Infinite "Connecting" on PS4

In the last couple of days, I regularly get the bug where I am placed into a lobby, but for some reason, the game fails to connect. In the menu screen, it just says “connecting,” but nothing happens. I do not get into the game, and the counter just continues to count.

Edit: After a while I am just back at the beginning of the queue.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunately normal in this game

1 Like

It just recently started to happen to me though, that’s why I am so surprised about it.

1 Like

Well you have been pretty Lucky my friend because i have had it do the same thing for weeks now so im pretty much used to it

1 Like

I’ve recently had this happen to me as well. It’s so weird because I’ll usually just restart the game and it’ll connect me that go around. I guess we are pretty lucky to just now experience it because it’s annoying to look up ever minute hoping you’re placed in a match after saying connected for 20 minutes

2 Likes

So it’s August now and this is still a thing on PS4. It’s happened to me 3 times today so far. I quit and restart my game every time and it still happens. When is this gonna be sorted? I can just about put up with the 10-15 minute Pred wait times, but not to just be placed in an infinite loop and then put to the back of the que again. Please can this be addressed! 😫 @Courier @OldKingHamlet @IllFonic

1 Like

Isn’t that a universal thing in this game? Not tied to ps4 alone but the matchmaking system as a whole? I mean we’re dealing with this since the release, wich causes queue times over 30minutes sometimes if you aren’t paying attention because of the normally long queue times.

1 Like

Ah I wasn’t sure whether or not it was also a PC issue, but yeah that makes sense. PC players must have it way worse then. I can deal with the que times as long as I know I’m gonna eventually get a match lol, but these infinite connecting loops are killer.

Well, thre are two things here:

1. Longer queue times for Predator players. Sorry, playing as the Predator is super popular right now, and with City Hunter out, it’s gotten a little worse. And in a game where ideal matchmaking is 20% of the player base playing predator, if 30% percent wants to play as him, then you get some rippling queue effects from that.
  2. Connecting loops- That’s more complex. I literally have only had that happen to me once, and it was in the early days of pub release on this game. And since its the internet, not everything can be under our control, and something somewhere could be messing with and/or dropping the UDP packets. I will check with QA though. One thing to try: Could you hop into your router’s config and try setting the PS4 as the DMZ IP address? If this helps, then maybe your home router is being too protective on some of the packets coming in.
1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I’ll give that a try and see if it helps.