Illfonic lied

huh never happened to me once yet.

I would like to test this out with a bunch of variables, on console controllers specifically.

• Dragging Analog Sticks (Very common for people who play ALOT of games, like many of us) its a dirt, wear and tear issues but it can be super subtle that unless you play high sensitivity settings or 0%/minimal Dead Zones on sticks you don’t notice it but if you do you aim or avatar drags in a direction a bit, enough to break cloak without doing it yourself on purpose?

• Switching Weapons or Gear, sometimes frequently (because stick drag makes weapon wheels the most annoying thing ever.

• Aiming On/Off Different Weapons

• Using Weapons

• Using Different gear/Equipment. Aiming too.

• The aiming pose “spin” when you turn around to aim behind you.

• Healing while

• The Blood appearance and trail / gushes

2 Likes

I know that. I’m on PS4 I hadn’t moved in about 25 seconds cuz I watched them cross the river and was waiting

1 Like

I’ll just have to keep recording till it happens again

2 Likes

Have your settings adjust so you save vid clips according to preset time clip you want.

Something happen? Save the clip and (for me on my settings its 15 mins) it will save everything that happened previous.

That way you dont have to hit record manually and hope it happens again.

1 Like

I had the whole fireteam walking around as they randomly fire to try and find me, little did they know i was next to them not in the trees lol. My predator loves to make mating calls.

Please have solid proof before throwing out these accusations.

To be fair I didnt even know how to record till yesterday

It happens all the time… Get spotted even though crouched and still and not gotten hit. Lagg can do it I guess, given that the ping bounces around like crazy between matches.
Stealth overall is highly unreliable, sometimes you can sit right next to people and they cant find you. Other times they find you right away no problem from a hundred metres away even though yer still as a statue.

IMO, Preds make too many noises. I can track a pred from almost half a map away just by the clicks.

1 Like

If you 360 pivot… its considered a move

Yea it’s been said a billion times before but they gotta reduce the sounds coming from the main man. I don’t want them removed completely as it’s pretty cool hearing em as a Ft member knowing ur being watched, but I think they’re slightly too directional and slightly too frequent.

As for this thread, Iv tried spotting an invisible Pred with no luck. I watched him jump from one branch to the other so I knew where he was and when I went to spot I didn’t get anything until after I shot him. Maybe a bug?

Pretty sure everyone knows that

Did you light up your thermal vision at all?

From our testing on PC with an XBOX controller, no matter how slowly you tried to creep, any foot movement would make the Predator cloak no longer 100% invisible.

Switching weapons/gear - no cloak change.
Aiming weapons - no cloak change.
Using weapons - no cloak change (but know the weapon trail can be traced back to its source - the Predator)
Healing I think de-cloaks you, but you can immediately re-cloak. The blood and sounds can still give you away much easier than you might first realize.

@YUPPERS We did not test the 360 spin specifically for cloak, but we did just to see what the FT sees and I was told that it looked like Predator was firing backwards (feet not moving), and not turning their body around as it appeared to me on the Predator screen.

Are you 100% on this or are you on PC and willing to test it? I am super curious now because I had been assuming that if Predator feet do not move, the cloak is unchanged. What you and I are seeing seems to be different.

if you are on PC and want to test EGS: Draedark

2 Likes

Healing doesn’t decloak do it often but I wonder if it breaks invisibility

1 Like

Just confirmed it does not de-cloak. I was thinking of pigs.
Still not sure about 100% invisibility or not, but betting it does not affect that.

Hey I come bearing news. I was wrong. I just played a match where I could identify a still, invisible Pred. Granted I couldn’t spot him and I knew he was on a tree branch. I had my 10x Snipes out and walked parallel to the tree with my eye in the scope. I noticed an area that seemed muted. Less vibrant. So I shot and landed. Didn’t see the pred but something was off.

Anyway I think the invisibility is appropriate and further tinkering could cause unforseen issues. If I didn’t know he was there I wouldn’t have focused so hard and wouldn’t have caught it. But I digress

I know what u mean. Ill be standing still in a tree just scanning while cloaked and ill get hit by 30 bullets. Even the ai can see you in the trees, something i dont remember being implemented 3 weeks ago

I had it tracking them since before I could see them

True… they can see you by tweaking settings. Still better than last patch… the pred is definitely harder to track than previously. Throw a trap on the ground and it def helps against ft being able to hit you through the bubble effect