Illfonic – just a quick suggestion

I have noticed that the backpacks with plasma casters and wrist-blades with their holsters are separate objects. Maybe its worth considering allowing us to have them interchangeable? Like 87’s predator backpack with his plasma caster or his wrist-blades on a scout or hunter class model and vice versa(that actually was the case before 1.08 patch with 87’s pred)? Maybe even an option to have those slots clear (for hard-cores going in rough) I know this is not a top priority or maybe even not desired at the moment by literally anyone, but giving us an option with male/female interchangeable dreadlocks also wasn’t – and look how much happiness did it pumped in to this wee community. Just a thought

3 Likes

Dear Noktrum,
We agree.

Lol no letter this time stuff like that would be cool. Accessories!!!

I know right? Kind off cosmetics but still would give us some extra options to make our predator trully ours… not making much sense there, but I’m sure my point is valid XD

1 Like

Nah it makes perfect sense. That’s also why I want different stances and attack types for weapons. To see if we could get some uniqueness going on.

Yours is way more easy I think.
Mine would require a hell of a lot of work.
Youd have to balance each one, make sure all options are good and viable, ect.

Like you had unlocable finishing moves in F13th… that would be awsome

1 Like

You’re first post was clear.

And yes it is very much wanted by me. Being able to clear the wrist blade or cannon slot would be awesome.

I’d also really like cosmetics or alternate gear for those slots. Examples below.

Cosmetics

• Animal skins with the head over the shoulder where the cannon was.
  • Bones ie. bleached skulls, carved symbols, or dream catcher like sculpture.
  • Flags for a capture the flag mode, this can be a game played by young Yautja.

Alternate Gear

• Bear Trap Launcher, actually capable to launch any of the Pred’s gear but designed for larger traps.
  • An active scanner, something that lets you track and gives you added vision modes or capacity ie. zoom, target lock, health read outs on FT.

The wrist slot provides opportunity for alternative gear as well.

• A shield, this can passively absorb bullets or defect them, it could also recharge the Yautja by converting the impact energy into usable energy.
  • The Harpoon, a single wrist blade that can be fired.
  • The Dart used in part two on the drug guys that is recovered by the humans.
  • Extra Smart Disc.
  • a Flash gun, that creates a blinding light either for escape or attack. Most likely only effects those directly in front and looking at you.
1 Like

Jesus… you have a whole master plan setup for something I thought is a insignificant piece of shit of an idea I had XD

How about Falconner falcon-drone in place of plasma caster backpack? It would force you to make a choice - what is it you want to do on your hunt - stalk or snipe

That’s good, the falconer thing. I’d like that.

Thank you, I ummm, have a problem. Everything I read leads to more ideas which then lead to more, and then I have to figure out how they all fit together. It’s a problem. So I make suggestions for games I like.

The game has a crazy amount of potential. It’s mostly just needs to steadily add things to be successful. Dbd was not a huge success out the gate, they grew their player base. The things they should be able to do in a year, should get us to a place where adding bigger more complicated things is possible.

I even went and checked if any of the jobs illfonic has available would require someone like that. But I have none of the qualifications and the story people aren’t hiring just the people who make it all work.

Thank you for the compliment regardless, most people on forums are threatened or intimidated by my posts.

1 Like

No problem, a bunch of good ideas there!
Problem is Illfonic will probably ignore… like always…

1 Like

The way I look at it is two fold. First they might read our suggestions and be inspired with their own, the way yours inspired mine. Second, it might take months from the time you post and idea, till it gets brought up at some meeting or read on some list. Then it gets changed by the process of figuring out the code or where it fits in the general balance.

Things take time basically and it’s not like they’re obligated to let us know what they think about every idea. (Or any idea really.)

Robo just posted this on genaral and him and his buddy are able to equip wristblades and back pacc to diff preds wtffff

1 Like