Illfonic's Steam Community Engagement

After the year-long wait for release, I’m thrilled to finally be playing the game on Steam, but I’m a little concerned that Illfonic isn’t giving the game its best chance on the platform. So my question is, do you have any plans to engage with the community more directly over there, @Courier @OldKingHamlet ?

I’m not talking about anything outrageous, but just something like having stickied threads from the reps in the forum, and having the patch notes and updates announcements issued through Steam’s built-in news system. Between them, I think those two measures alone would curb all the “Thi$ gaMe is DED” nonsense going on in the forums and also increase its visibility on the platform as a whole. I know a lot of people (me included) “Follow” titles on Steam that we have a casual interest in, so having semi-regular news updates is a chance to convert those into sales of the game for those who might be on the fence.

It was disheartening to see it drop off the front page after only one or two days, limiting its chances of picking up new players. I’m planning on getting a lot of life out of this game. Loving every minute of it!

1 Like

People that say the game is dead , more than likely think that because of the trash matchmaking .

They might think long ques mean less players active? I dont think it is and its been long ques since the start really .

Empty lobbies is down to matchmaking , having to do a few searches for a game ? Its the matchmaking , people "quiting"during the start or mid game? Its the matchmaking .

There won’t be a shortage of players , these are just common long term issues there has been .

Glad you are enjoying it 👍🏻

1 Like

It dropped because everything they have now… should have been release.