If you love the Predator franchise... Then Over here

In this thread feel free to talk about all things Predator. It can be about the movies, the comics, the novels, the video games. It can be a ‘who would win’ discussion, it can be about the lore, it can be your favourite Predator related memes, it can be your ranking of the Predator franchise, it could be your favourite Predators, or characters, your favourite piece of soundtrack, your favourite scene(s). It can literally be anything and everything, Predator related.

I hope this brings the community together to talk about the thing that really brought us all together in the first place - our love for the Predator franchise.

Also, the video I linked below isn’t mine, but it is a great representation and tribute, to the Predator movies. Let me know what you think down below👍

Feel free to start any discussion in here about literally anything to do with Predator. But please remember the following guidelines:

• Keep respectful
  • Don’t turn debates into full-blown arguments
  • Please don’t derail the thread with meaningless banter and memes non Predator related (banter is ok, just not really stupid back and forths)
  • Honour other people’s opinions
  • PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE

Happy Hunting everybody, I hope you all have fun in here and enjoy👍

JungleHunter f1ba0ea00305caa3a6d3b2e82df3d748 jungle-hunter-regular-predator-1-3-scale-prime1-bunker158-16 onwxb2ph5h781 y3s36bcird681 cwap59hf5h781 949296de82e3ad911ecb68ed619f540b images images (1)

4 Likes

Late 90’s and early 2000’s I think were the golden age for this franchise. And Alien. Had the OG AvP games, comics, etc. Truly a great time

1 Like

I’m sorry for bringing up the worst movie in the predator franchise but I forget, how did the big predator die, also what’s his name I didn’t bother trying to remember.

1 Like

It started by being mutilated by the shield of his own ship. In the end, I believe a gunshot? He was the Assassin Predator.

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Yep he dies in a pathetic why, hit by various stuff (shield, his own wirstblade from his cutted arm) and in the end shot in the face numerous times

it’s called both Assassin and Upgraded I belive, but Assassin is more used.

1 Like

Predators is a underrated part of the franchise and if you disagree, you’re just wrong.

7 Likes

I personally think that Predators is a great movie, buy it would have bin better if falconer didn’t die to a man with 4 fingers and a sword.

1 Like

Predators had the most trap setting and stalking/hunting since P1. The rest of the franchise and AVP movies just forgot about that entirely & preds just spent all their time jumping blindly into groups of enemies or killing a bunch of randoms on a subway.

1 Like

Love that movie

1 Like

Predators it’s so good, the more I watch it the best it gets

only problem for me is, that they made the Supers “not very super”
I mean, two of them die immediately and Berserker get almost beaten by Captured

if it was for me I would have made Tracker or Falconer survive their deaths, wounded, and be defeated in battle by Captured: then Berserker arrives and defeats Captured easly showing his super-iority.

2 Likes

Yeah sometimes I genuinely have to decide which one I prefer to watch at the time between Predators 2010 and the original 1987 movie. I love them both. The original movie takes the win for me though of course but the 2010 movie is very, very enjoyable aswell.

Oh and on the Tracker and Falconer maybe not dying so easily, I have genuinely considered making a build in this game on: What if Falconer didn’t die? What if he just passed out from injury, and got back up later? After all you wouldn’t exactly expect a Predator to die from 3 or 4 slashes from a katana, let alone what were dubbed “Super Predators” in the movie.

I have also hatched a theory and semi-recreation of the Crucified Predator Vs Berserker/Mr Black Predator, if Royce had stayed to help Crucified Predator fight Mr Black. After all, Crucified nearly won by himself after being strung up for weeks anyway, with a broken mask, dysfunctional cloaking system, and only using his bare hands and wrist blades. While Mr Black used Plasma to disorient and hurt Crucified. Also, Royce only needed help to kill Mr Black from a well aimed Sniper shot from Isabelle in Mr Black’s back.

When you think about it, Crucified Predator and Royce would’ve in my opinion been able to kill Mr Black if they had teamed up, and escaped the Game Preserve Planet.

It also begs the question, how much more of a badass would the Crucified Predator have been, if he hadn’t been strung up for weeks, tortured and had damaged equipment? Especially as in the prequel comic, it is shown that to even capture him in the first place, it took Mr Black, Falconer and Tracker’s hounds.

It is also for this reason and of course the realms of ‘What if?’ and possibility, that I believe the Crucified/Captured Predator, may have been even more badass than the original Jungle Hunter of '87.

1 Like

Wow, crucified sounds like a badass. Why did illfonic make him a fucking copy of JH87.

1 Like

I totally agree about an hypothetical victory of Royce and Capured vs Berserker, as you said Captured alone, tired, weakened and with broken equipment, stood is ground pretty well,
with Royce on his side he would certanly have won
(in my opion the only real reason Berserker/Mr.Black won was really because of his “better” equipement in comparison to Captured)

and here’s, again, my only issue with the movie: Berserker, a super yautja, struggled against a “classic” Predator.

Anyway, Predaator 1987 is better movie objectively speaking, but I personally do prefer to watch Predators (2010), I just have more fun with it, the design are sick, Royce is my favorite human character, and the Hanzo-Falconer fight is a dream came true.

