How would YOU reboot the Predator franchise?

No, no, no. I wouldn’t change anything in the Pred / Alien universe, it’s perfect as is.

All I want is proper movies. For example I’d love to see Yautja origin movie, the enslavement by the Amengi, the rebellion and how the Hish finally became the Predators we know today. I also want to see how they live outside the hunt, how is their day to day life on Yautja Prime for example, that is so interesting to me.

Different time era movies would be cool as well. Like the classes in game, a movie about samurai predator in Japan or Viking in Norway, that would be very cool.

Totally kills any sense of mystery or fear of the pred the more we empathize with them

1 Like

Forever mystery with no explanation of anything is worse.

I wouldn’t. I have said before I’d do a prequel. Not the crap they are about to release. It would focus on Hoppers team, sent by Dillon to check out strange happenings in the jungle. The predator would be the original JH pred. He does his usual hunt. The team slowly dies. In between they meet people in Anna’s village who tell them the old stories of men being found skinned.

In the end Hopper is killed by JH and while JH is taking his trophy he hears distant rotor blades. We see the chopper approach. It’s Dutch, Blain etc. The chopper door opens, we get a brief look at them, back to JH, he stops his grim work, cloaks, leaves to investigate. That’s it.

1 Like

Wasn’t her village the terrorists? 😁 I could see them sitting down for a coffee with the very people they are there to get intel on

Objectively false.

Do you enjoy not knowing what happens after death for example? This is the same, would be an absolute boring concept if you never get any answers, it would just be all action and no story with no context.

We’re talking about the Predator though, not existentialism. The more we see and learn about the Predator the less effect he has in terms of delivering a serious plot. Shit gets silly the more you explain, like Michael Meyers being the result of some cult ritual, or the force being a matter of space chromosomes.

People don’t use their brains anymore because they expect all questions to be answered. That dampens imagination. After all, it’s the question of what happens after you die that consumes people, not the answers we’re given. People turn atheist poking holes in their own religions but that question never loses its weight.

2 Likes

I’m tired of imagining other’s people half finished stories, if you have a story to tell, tell it fully, not half ass it.

As I said I want to know how the Yautja live day to day when they’re not hunting, how their language and technology works, what is their view of the universe, do they have philosophy, do they even understand what it is or art etc… That is beyond interesting for me…

yeah I want 7 years a yautja and we watch them eat and sleep & talk with subtitles in a cheesy villager documentary

who wants mystery oh no

You’d be a horrible script / story writer :)

There’s so much potential here.

They arent going to rationalize any of that ever because its a sentient species that kills other sentient species for fun B movie slasher villain, the other half is a klingon ripoff that isnt expanded upon or committed to at all & halo already took their idea and made invisible space samurai properly.

Fox dgaf about pred.

If they can rationalise fun, they can rationalise a lot more human like emotions. As I said, the potential is there for a very interesting deep Yautja culture, backstory, life movie / book.

cats think torturing mice is exciting and are incapable of feeling pity because it’s a nonhuman brain.

same applies here.

The end.
Stop trying to self-insert into Predator as predator socrates and shit lmao.

People who try to humanize slasher villain aliens take away everything alien about them.

Fatcs i don’t think a deep lore movie is a good idea if anything it would only be kool if its following thier hunts bit even then the dialouge becomes an issue with out it comin of corny

1 Like

They don’t really say in the original. The guerrillas might be fighting their own government. All we see is one guy executing a hostage, so yeah they ain’t nice. Also just because she works for the guerilla fighters doesn’t mean her village does. And it’d be a similar situation to when Dutch frees Anna so they can work together, they have a common enemy at that point.

Yes. The preds lost some of that horror factor the more we learned about them. In the first 2 movies you don’t learn much at all.

Have to disagree. They wouldn’t be scary anymore. Imagine Alien but you see the xeno chilling in the air vent smoking a cigar while reading parasite monthly magazine. It’s what you don’t see that makes a scary movie creature. All that other stuff you want should be reserved for books.

So it could have been like the guerrillas scene in the suicide squad? Dutch and his team wiped out the good guys? 😄

Except one of the best episodes of doctor who is midnight. You never figure out what the creature or entity was and you’re left with a horrifying mystery which is WHY that episode is so great imho.

Or in the example of 40k, the 2 lost primarchs have all kinds of fun fan theories. What exactly is lurking in the ghoul stars and halo stars? What are the Emperor’s true origins? Asking it all to be explained is boring, but leaving it open invites all kinds of creativity from the fan base.