How to "Edge" for Hours

Edging is the practice of maintaining a heightened state of sexual arousal for an extended period of time.

By Billy Pr***da (redacted) on May 17, 2023

Edging isn’t too complicated. You’re just taking more time to slip down your slide instead of quickly cranking one out before the next Zoom call. Taking time to masturbate (redacted) is a luxury — I get it. Work, relationships (redacted), social events, getting the car fixed, keeping the kids alive, and remembering to call mom can crowd your schedule so much that getting five minutes to debug your own hard drive is a much-needed relief. But what if you binged one fewer episode of Succession (redacted) and gifted that hour to your body?

What is edging?

Edging is the practice of maintaining a heightened state of sexual arousal for an extended period of time. One rides the ‘edge’ of orgasm without letting themselves climax, periodically lowering arousal before re-approaching their peak over and over again. (For many women, that just sounds like having sex with a straight man. But edging typically results in an actual orgasm.) The culminating cum is typically much stronger than your standard O, and for those that dangle, it can be quite…voluminous.

Some might edge masochistically by denying themselves the final release. Some submissives may edge to follow instructions from their dominant, only orgasming with permission if they’ve been “good.” Edging can be part of a stroking game like Censored Hero (a rip-off of Guitar Hero where…you know). And others, like me, sometimes just enjoy absentminded multitasking masturbation. The end result is typically the same: heavy breathing, a big smile, and a bit more mess than usual.

SEE ALSO: Can you masturbate too much?

Why do people edge?

Edging usually builds more powerful orgasms. I think of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Sega Genesis. If you pressed and held the down arrow while repeatedly tapping the jump button, Sonic would curl up and spin in place really fast. If you let him charge long enough, you could release his signature Spin Dash move, blasting the furry little blue character forward with great force. That’s what it’s like to censored after several hours of stroking. “When you take your time and build up to that orgasm, it shows up stronger and lasts longer in the body,” says sex and relationships coach Keeley Rankin.

“When you take your time and build up to that orgasm, it shows up stronger and lasts longer in the body.”

Not only do those ‘charged’ climaxes send shakes throughout my body, but my man shots are bigger and shoot even further — a messier, more satisfying Spin Dash if you will. A quick orgasm just “doesn’t carry very far,” Rankin adds.

“I think everyone would benefit from extending their self boink practice,” says Rankin. “More time masturbating means more time to be curious to try new things.” Experiment with a different grip. Get into a different position. Go into your pleasure drawer and add a boink toy to the mix. You could even film yourself polishing the banister and send it as part of a steamy self boinking sesh. Don’t be afraid to get creative! Your tried and true methods will still be right there when you need them.

c’mon wat?

1 Like