About how Falconer dies… well I do agree on this too, he could have passed out for the injury but survived (probably to be killed later by Isabelle and Royce),
but even if we saw yautjas survive tougher things (City being shot and losing an arm, Berseker getting hit by a bunch of granades-) a katana is a sharp and penetrating weapon, and not knowing yautja anatomy Falconer might have easly been slashed on a vital point.

1 Like

Yeah the Super Predators should have been made more considerably powerful than the “Classic” Predator, or I believe if they had simply dubbed them “Bad Bloods”, then that hole would be filled better, as Bad Bloods aren’t necessarily more badass Predators, just more ruthless, due to their lack of honour, of which the Super Predators (at least Mr Black and Tracker) are shown to display. Falconer seemed like a perfectly normal, honourable Predator due to his very great duel with Hanzo which I believe was one of the things the 2010 movie did better than the original.

Also it is a genuine possibility that Falconer got back up and found Royce and Isabelle as the in-game version of Isabelle is shown to wear Falconer’s biomask on her back. It may just not have been stated in the original lore.

And true yes Falconer could’ve actually been slashed on a vital organ which is a good point, which some people have also raised the question about the small contraption of armour over his stomach. Some people theorise that it may be to protect a vital Yautja organ, so it is all within the realms of possibility.

1 Like

What is your opinion on the City Hunter’s cake?

1 Like

Yeah I know man. The Crucified Predator is one of my favourites in all continuum due to these reasons.

Also Illfonic haven’t even made the real Captured Predator as his in-game description (whether intentionally or not) says “This Predator wears the mask of the Captured Predator” so it may not even be the true Crucified Predator we know.

He isn’t even that accurate to the 2010 appearance anyway as he doesn’t actually have the tube leading from his pack to his left wrist gauntlet, and he also has a slightly different Plasma Caster design. His face is also of course different, and more resembling to the Default male Hunter in the game, just with the Jungle Hunter skin pattern. His mask is also lighter in the movie, not dark.
8482a0ae8965a6cdcfc50ad4fe19f0f4

The armour is also a bit lighter but just has more noticeable scar marks compared to the game version.

Due to these differences with attention to detail, it is very possible that Illfonic only quite genuinely intended for this to be a Jungle Hunter Clan member/Clone instead of the Crucified Predator of the 2010 movie.

I myself have both the Jungle Hunter and Captured Predator and I use both of them as I still love the Predator from the 2010 movie. I do prefer the armour and the necklace of the Jungle Hunter in game, but the Captured mask may take the close win for me on that one I think🤔

Oh and another thing to note:
The Jungle Hunter and Crucified Predator both have longer Predlocks than are depicted in the game.

JungleHunter
The only actual differences between the two in game are that Captured has dirtier armour, ripped thermal netting, his Mythical trophies are situated in a different place (slightly lower down below the tear in the netting) , no bone necklace, and of course his mask is a darker texture and damaged.

The Jungle Hunter has shiny armour, a bone necklace, a shiny undamaged mask, and no ripped netting.

Yeah I find it funny when people argue that mr.black could beat wolf but was almost beat by captured in a weakens state. Also I definitely would’ve preferred they just have been dubbed badbloods and mr.black just be the strongest of the 3 and a different color instead of supposedly being “super” and have that messed up face.

1 Like

Yeah man that’s the thing that bugs me too. Either they are saying simultaneously that Crucified Predator is a badass, but Mr Black beat him so is more badass, and so therefore he can take on Wolf.

I personally only believe Mr Black’s skill level as a ranking of Yautja would be mid-high Blooded rank. Technically speaking he is a Clan Leader of the Super Predators but that is only because he left his original Clan to Hunt in the ways of a Bad Blood. The Jungle Hunter was a Blooded rank Yautja, and died to a human. The City Hunter was Young Blood/Newly Blooded and died to a human, the AVP Hunting Trio were all Young Bloods and a Newly Blooded and died to a more deadly Xenomorph individual and a Xenomorph Queen, Tracker was a Bad Blood Super Predator of presumably around Blooded rank and died to a large explosion, Falconer was a Super Predator who was likely a Young Blood due to his lack of Plasma Caster and died to a katana wielding human, Mr Black was supposedly a Clan Leader of Super Predators who is presumably around Blooded rank and died to 2 humans whilst slightly weakened from a fight with another Predator, Crucified died to another Predator after being strung up on a totem and tortured for weeks, and Wolf was an Elite Rank Predator who was in a stalemate with a Predalien and then died to a fucking nuke!🤣

The difference in deaths can draw a picture alone for that.

Overall I think Wolf would beat Mr Black easily if they were both at full fighting potential and weaponry. In hand-to-hand combat with only wrist blades Wolf would win hands down IMO.

A closer fight would be Wolf Vs Crucified at full fighting potential and strength with only wrist Blades and bare hands.

Also bear in mind that it took Mr Black, Falconer and Tracker’s hounds to even capture Crucified Predator in the first place. I honestly believe that the Crucified Predator is possibly more badass than the Original Jungle Hunter of '87 if we had more information and backstory showcasing his feats.

3 Likes

Concrete Jungle needs a major remake