Idea for Hunt Mode - Invasion by STGZ

I was writing in another thread about having extra STGZ NPC’s that could be bonus objectives. It got me to thinking about STGZ reaction to Voodoo and their antics. One of the missions even has us assassinate 3 of these dangerous individuals. The problem I’m having is that even if we do introduce new bots that way (which I still want), it won’t be as satisfying as being against a person.

So to fix that issue, I want to suggest allowing a fifth human to enter the game. They’ll start at the same time as everyone else but will be one of the NPC skins, the Recon Sniper, the Commander Assault, the Support Tank, or the Scout Stalker (don’t know it they have a Scout NPC, can’t recall one.) You’ll still pick your load-out, perks, gear, guns but the Skins will likely be just varied versions of the NPC’s. Something may be automatically added, like a perk that makes you less obvious to the Predator, but some selection should remain for personalizing your Invader.

You Invade a match by selecting it as the STGZ option in the pop up menu for FT, Pred or random. You will spawn at the first objective and have a brief window to prepare (traps would be useful but they should only get what normal FT can take, so we need some traps as gear or secondaries).

• Alarms, I don’t think they should be able to trigger them or destroy them. There can be a penalty if you do trigger one, maybe high temperature like from LMS’ing to discourage it.
  • Predator, you can fight the Predator but it isn’t actually you’re goal. In stead, what I suggest is that if you mark him, nearby NPC’s will engage. This allows you to use them as a distraction, you’re worth extra points to the Predator dead and claimed, so don’t get caught. No one is going to save you and you’re all alone out there.
  • Goal, it’s simple. Kill the FT who have superior firepower.
  • Guns, “wait you’re just said that FT have superior firepower, what do you mean Slasher?”, the STGZ character you play only gets either, one Primary weapon with no secondary or two secondaries. Both option give you limited ammo. On top of that all damage you do is reduced as if the FT have the Body Armour Perk.
  • Perks, assuming you do have a catch all perk that lessens a Predators awareness of you. You still get 2, choose wisely as they are likely you’re best bet for survival.
  • Gear, not sure how to balance this without testing it. Some gear like smoke make sense, others like grenades might be too powerful.

Another game I play has a feature like this. It allows one player to up the paranoia of the other 4 and was my favourite part of that game. You’re actually significantly weaker than the 4 as they can all do things you can’t and have more stamina. But if you play it well you can have lots of fun skirting that line of getting caught and ejected from the match. I see this as something similar. The STGZ agent you play is there to stop the FT but from the second you make yourself known, your a target.
The Pred has every reason to kill you and so do the FT. Are you up to it, can STGZ count on you to stop these constant attacks on their operations?

2 Likes

Or dead ft that can’t respawn anymore

It would encourage players to stay in the whole game

1 Like

Setting off the alarm shouldnt really penalize you, that makes no sense.

You should have some kind of superior weapon or gear.
Not much. But 1 time or 2 time use.

They shouldnt have limited ammo.

Why?
Cause what if we add the option for pred to kill this special human, and extract?

As long as you kill a worthy foe, why continue?

This way theres an incentive to kill this guy and not team up with him.
Though, because of how I am, I’d seek them out and team up with them to kill the ft.

Cause you know, the ft are scum.
And il gladly let this stargazer guy finish the ft off after I down them.

Fuck the ft. Fuck ft mains lol.
Scum of the earth. Fucking disgusting.

1 Like

It’s a balancing measure so they don’t just do that and make the game unnecessarily hard on the FT. The NPC’s are their allies but think of them as contractors who only get paid if they get the kills.

This isn’t a power role like Predator, it’s an added difficulty modifier on the match and should be challenging for even excellent FT players to play, as your solo and not as well equipped.

Some piece of gear, that lets you spawn AI could be fine, that gives the option of spawning in a crew but not using the alarms. Would that be fairer in your mind?

Say half of what a FT member carries, they can use all the same resources as FT. So there’s nothing stopping them from using up the ammo bags on the map.

I was thinking a Vert bonus based on how much damage this invader inflicts on the FT or Predator. I mean the Predator could kill them and then let the FT leave but killing them isn’t a win condition in it’s self.

That goes for most of the rest of your questions, they’re a bonus objective or claim. Not the point of the match. You don’t want to let the invader kill the FT because that is the invaders win condition and the Pred loses if they kill the last FT member.

———

Maybe, I’m not completely opposed but think it works better as an invasion with a set win condition to encourage it to be played a certain way and not as a bonus Pred attacker.