Illfonic Response About Fireteam DLC?

Do you think we can get a formal Developer Response about whether or not we will ever get Fireteam DLC?

Most of the time we are forced to play as Fireteam in public matches, so it would be useful to know if they are planning on supporting this part of the game

I think from a legal standpoint, they probably can’t make money off of Arnold, Dante or Alice Braga (Isabella) if the licensing terms have expired, but they can probably reintroduce them as free options if they are stuck, due to the fact that these characters are already running around inside the game.

I suspect there must be something being held back on purpose (maybe a deal being evaluated pending the success of the next gen release)

What do you mean that you are forced to play as Fireteam? You can choose if you want to play predator or fireteam.

To clarify, the matchmaking time favours Fireteam most of the time (long waits for pred on consoles)

Yes you can choose to play as a Predator.

Quicker/easier to jump in as FT

1 Like

From the Known issues topic:

"Players may experience an issue that causes abnormally long matchmaking times. Our team is working to roll out a fix.

In the meantime, we recommend re-queuing if you find yourself matchmaking for more than a few minutes."

To answer your question, i don’t think that they are going to bring back the FT DLCs, probably they don’t want to pay for the license again, but time will tell.

1 Like

A little bit of clarity on the matter would be good though, as it is a bit of a kick in the teeth to have PS4 and PC players benefitting from DLC that stopped being sold literally the day the ‘new and improved’ version came out.

Forward notice about limited time availability would have probably been a more ethical business decision, which-I get-perhaps might have harmed new Xbox sales

4 Likes

no fireteam dlc for you

1 Like

Illfonic will never, ever give you “clarity” on anything, especially something regarding upcoming DLCs or updates. They literally sit on that information. OKH knew the game was getting a major update and overhaul all last year and never said a word, due to contractual agreements.

2 Likes

Which is stupid. They hid behind Sony saying they can’t say anything now they are the publishers they say even less

1 Like

It’s all a bit silly

There is more to it I’m sure.

There is a money-making asset available

Also, I’ve had a look at old PC and PS4 playthrough vids. What has actually been upgraded?!

This is not a developer problem, but a math problem.

Every match needs 4 FT players and 1 Predator player.

Unless the player base is perfectly balanced where only 20% of the players choose to play predator, predator queue will be higher. Period. There’s no workaround for that.

Even at its current state, with the current nerfs and difficulty, roughly 40% of the player base still choose to play Predator only.

At launch 4 years ago it was even worse. Queue times were 15-20 minutes. Back then about 80% of the player base played Predator only.

So, yeah. You are not “forced” to play anything. You don’t want to wait for predator gameplay? Go play something else.

3 Likes

Hey, listen man, conversation in this post has moved beyond semantics. The law of odds clearly favours an allocation into a Fireteam live slot. Not my contention. In fact, if I had the option to run and gun as Dutch in FPS mode, it would probably be my first choice tbh

Main question/contention is the Fireteam DLC being delisted suddenly. Arnold is as big of a draw for some as the Predator IP itself.

If odds favour getting in on a Fireteam, not a problem - just disappointed that Dutch was unceremoniously removed without so much as an explanation or warning for the existing playerbase, let alone the new playerbase.

1 Like

The explanation is obvious and not needed. iLLfonic acquired the licensing for the game publishing rights. DLC is considered additional content and they’ll need to secure additional licensing for it. Since we are talking about Hollywood actors (Arnold and Alice) and a retired NFL Player, licensing for that is likely to be in the millions each. Specially now that, unlike when they did it 3-4 years ago, they already got a good chunk of money for it and know the sales potential. illfonic does not have the money to pay for it. that’s it

2 Likes

Overall disappointing business planning and ethics.

Still having a blast playing and will see what the future holds.

Almost certainly expecting Prey 2 and Badlands tie-ins, and I suppose the current form suggests… more predator DLC

Ah well.

Already addressed…that ship sailed and its not comin back

Cryyy ONLY cryyy Ilfonic doooo And Ilfonic doooo And you do ?? SHIT 🤮

English?

Čestina? Ty nerozumíš absolutně ani slovo vid máš totálně vymrdano v palici nejsi schopnej ničeho ani si zjistit cokoliv :D debílek co tady leze do prdele všemu co se na YouTube hne vid blbecku zaostalej z pralesa :D 🤣🤣

1 Like

uhh…burrito

Burritooo 🤤

In the AVP Galaxy interview they did mention Aliens content has always been in the plans, how will that translate via licensing, I dunno. But it’d be nice if they introduce aliens and introduce Aliens fireteam classes, like Hicks, Apone, Vazquez, etc. as well as those weapons, but we’ll see. I don’t hold any hopes other than wishful thinking.

1 Like