Illfonic PHG stream

I would agree with you man but the problem is that random will be more affected by this particular change. Because hit scan bow will be easier to use compared to quick shot projectile from close range. So basically to change in a way that only good pred can abuse of the Bow and not affect noobs that much they have to make the Bow more tricky and increase the damage of quick charge. What needs a rework in my opinion is the plasma pistol, it’s very bad at the moment.

If they do buff it, I hope they also greatly increase the reload time or give it limited ammo.

Maybe reload time and limited ammo could be cool but the damage should be increased because right now is a garbage weapon.

For those jumpy jumpy scouts, I thought the pistol was still viable, until patch 2.08. It’s also good for finishing downed players, before 2.08. Also, it has one big advantage over the bow, because the bow draws red and blue lines right to the predator. Cloaked predators can spam a lot of plasma pistol shots and remain much harder to find. So, any additional buffing of the pistol would need to be very conservative, imo.

That was the issue of the pistol, it was more stealthy of the Bow. They should have changed that without nerfing recoil and firing rate. Pistol needs multiple buffs , the only nerf it needs is the visual and sound effect as well as reload speed.

Pistol is really tricky to balance from what I’ve seen. Before it was easy to spam and pepper the FT with. Now it’s slow and weak it’s hardly viable, I just use it when I don’t feel like overloading from the shoulder PC. It should be somewhere in between. I’d say actually buff the damage but increase reload time and time between shots. Make it a hard hit slow rate cannon with next to no splash damage. Basically a Predator SAWZ but even slower and without the scope.

If they buff the damage again, they should actually add enough spread to the pellets to make it more like a shotgun, so you have to get close to use it’s full potential, and that would leave the bow in the clearly longer range role advantage.

1 Like

LMAO

They are visibly terrified of making anything on par with the plasma caster & just keep releasing melee weapons for a reason.

Just look at the wrist launcher lol. Any future gear pred gets will be fucking memes. Then FT gets hammerhead and gear with actual effort behind it like UAVs and anti-cloaking nades BUT OH BOY HERES ANOTHER RESKINNED WAR CLUB FOR ANOTHER RESKINNED ZERKER CLASS WHILE FT GETS SPECIALIZATIONS LOL SUCH VALUABLE ADDITIONS TO THE PREDATOR ROSTER. It was funny at first now its just sad.

3 Likes

Really wish we got plasma mines, spear guns, grenades, net traps, drones, etc. instead we keep getting melee weapons when the game is becoming less melee focused with every update.

1 Like

Playing devil’s advocate here but maybe posting it in the forums allows for a greater cross-section of the player base to voice their opinions on it, kind of like a more organized version of the American Senate

@IllFonic For the love of all that is gaming please play against real players and stop cowering in your safe space

The game won’t be balanced until then

I predict rage quits 😁

Not sure what that will prove tho. They’re just not that skilled. I think they could be, but they have other hobbies, and that’s fine.

I think they know that FT is OP and they’re ok with that, even though we are not. Im sure they can defend their position on this too. it’s something along the lines off - not many new players want to play FT cause it’s boring a bit; with previous balance pred wipes the floor with them anyway. So it’s a trade off; it’s still boring, but you win more. Winning feels good. There probably is a better way of doing this, but they must feel that this is safer bet)

It will give them real data to make balance changes

Not controlled data

They will lose playing as FT or playing as pred.
I think the game is fine at their level. Even at mid skill level for the most part. Fixes are needed for top level. For that, they just need too look at @Bonator’s challenge. The basic conclusion made there is that pred’s DPS is too low. Simplest thing to do is to buff bow, combi and pistol (as suggeated by @Arrow_calis) so pred can be more aggressive and attack from upclose, giving a bit of an opening for situational melee as well.

1 Like

On one side i feel like they should be able to understand this if @OldKingHamlet and @Courier convey the infirmation to the top. So either these guy don’t convey the info or illfonic thinks that proposed changes are not necessary.

Im still wondering if cloak changes were initiated from the outside or if that was solely illfonic’s idea. Everyone on forum was cought off guard about that

No complaints from me on the cloak changes

Not being able to be seen helps in avoiding those deadly, deadly bullets

I meant prior to the buff. But I’m mistaken, the complains about rooftop snipers brought that about.

I like that the cloak buff happened, but I would have rather seen the bolt action (SAWZ50) base damage nerfed 25% and all guns reduced damage at range.

Now that I have all the a stats on the assault rifles, I think the best they could do with those is:

• AR-W reduce long range damage 20%
  • GOSL-R reduce long range damage 15%
  • Hammerhead reduce long range damage 15%
  • Mercenary reduce long range damage 15%
1 Like

Perhaps that would be more fair; at least we got something

1 Like