I need tips on playing as predator.

Hey buds, the last update made it so that there’s a handful of things that will absolutely make the game crash, if you don’t want your investment to make you hate everything predator I would seriously take the Clown’s advice. the game is great just be patient and let them fix it it shouldn’t take long for them to get a hot fix

1 Like

Thank you good Sir. Lol its I’m ok with being the dude with joker as his profile lol

1 Like

@Predators1234 He does have good point I’d honestly just look at his and then try and stalk people and wait for them to do interacts. And YouTube

1 Like

You on PC or PS4? I’d be happy to share some insights for you on both sides to help get you comfortable with the game.

PSN - Khihendron

1 Like

@Predators1234

Ft is usually most vunarble when there dealing with alot of ai, and that is usually a good time to attack.

ALSO accept your going die in this game.

2 Likes

@Predators1234
Very true. I love seeing them go down all at once because they focused to much on me then bam kill all AI then long claims… also shooting barrel’s as predator if they try running away from your long range. Its best to hit them a bit then when they are abput to die they will run by one since barrels are near the health and objectives. ive downed so many ft with them shits satisfying with the plasma pistol. Delayed explosions with arrows and wrist launcher

2 Likes

Lol “you people”, I’ve been playing this game since launch and have rode out all the bullshit. We’re still experiencing bugs that have been going on since launch. It’s been what 5-6 months of the same shit and every time the game breaking bugs get fixed they come right back the next patch. You can only have such a positive attitude about this for so long. if I never gave a damn about this game then I wouldn’t even be here at all.

This guy is new and @Killachriz96 was giving him realistic view of the game because it’s only a matter of time before he encounters the same bullshit too and is on here mentioning it and the moment he does I guarantee you someone will just tell him to git gud and adapt and ignore the issues. Also if you don’t think the balance of the game is heavily skewed in the FTs favor to the point that any new pred would get melted in seconds then I don’t know what to tell you.

3 Likes

Git gud!!!

3 Likes

It’s been a while how you been man.

2 Likes

There he is…and there goes the neighborhood

3 Likes

Man ive missed you… 😂😂

1 Like

Yes “you people” Read the rest of that sentence and see what I’m talking about. I’ve been here since the start and i don’t see all this bullshit you’re looking for to complain about. Bugs come with the update, and get patched out as they figure out what’s causing it. Its not like you can Ctrl+F and type in parry glitch to find it. And what happens if they hold off releasing content while they try and hunt down the bug? You’ll be back on here complaining that there is a lack of content. They promised Content this month, and they are following through on their promise.

Its a cynical point of view, not realistic, and if he asked about that, that be fine. But he didn’t. Its everywhere else on the forum if he wanted to see. He asked for tips. You know, helping out fellow players so they can get the most out of the game they bought? Help him adapt his style to the game, get him good. New preds get melted in seconds no matter the update. Its part of learning how to play pred. You start off thinking in terms of CoD, die, and learn and get better. I still don’t think the FT is more powerful than that first Pred nerf.

1 Like

No one would complain if they said they wanted to focuse on bug fixes.

1 Like

@Predators1234 , While my input would be basically be regurgitated retellings of what already been said, we are happy to have you on the Fourms and in the Game. Glad to hear you are having fun.

3 Likes

Hi been here since day 1, play fire team until you get an idea what The fire team will be doing. You’ll get to a point you can look around and tell what mission they are on.

Welcome to the forums. Right before a patch drops and generally for a few days after. Some our members get rather high strung. Just be patient read through threads that interest you and you’ll figure out who’s in their feelings during patch time.

1 Like

i’ve been doing guides for a while it’s been a bit since i’ve updated this due to time lacking but i’m gonna be playing alot today probably so just give this a read you’ll probably learn alot
i know some of the numbers are inaccurate now like the stick i know does like 110 when thrown and probably 128? with buffs i think and obv the sickle was buffed and samurai and alpha are melee predators now like the berzerker and uh the viking has the highest melee % dmg buff of all the classes

3 Likes

How can you be at level “300” and say this game “sucks”. How many hours have you played it? Why did you spend so many hours playing it? Because it was bad? Are you insane, why would you play a game that is not fun?

1 Like

Cuz it got worse from illfinics incompetence ya DOOF

1 Like

Maybe watch some Predator gameplay and see how players do to win matches?

When I was starting I watched some vids from Shifo youtube channel, then started recording matches as well, if you want to take a look the channel is Samhain13.

Most videos are from before all the Predator nerfs, so things are harder now lol.

Right now some stuff I do:

Set off the alarms in all camps that you can at the start of the match, the AI can do some good damage to the fireteam, they can be the Predator’s greatest ally on this game. Waiting for the fireteam to be fighting the AI to attack is smart move. Oh use target isolation at the start too.

Easiest way to take them out is by targeting the ones that happen to be alone or busy doing something else of course, don’t melee rush if the fireteam is all together, and even if you happen to get one down, claiming him right away might not be best idea, even if its a quick one. Doing some fast melee attacks then jumping away fast can be an option with you want a melee build, you will get one down eventually.

Careful to not get stuck, some building/rooms that only have one door are deathtraps, the fireteam can easily block the way, then you can’t leave and are probably dead. If they are camping inside, use the plasma caster, the splash damage is good against that.

Kills any piggies that you see, they will be marked on the map if you need to eat them later.

Destroy first aids or ammo craits you see with the plasma caster.

If your health is getting too low, just fall back and recover. Getting second wind will only slow the hunt even more.

Something usefull is getting one guy down then using him as bait instead of claiming him, jump away, get a good spot, and with long range damage the others that try to help him down.

Or kill the guy really fast while he is down with spear throw, arrows or plasma, so the fireteam stays in a disadvantage with only 3 members. I have sacrificied my second wind for that a few times and it worth it, best after the reinforcements though. Placing traps near the guy is good too, but the best place for traps is where they are calling the reinforcements, when they come back they will be trapped right away.

If you get parried move/ jump away and you can try hitting again from the sides or back of the guy, or just shot him with something.

Large Pouch is good sure, but sometimes you get luck in a match and kill like 3 pigs are the start, so you might not even need the 4 medkits.

The Warclub is terrible, don’t use that thing. Elder Sword is a great melee weapon, Spear is not as good but it can be used for long range too so there is that. The bow can be great at close range, shoot close, jump away, repeat.

Other tips might depends on which loadout you want to try as Predator.

Adrenal Boost, Fearless or Impenetrable are good if you want a melee build, for long range: Energy Cell, Downrange. Usually Scouts work better for range and Berserkers for close combat but you can still mix things up.

I think the best Predator class right now is probably City Hunter looking at the stats.