in the Whitehouse.

Even now you have gone from meaningful discussion to adolecent comments.

What happened to the conversation?

I went to the forums to see news on the upcoming updates or some ideas for the game but i only find those threats about how illfonic doesnt care or how much they suck making this game.

I joined the forums from the start (release) and it has its swings from bad to worse.

I truly wonder how much merit companies even put into forums now a days. Most seem to spend more time on social media anymore.

i made quick pause sorry

I gave you my honest opinion about this thread cause i already said we dont agree with eachother

Saying that your post is shit has nothing to do with something personnal it might be a little rude but thats it

1 Like

Are we defining toxic as hurt feelings? Or purposeful derailing of conversations with the intention to piss people off?

Illfonic has been tackling true toxicity and not ouchie my feelings toxicity. Illfonic had obvious more pressing issues that affect their revenue.

But I agree. A flag post option would be nice. Maybe even self governing. “X amount of flags on X posts will result in a temp mute” or something

I’m personally defining toxic as non constructive attacking behavior.

Look, I get it that Illfonic can’t please everyone and no matter where you go, there’s going to be some sort of Toxicity in the shape of Ignorant, Grammatically Challenged and just flat out Rude People.

But isn’t the purpose of a Forum to voice our Opinions, in a Civil manner of course, and exchange Ideas and favorite Things with others??

There’s too much Toxicity everywhere simply because People take advantage of the fact they can use anonymity to their advantage. And that’s the wrong reason to come here, or anywhere, and start a ruckus just because.

2 Likes

They locked a lot u can’t post in them now because of ppl being toxic

That sir, is the exact reason I started this thread.
Glad I’m not alone.

2 Likes