Illfonic, a moment of your time and consideration please

Illfonic, may I request a buff more the Hand Held Plasma Caster to return it to its former glory to give Predators one more viable weapon for fighting good Fireteams. All you have to do is look at the comparison in gameplay quality between these two versions of the plasma pistol from different points in the game’s lifecycle.

After all the Fireteam’s best weapon is a pistol, so why not have the same trend for the Predators?

What do you players think? Do you think this would be a way to balance out the game just a bit more? Thank you for your time Illfonic and players👍

5 Likes

I remember hopping around with the old plasma pistol, actually got the build idea from a BTL vid xD I would love it if they buffed the speed back up between shots and brought the damage up a notch. Running Scout with adrenal boost and just hopping and shooting, man those were fun times.

2 Likes

I do agree with buffing plasma pistol, I would also appreciate it if they nerfed the damage of grimtech and 1011

1 Like

Yeah back in the day I used to use the plasma pistol so much and is was the best, most fun weapon to use in the game. I started to use after creating my first attempt at a Wolf Predator build and then shortly after, people like Bloodthirstylord started uploading videos about it. Fun times indeed 😂

Yeah I totally agree, the 1011-12 can second wind a Predator with one full clip if you are Scout Duelist with Yautjas Bane and you have the additional sprint damage increase. It’s the most OP weapon in the Fireteam’s arsenal😂

3 Likes

Just give them a plasma rifle already.

They don’t read forum

They balance for potatoes, a big mistake that turns itself into a paradox

If you balance for end-game, which is ultimately where every player is going to end up, you won’t have balancing problems, you’ll just have whiny potatoes.

Look at Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, Bloodborne, Turok(2008), hell any high skill cap game. You’ve got people that refuse to adapt and end up leaving and then you have those who adapted. If we look into these games, they’re as balanced as they’re going to get and keep players coming back despite being older games. Well, besides Turok. Not too many people know about that one any more but the point still stands. It grew to be a high skill cap game and, at least in my time, players loved it.

Anyway, balance for end-game and players will adapt. Can’t balance for people that’ll play for a few days and refuse to get good.

1 Like

My OG Scout build was Adrenal, Long Jump, and Mod-Reserve with HHPC and Bow.
It was a Blasty Blast but now its basically just a back up weapon in case of overload or if you run out of arrows(temporarily of course) or you chucked the spear and dont want to have them trace the laser back to you…which is sad because it was a Great Weapon, but that put it in the pile of things that made FT mains cry like sissies cuz they weren’t being spoon fed wins, and now like all the other formally good weapons its multicolored and shoots little pieces of foam with suckers glued on.