I have a confession boys...

Did you also like the syfy quality CGI so bad man. Doesn’t matter Disney will destroy the canon soon

I didn’t even think of that! The Predator might actually go down as a good movie by the time Disney is done with the franchise.

Predator 2018 doesn’t even feel like a predator movie lol

I didnt mind the predator movie tbh but maybe that’s down to how I perceived it in relation to the others.

I didnt see the whole genetic harvesting thing as taking away from everything else we know, I just took it that the ones harvesting DNA were the super predators who have no honor code. Yeah the whole autism thing was really stupid lol, I tried to ignore that part but the idea of that huge ass mega predator was kind of cool.

Yes the predator killer armor was lame, wouldve been better if they just sent us some kind of data drive that explained the plasma caster technology ect that we had to decode or something. Would kind of make sense if they were seeing it as evening the playing field considering how the mega predator can shit on a regular predator even with all his technology.

The one thing that does worry me is what it says about the direction the franchise is going in. Predator iron man suit wars vs predator doomsday is a long way off from what kick started everything.

1 Like

Update: I watched Predators and The Predator again with more lore knowledge under my belt. While I still enjoy The Predator, Predators is much more enjoyable… my issue with Predators is the awful cast and dialogue. Otherwise it’s the superior movie.

He didn’t send the tech to his house mate he sent it to a p.o box but he hadn’t paid his bill and it was redirected to his house.
the casting in both those movies, 2010 and 2018 weren’t the best. Adrian brody wasn’t good casting at all but he grew on me the more I watched but 2018 was a shit show. Shane Black is a hit or a miss man at making movies, he always has somewhat of a similar formula he follows and the humor in his movies doesn’t always land. He actually got more credit in the 87 movie than he had because he was only consulted on a few things he didn’t do that much screenplay wise and let’s face it, his jokes were terrible, he was the weakest actor in that whole movie, his character was the least interesting and he was the first to be killed for a reason.

The 87 pred was magic in a bottle that hasn’t been able to be successfully matched, personally I watch pred 2 and regard it as a decent sequel, people went into it expecting arnie and they got glover, but besides arnie, glover is in second place to me at least. Predators miscast on alot of it but it was at least building the universe ut sadly the longer the intellectual property has went the more chefs are in the kitchen. As soon as it was announced pred 2018 was being made by Shane Black I lost pretty much all optimism

The original script for 2018 had me curious but it was tanked. The whole preds being outcast and working with humanity was different, I read that it was to be fleshed out that they would let them go into warzones and claim trophies or warlords etc, which again was different, since Kevin Peter Hall the preds have never looked right, they look too small compared to the OG. The 2018 was destroyed before it had a chance. Originally Michael jai white was going to be Royce but they went with adrien brody instead? Ooooook. Walton goggins? Good actor but out of place, topher grace? Jesus. Now if you took boyd halbrook, Thomas Jane and various others it would make a better cast. Wishful thinking though. The original script for 2010 had intended to feature arnie and glover aswell but they turned it down

I liked both movies

I’m glad for the reboot they’re overlooking the 2018 movie but I rly liked the super pred idea and I hope he’s still a thing

I just hope they keep the design for the Pred masks the same lol. They should keep the language script as well. Wait… I hope they don’t change anything with regard to the Predators original design. New script would be cool though.

If tarantino pens it then it’s a high probability 95% of the movie will be dialogue 😁. Could be a chance of Robert Rodriguez stepping in on some level again aswell. It can’t be any worse than the predator but I do think all the studio interference sunk that ship. Hell at this point they should go balls to the wall and let James Cameron have a bash at it or better yet give John mctiernan the job. Arnie would return with him at the helm. Give us a direct sequel of the original or pred 2 and get Dutch his deserved screen return and arnies swann song

1 Like

You are just fucking with us to see who will scream louder?

No, I genuinly enjoyed The Predator. Again, I’m not saying it was a great movie that doesn’t deserve the hate that it gets. I’m saying I enjoyed it and thought it was good when compared to Predators when most people seem the say that Predators is a good movie. I’m not going to defend it because it’s NOT a good movie… PERSONALLY it is. The Predator is an enjoyable C movie with an A budget and I’m tired of pretending I don’t like it.