IMPROVE CROSS PLAY OFF MATCHMAKING

Right now is impossoble to find a game with cross play off for us PC gamers. Can you improve the matchmaking by increasing the possibilty by a lot to find pc players with Cross play off? Maybe making also the queue working like if the ft are playing with cross play off there a huge chance to find a predator that is playing with cross play off. @Courier

1 Like

That’s because hardly anyone was playing it on PC months ago let alone now.

This game isn’t exactly a success if you haven’t noticed. Far from it.

3 Likes

Of course I can not disagree to this unfortunatly.

@OldKingHamlet

Still got what, over 6 months until steam release?

If Sony will give green light for steam release

Well i little abandon game because i have other games to play…in PHG i have lvl 148 and i am so close to lvl 150…i get 150 and maybe wait for invites from my friends if they have time and they want to play PHG
But last time when i played with friends was like… 1 month or 2 months ago? No new maps or new game modes…

1 Like

That’s the problem, content.

the PC community is smaller.

If we play with cross play off there is simply a smaller pool of players to choose from and therefore longer queues.

2 Likes

I know, but they improve the matchmaking system because right now is almost impossibile to find ONE fucking game as pred, and pc players are not 2/3 but much more.

Yea because pc port was made like last chance before publishing…

2 Likes

I found a lot of 2 pc/2 ps4 today , all the names were different so why if I turn cross off I can’t find even one game? I think this should be improved and give us the possibility to find 4 pc fireteam more often. @Courier @OldKingHamlet

Yep. Which is why it still runs like sloppy shit across a wide variety of systems.

We paid $40-60 for a glorified tech demo with microtransactions.

Yea i could understand if that game had somekind singleplayer but only multiplayer where we only get paid characters without new content like game modes or new maps? Thats very bad

1 Like

for example right now there many sqaud that are playing with cross play off and I’m searching a pred game with cross play off as well, and I fucking can’t find a game. This is not because player base is smaller that is because the matchmaking is broken. Come on increase this chance to find pc players if I have cross play off.

Don’t forget different timezones, different countries and a couple of other crossplay off predator pc players that search for games at the same time as you. The matchmaking might has it issues, but i think that the pc player base is indeed, not very big at the moment.

You expect the devs to increase the chance to find pc fireteam players? I’m afraid the only way is to magically create more of them.

Cross play off matchmaking is broken, look we didnt get a predator considering all of the people are searching a game for it right now.

This should never happen, and is one of the things that really bugs me. This implies there is no-one in queue for Predator, which we know isn’t true.

I’ve had this happen multiple times, even while we have had another friend actively looking for a Pred match at the same time. So why wouldn’t he be taking that empty spot, if not someone else?

1 Like

@Courier @OldKingHamlet I think this can go to the priority list for the next free update, I don’t think it will require too much time to help us PC players to find each other more often with cross play OFF.

Are we absolutely sure this is actually a bug that can be fixed?

What I mean to say is when you turn cross play off you’re only able to play with other PC players, which I would imagine is a smaller pool of players.

Also I’m presuming that you can only join lobbies where crossplay is off for all players?

Think about it if a PC player has cross play turned on and joins a lobby with one other PC player who also has crossplay on then that lobby is still in the matchmaking rotation for PS4 players too. Which would mean PC players with cross play off wouldnt be able to join at all…

Therefore playing without crossplay restricts you to a smaller pool of players who also have crossplay turned off. Ergo longer wait times.

I would be interested in an explanation from illfonic how crossplay options affect matchmaking