Illfonic PHG stream

For the most part we didn’t find out any new info from the stream chat, though a few people really wanted a spoon as a weapon for FT😁

One thing was interesting tho. A few people did ask about Pred specializations and reply was to post this in the suggestion section of the forum. Does that mean that illfonic was not considering Pred specializations on their own or are they just being mum about what they are working on?

Your thoughts? (You can weigh in on the spoon for FT as well 😁)

4 Likes

They cant say anything about what there working on, so I still think will get significant buff to pred to even the playing field if not well the incompetent cause balance is messed up rn, they were bad at ft and they were still getting pred kills if that says anything.

3 Likes

This does not fill me with optimism…

5 Likes

If employees are legitimately telling you to suggest it in the forums that tells me they aren’t considering in the past on their streams they would bring up if something was getting a change in the the future when they were asked about it like bugs that they were aware of

Unless you honestly think that sony decides when they are allowed to talk about future updates

Yes they really " probably" aren’t doing specs DBD got big by using the guest IPs making a nearly endless progression system and mostly catering balance towards the favor of the majority

And the spoon is the meme in the unofficial PHG (reddit) discord as they believe that a spoon is the perfect parrying weapon for the ft as that’s how much a joke they think melee is in this game

2 Likes

Good point. Specialization do make more sense for a team oriented play, while Pred is still a solo hunter.

Lol at spoon meme. I didn’t catch the meaning behind it; i wonder if they did

I think they’re attitudes were happy go lucky of sorts. Discussing the game issues would ruin that

We need more dps and more traps and indirect ways of attacking the ft, pred doesn’t need to be a tank just needs to have a much bigger arsenal of tools to keep the pressure on ft.

2 Likes

For sure. My twitch was bugging out so I mostly just followed the comments. Did illfonic FTs communicate in any effective way during hunt or was it more like random play?

Random play, the played in privates they called out when they saw the Predator but no stragies around it, I did learn they are not the dev team, some are community manager and other departments which would explain the sub par gameplay.

1 Like

Even if they were the dev team, i wouldnt expect them to be as good as someone who put 100+ hrs into playing the game as opposed to testing in and playing for fun. They’d only get as good as their completions. On the forums, they’d be considered newbs no doubt 😁

1 Like

So…while there was actually feedback on the live stream, I get a sense of disconnect with the devs and what we take for granted on the forums. Particularly what we bring up in General discussion.

They did mention they were testing new balance adjustments which is really good. I asked about the tutorial idea I keep pushing and they did answer me with “Well, I mean fireteam is kind of self explanatory unlike Predator” which kinda makes think they missed the point of what I was getting at behind the idea.

All in all though I’m getting a sense of disconnect between the developers and the player base. I mean I get it, they don’t put the time into we do, that’s perfectly normal to me because I sure as hell don’t wanna do what I do 8 or more hours a day at work in my off time. I just don’t think they understand some of the feedback some times. I dunno, just my impression

4 Likes

If all the specializations were team oriented, then sure. A lot of them are pure buffs for the individual

Team based specializations:

• field medic
  • leader
  • comms
  • overseer
  • spotter

Predators should have specializations that can emphasize hunting strategies beyond perks, like ranged, melee, stealth, tracking, etc.

Most predator perks are weak 10% differences while the fireteam can easily increase its damage by 25 to 30%, 35 to 40% stacked with Leader.

If they don’t give predators specializations, they will need to adjust perk values:

• impenetrable 30%
  • height advantage 50%
  • downrange 25%
  • fearless 25%
  • cooling syncs 40%
  • modified reserve 25%
  • light bender, cloak uses no energy
  • heated, thermal vision uses no energy

Or

Add a “free” 4th perk slot in the same place as fireteam’s specializations.

8 Likes

I think you’re right. I don’t think they see the videos and discussion in the forum too often. They would need a team of actual testers who’d play with the community to fully understand out side if it. I think that’s what would have been really good to have at release of the game. But, part of me still feels like the balance is where it should be for casuals, while vets and pre-mades are just out of place in the bigger scheme of things. In that ways, the game is more forgiving to newbs and perhaps that’s they’re philosophy on how to make munny and keep the game alive. Bigger problems are swept under the rug. On the other hand, being a small developer, maybe they don’t have the manpower to fix the bigger problems and just approach things from a more impact vs payoff perspective

1 Like

Agreed, that’s the point i made in my feedback post about specializations. They would allow preds to play in a more varied style. Plus, as a solo player, you’d really want to stack a specislization perk with selectable perks for an added effect.

But as @KameofWar mentioned, they probably weren’t considering them for the peed so who knows if they’ll ever see the light of day.

1 Like

The main problem is the disconnect from community it is good to hear they are testing new balance adjustment however they need to play it more if balance is going to stay stable, get community testers or something pretty sure most of the community would be happy to help test.

3 Likes

I was also hoping that something would be said about the new mode, but i didnt catch anything. Kinda skeptical that it will be available for xmas, but oh well, as long as it’s in the plans, I’ll be patient

Its most likely multi pred mode, if it isnt then they missed and opportunity to bring more players, cause last thing the community wants is more ft modes.

I mean thats what Im holding out for at this point is Gaunlet, just straight up ft vs pred no mission only slaughter.

1 Like

Indeed, at the VERY least when it comes to new balance changes. Get a small dedicated beta server, give 100 or so people access, collect data and personal feedback before rolling anything out. They’ll have no shortage of volunteers and we can definitely break the game a lot better and faster than they can.

3 Likes

I agree. They don’t have to to agree with the testers conclusion or even implement them, but just to hear the breakdown/explanation of why certain things would be good to change and how to do it.

2 Likes

If that was don’t from the getgo, we’d have balance on which most players would agree on and would be taking about strategies and counter strategies instead of buff this, nerf that.

1 Like